Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I think if you take Percy's downbeat assessment and Nixon's more bullish tone, maybe something closer to the average between the two is the true story.  

I read Percy's article in full and thought it was perhaps more realistic than downbeat. He seems sympathetic to our plight but realistic that there are hurdles to navigate even though he quoted that the debt numbers hadnt scared people off which was encouraging as thought may be much worse than in the public domain but perhaps not

5 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Would make sense if Jez Moxey is leading the bid, as he is Head of Sport Team Mergers & Acquisitions according to GSW's website. 

https://generalsportsworldwide.com/

Thanks for posting this link. Really interesting article in their news section isnt it about owners trying to sell football clubs? Good read. Lots of Derby mentions and this section seems very pertinent

"We’re sports executives, we know what the pitfalls are and we know what makes a good owner,” says Moxey. “When Steve Morgan put Wolves up for sale (in 2016) we had expressions of interest from 86 parties but when we examined them — and we checked all of them out — we found that only three of those could actually do the deal. Most of the rest were complete timewasters. That happens all the time. Clubs often get frustrated and end up not knowing who to trust. There are a lot of owners who are desperate to sell but don’t know how to get out."

22 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I hope the administrators are pressing the EFL for the results of the P&S results of our resubmission. The delay is simply not acceptable. Would love to see them publicly quizzed regarding the delay. 

And Morris didn't cause any delays? Can't have it both ways. 

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Red sauce, brown sauce, or no sauce at all ?

Has this guy got a good track record on ITK ?

Works for talksport who said Erik was credible.

Got decent contacts within the game I imagine but doesn't regularly break big stories. Plus no one has ever been able to second guess Ashley, he just does what he fancies and to hell with opinion and sources. 

Edited by Chester40

Bloody Mike Ashley… From what I’ve heard, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have my doubts, apparently Newcastles training facilities were absolutely diabolical under his tenure, as well as their stadium roof too… But idk, I do have a good feeling that he’d get us going in the right direction…

46 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Bloody Mike Ashley… From what I’ve heard, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have my doubts, apparently Newcastles training facilities were absolutely diabolical under his tenure, as well as their stadium roof too… But idk, I do have a good feeling that he’d get us going in the right direction…

I particularly like a tweet where a fan took a screwdriver and four screws to a game to fix his own seat.

10 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I read Percy's article in full and thought it was perhaps more realistic than downbeat. He seems sympathetic to our plight but realistic that there are hurdles to navigate even though he quoted that the debt numbers hadnt scared people off which was encouraging as thought may be much worse than in the public domain but perhaps not

"Time is running out before various nightmare scenarios come into play - including player sales in January, pay deferrals and more redundancies. "

"But for now, Derby are just hoping there is still a club to save".

Hardly encouraging from Percy.

53 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

"Time is running out before various nightmare scenarios come into play - including player sales in January, pay deferrals and more redundancies. "

Seems a bit like scaremongering and stating the obvious - ‘’if I stop eating and drinking water, I’ll probably have loads of issues and DIE’ sort of stuff.

Surely the fact numerous parties have shown proof of funds and signed NDAs within a month of us going into admin is as fast as that process could of taken anyway. So to me sounds like things are progressing as quick as they could be in terms of securing the sale and I think that’s positive - of course a long way to go but there seems enough reputable interested parties for one to get over the line.  

9 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Seems a bit like scaremongering and stating the obvious - ‘’if I stop eating and drinking water, I’ll probably have loads of issues and DIE’ sort of stuff.

Surely the fact numerous parties have shown proof of funds and signed NDAs within a month of us going into admin is as fast as that process could of taken anyway. So to me sounds like things are progressing as quick as they could be in terms of securing the sale and I think that’s positive - of course a long way to go but there seems enough reputable interested parties for one to get over the line.  

Wigan's administration took 18 months before a sale was agreed. Our sounds much more encouraging. The debts are scary though, it's true.  

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

He is a Red Dog who has form for revealing bad news before games.