Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

21 hours ago, mike93rh said:

7 parties signing NDAs is encouraging, but I'm still keeping my powder dry until January. Given the complexity I'm fully expecting this to drag on into next year and us playing a team of kids after the next transfer window. Begging I'm wrong, like.

According to Nixon it’s a straightforward deal it’s just if anyone wants to stump up 45 to 50 million if we are still looking at the massive 21 point deduction and heading for league 1 

15 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

According to Nixon it’s a straightforward deal it’s just if anyone wants to stump up 45 to 50 million if we are still looking at the massive 21 point deduction and heading for league 1 

If its true that 4 parties have stumped up 5 million up front to get to the next stage I'd imagine there are people willing to do a deal.

Some of these parties knew the figures before we went into admin, the deal will be even better for them now.

6 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

When reading anything from Percy, you also have to take into account that he is a Red Dog.

He`s bound to twist the knife into us a little more than other journalists!

agent provocateur

a person employed to convince others including the EFL so that they can be convicted.

Happy So Excited GIF

1 hour ago, Betty Swollocks said:

When reading anything from Percy, you also have to take into account that he is a Red Dog.

He`s bound to twist the knife into us a little more than other journalists!

I think he used to be a bit of a mercenary reporter, so although he was a red dog, he wrote professional articles about Derby and was no doubt paid by someone at the club to release snippets at convenient times.

Unfortunately we made him look a right burk with the BZI saga and I think ever since his articles have had a negative slant towards them.

Basically no one within the club are paying him to write articles anymore so he shoots from the hip like any journo does.

I still respect him as a journo, but he isn't on our side anymore.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If its true that 4 parties have stumped up 5 million up front to get to the next stage I'd imagine there are people willing to do a deal.

Some of these parties knew the figures before we went into admin, the deal will be even better for them now.

Anybody know for sure what “stumping up” means in this context? I’ve always assumed it was just shown they have £5m available in a UK bank account somewhere, and maybe put it in escrow or something. To me (in everyday usage), “stumping up” means literally handing the cash over, which I can’t imagine is actually happening here.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Anybody know for sure what “stumping up” means in this context? I’ve always assumed it was just shown they have £5m available in a UK bank account somewhere, and maybe put it in escrow or something. To me (in everyday usage), “stumping up” means literally handing the cash over, which I can’t imagine is actually happening here.

I know i'm an old un and sometimes my memory aint what it used to be, But pretty sure one of the Admins on Talksport a while back mentioned the £5million was just to look at all finances and data and non refundable...sounds mad butTrick Or Treat Halloween GIF by Fia Oruene

27 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I know i'm an old un and sometimes my memory aint what it used to be, But pretty sure one of the Admins on Talksport a while back mentioned the £5million was just to look at all finances and data and non refundable...sounds mad but

I don’t see how that can possibly be true, no one would pay it. But if 7 parties have paid £5m each to have a look, we’ve pretty much cleared half the debts already ?.

47 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

How does that tie in with an NDA though? Seems to be the very opposite...

He’s just trying to drum up support for his bid and put pressure on the Admin as he’ll say he’s the popular bidder.

16 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I don’t see how that can possibly be true, no one would pay it. But if 7 parties have paid £5m each to have a look, we’ve pretty much cleared half the debts already ?.

My thoughts too...must have heard it wrong.

I did hear it wrong

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/new-financial-details-emerge-surrounding-prospective-Derby-county-takeover-parties/

Edited by Unlucky Alf