Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on pre-covid wages it would be bottom 7 wage bill.

Millwall, Luton, Barnsley, Coventry, Blackpool, Peterborough

I think this is EFL trying their play to say we would still have gone bust even without COVID, the stadiums are open again and stil we cannot pay the wages?

But our revenue still hasn't returned to pre COVID levels of £30 million.  

If it did we would be well above the wage levels being paid.

Plus I dont see how you get a wage bill of £13.5 million over seven months when half the squad is on about £500k pa each.  I doubt we have more than about 2 or 3 players on above £1 million pa. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

There only seven months til end of season... so works out (if true)  at just shy of £24 million  Two million a month would seem very toppy to me.. given we have six players capped at £4,500 per month and only a squad of 23 players, including Ebosele, Watson, Stretton  and Williams who won't be on much either. It's not as if most of the others are superstars either apart from Mr Rooney himself of course and his wages are paid by 32red.      

The season effectively ends after the playoffs, but Contracts run until the end of June, so 8 months if we've paid October's. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

There only seven months til end of season... so works out (if true)  at just shy of £24 million  Two million a month would seem very toppy to me.. given we have six players capped at £4,500 per month and only a squad of 23 players, including Ebosele, Watson, Stretton  and Williams who won't be on much either. It's not as if most of the others are superstars either apart from Mr Rooney himself of course and his wages are paid by 32red.      

I've heard that at Lawrence's drink driving trial he said  that his wages were £65k per week. I've always dismissed that as incorrect, although I've never bothered to chase down the transcript. When Matt Slater first mentioned the £24m wages claim I did a back of an envelope calculation with the embargo boys on £4.5k, Shinny on £15k, Sibley on £5k and Lawrence on £30k etc and got a wage bill of £14m. In reality, if we are still at £24m, then Lawrence must be on something like £65k. Which means that is either £24m is totally fictitious or a good indication of why we are in such dire straits. 

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I've heard that at Lawrence's drink driving trial he said  that his wages were £65k per week. I've always dismissed that as incorrect, although I've never bothered to chase down the transcript. When Matt Slater first mentioned the £24m wages claim I did a back of an envelope calculation with the embargo boys on £4.5k, Shinny on £15k, Sibley on £5k and Lawrence on £30k etc and got a wage bill of £14m. In reality, if we are still at £24m, then Lawrence must be on something like £65k. Which means that is either £24m is totally fictitious or a good indication of why we are in such dire straits. 

Usually, I think, courts tend to calculate fines and such by monthly rather than weekly salaries bearing in mind that’s how many of us are now paid, especially footballers.

£65k pw would put Tom Lawrence on £3.4m a year - a lot even for a player we paid millions for. Not impossible for Derby in those days but still a lot. £65k per month would be £780k pa plus bonuses that in a good year might tip his salary over the £1m mark.

I know we all tend to believe that even Championship footballers are paid life changing sums every week but the transcript of the case and what was actually said could be important 

3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Usually, I think, courts tend to calculate fines and such by monthly rather than weekly salaries bearing in mind that’s how many of us are now paid, especially footballers.

£65k pw would put Tom Lawrence on £3.4m a year - a lot even for a player we paid millions for. Not impossible for Derby in those days but still a lot. £65k per month would be £780k pa plus bonuses that in a good year might tip his salary over the £1m mark.

I know we all tend to believe that even Championship footballers are paid life changing sums every week but the transcript of the case and what was actually said could be important 

Has to be monthly. Impossible for a weekly wage. Surely

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

Lawrence 30k tops I would imagine..

At the height of our silly spending we had a very large squad of 35 players (not as many as Forest at their height of silliness) and a wage bill of £47 million. That was in 2017/18. So an average of over £1 million a year .. some on more than that. But the biggest earners were players we signed from the Premier league. Darren Bent, Jason Shackell, Andre Wisdom, Tom Huddlestone, Matej Vydra , Ikechi Anya, Cameron Jerome, David Nugent. Plus players like Chris Martin and Craig Bryson who we tried desperately to keep so paid them top wages. All of them are now gone. Every single one. Curtis Davies, who was on top wages too has taken huge pay cut.

Who is left who could be on big wages? Lawrence maybe but he has never earned Prem Wages. Bielik maybe (but isnt he covered by insurance)? After that I really would struggle to think of any player earning in excess of £1 million a year and most not more than half that.

We may employ 100 people but only the playing staff and senior managers are on top wages 80 people on 20k pa is £1.6million I suppose.. the other 20 on an average of say £750k maybe £18 million I suppose.

Read the Nixon snippet, sensationalist headline, but when you read it it’s all about if we don’t get a buyer we will have to prove we have funds to see the season out or we will remain in the embargo we’re in, which means we probably won’t be able to re-sign Jagielka and Baldock given Bielik and Kazim will be fully fit by then. To be honest, a fair and reasonable position from the EFL.

IF we get to January without a buyer then we know we will be in the absolute poo and probably have to sell players. Therefore the article says nothing new!! 

And those thinking Lawrence is on £65k per week calm yourselves down. No way is he on that, £25-£30k tops! Mitrovic is regarded as biggest earner in champ normally and he’s on about £65k per week, maybe slightly more, that was when Fulham were promoted to the premier league and he signed for £25m!! No way would Derby have given Lawrence that sort of contract and if they had do you not think it would’ve been mentioned before now.

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

On the forum zoom call we tried to guess how many people worked for dcfc and thought that there were well over 100, excluding players, a number of which are likely to be quite expensive. 

Wasn't the academy running cost several £m....most of which is probably personnel and the players are cheap?

Academy is (was) just £500k per month. So the best part of £4m from that £13.5m will be academy costs.

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

So they're claiming the wage bill (including tax, NICS etc I assume) will be £13.5M until the end of the season? That's 9 months, which would mean the annual wage bill is now £18M - and they think THAT is "staggering" for a Championship club with a turnover in normal times of around £30M????

Have they looked at other teams wage bills? £18M p.a would put us comfortably in the bottom half, and 60% of turnover would probably put us in the bottom 6 for wages/turnover ratio.

What a load of tosh!

£18m for the year seems about right. These aren't normal times but we should be able to fund £13.5m from match day, TV etc over the next 9 months. I would doubt that any club has £10-20m sat in their bank. If they did that isn't the best business model. 

I think proof that DCFC can survive would be a projection of cash flow until the end of the season. They should be able to do that based on current wages etc

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Why would Sibley only be on £5k/week? Surely to hold onto a young player who made such a good impression in his first season it has to be more?