Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Excellent interview again today. Came across really well and committed to us

Just never seems fazed or defeatist about the situation, so impressive given the horrendous circumstances. I really hope he gets the chance to manage us in a stable state....he absolutely deserves it.

Lesser men would have walked from this nonsense months ago. You find out a lot about people in adversity.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

Well that’s the first question answered. Is Rooney up for the rebuild in league 1? Absolutely he is and is already planning for it. Biggest positive this week. Club needs certainty and stability, no one coming in will know the club like him or know what we have. Hopefully he can convince the likes of Bird Knight etc to stay as well, he’s really making a statement by his actions, if anyone can say he’s bigger than the club he certainly can, yet he doesn’t, he shows great humility and outstanding leadership in a critical period in this club’s history

We need the ownership situation sorting and then he can have the chance to manage without his hands tied behind his back, then we can really judge Rooney the football coach. Get a new owner and we can actually start being optimistic about the future again.

Just a thought with absolutely nothing to back it up, Rooney sold his image rights company a while back so he’s probably got a few million sat in his Nat West account not earning much, I wonder if he is looking to invest in us alongside Kirchner . Certainly talking about being with us for the long haul. Seems to work for his mates At Salford.

9 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Just a thought with absolutely nothing to back it up, Rooney sold his image rights company a while back so he’s probably got a few million sat in his Nat West account not earning much, I wonder if he is looking to invest in us alongside Kirchner . Certainly talking about being with us for the long haul. Seems to work for his mates At Salford.

That's a thought that crossed my mind a week or so ago.  He seems to like Kirchner, stressed the right buyer more than once yesterday, is massively committed to this club when he doesn't need to be and no-one would expect him to be, plus of course has got a net worth of some £150m I believe.  Surely has some free cash to play with. 

12 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well that’s the first question answered. Is Rooney up for the rebuild in league 1? Absolutely he is and is already planning for it. Biggest positive this week. Club needs certainty and stability, no one coming in will know the club like him or know what we have. Hopefully he can convince the likes of Bird Knight etc to stay as well, he’s really making a statement by his actions, if anyone can say he’s bigger than the club he certainly can, yet he doesn’t, he shows great humility and outstanding leadership in a critical period in this club’s history

We need the ownership situation sorting and then he can have the chance to manage without his hands tied behind his back, then we can really judge Rooney the football coach. Get a new owner and we can actually start being optimistic about the future again.

Agree, if anyone can convince the good young players to stop it is Rooney. They can learn such a lot from a great player that he was.

14 hours ago, Foreveram said:

This would be deeply concerning.

Having a manager financially invested in a club is a big no no!

17 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Keeping the likes of Bird and Knight (and others) would be fantastic however I personally would not think any less of them or indeed any of the players if they chose to accept offers from elsewhere under the circumstances.
Especially those lads in the early stages of their careers who have higher aspirations or international opportunities. 
How many of us in our own jobs would ignore an offer from another company when the one you currently work for is in such dire difficulties?

If there is a mass departure it will be interesting to see what sort of reaction they would get from our fans on the Ex Rams forum or IF they had to play against us? (I’m obviously thinking in a cup game more likely  ?)

Hostility or acceptance?