Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, DCFClks said:

I'm now beginning to think the main reason we hired and haven't sack Rooney is purely so we wouldn't have to bring anyone else on the pay roll. Any manger coming in would have wanted 2-3 of his own staff at least, no one would have come in on there own to work with a bunch on novice coaches. 

In fairness to Rooney he hasn't been able bring in any of the coaches he wants, imagine how Lampard would have done without Jody.

We sacked Cocu and his assistants and never replaced them, all we did was promote unqualified coaches who were already here.

if 2-3 of his own staff came in though, surely they would just replace our novice coaches on the payroll. 

On 04/05/2021 at 11:45, rynny said:

I can't see how he stays either way. 

Erik Alonso would be how he stays either way. Plausible he knows all about Rooney and a little about Derby reading sports history books, watching a Charlie George hat trick from an old YouTube clip and having had a few conversations with Mel.

31 minutes ago, rynny said:

So he takes control in either circumstances and thinks brand Rooney will give him profile, get loads of photo opportunities and offering him a summer cheque book to build “his” team; ignoring Ronney’s tactics had a bearing on results towards our nose dive (me ignoring Bielik injury contributed to this).

My worry from what I’ve seen since the Cardiff game, is even with a summer rebuild, I can’t see Wayne doing massively better next season in the Championship or putting us in contention with what’s left for a Div 1 promotion tilt. Should he stay, I think he’ll be gone around Christmas as the penny drops and we’ll be wasted a season and more money, which will ultimately put unfair pressure on any other managers that follow, trying to mop up the mess.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

What do you disagree with what he says? He was spot on with what he said when the novice was appointed in December and he has been proven totally right. Not funny in my view Roy Mac, very sad. Out of interest can you summarise for me what you think Rooney has done well, you are well placed being his number 1 fan ?

23 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Should he stay, I think he’ll be gone around Christmas as the penny drops and we’ll be wasted a season and more money, which will ultimately put unfair pressure on any other managers that follow, trying to mop up the mess.

So that could be Cocu then Rooney. Do you want to repeat it? Needs time.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You were quick enough to want Cocu out who got us on the fringes of the play offs and a tenth place finish. But want to keep Wazza who has a worse record, has won one game in 14 and lost 6 games on the bounce and has us on the brink of relegation. Is it just me or is that a tad odd, hypocritical some might say. What does go on in that head of yours Roy Mac ?

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Roy I was never Anti him, more on the fence, give him time, since that Cardiff game where he seemed to think our squad was Man City, I’ve been concerned by his decisions, constantly changing to counter opposition rather than focusing on us in my eyes, he’s puzzled me with substitutes too. So I’m generally doubting, as to be honest I’ll accept all make mistakes, but he’s not convinced me he’s learning from his.

B.t.w @LeedsCityRam has just reminded me I half called him out when we was on our strongest run under Rooney, so don’t think I’ve ever been anti him. Just reacting to what I’ve seen since that Cardiff game.

Edited by Zag zig

Just now, Zag zig said:

Just reacting to what I’ve seen since that Cardiff game.

Not convinced that one game was as pivotal as is being suggested. There's been lots of problems all season, not convinced of the need to say 'that was our downfall'. 

He's learning, so that could always be an answer, this season at least. If he gets another season that will be a limited reason if things go wrong. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not convinced that one game was as pivotal as is being suggested. There's been lots of problems all season, not convinced of the need to say 'that was our downfall'. 

He's learning, so that could always be an answer, this season at least. If he gets another season that will be a limited reason if things go wrong. 

Well we’ve got quite a few defeats to choose from in terms of where it all went wrong...

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

As I said SINCE the Cardiff game, not the game in isolation and is he learning? Again, he’s not convinced me he’s learning.

We’ll see. If we stay up, I think he’ll get another season if/when Alonso comes in, simply because he wants brand Rooney to take us forward. See how that goes and how long it lasts eh.

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

We’ll see. If we stay up, I think he’ll get another season if/when Alonso comes in, simply because he wants brand Rooney to take us forward. See how that goes and how long it lasts eh.

Same for any manager surely, well except Pearson! ?