Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Why do you think a team bottom of the League with Cocu can suddenly become world beaters .

I don’t, I’ve whole heartedly blamed the players in previous posts, I do however worry that he’s not managing to motivate players and we’re needing team building trips this late on in the season, that should surely be the very basics of management in any walk of life. 

Just now, YouRams said:

I don’t, I’ve whole heartedly blamed the players in previous posts, I do however worry that he’s not managing to motivate players and we’re needing team building trips this late on in the season, that should surely be the very basics of management in any walk of life. 

We couldn’t afford them I doubt we can now either. 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Roy where do you think this Rooney perception of him being a poor manager come from .

He can only work with the tools he has .

Big Sam hasn’t done any good at WBA but loads were touting him for Derby. .

Its bizarre really .

Well to begin with he's a marmite personality. Then there's the 32Red Cocu conspiracy. But mostly it's not being able to turn this small, average, inconsistent, injury riddled, young squad into world beaters.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Well to begin with he's a marmite personality. Then there's the 32Red Cocu conspiracy. But mostly it's not being able to turn this small, average, inconsistent, injury riddled, young squad into world beaters.

I love that your definition of world beaters is not losing 6 in a row and picking up more than 6 points from the last 42 available... 

Just now, Curtains said:

We couldn’t afford them I doubt we can now either. 

But if he was a good motivator he’d be getting what he needs out of them on the training ground and trips wouldn’t be needed. Comments like “getting to know each other” two games before the season ends while we’re in a relegation dog scrap doesn’t scream great management to me.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's not that new I don't think no i.e. not been implemented as of 5 years ago or less. Yes but he hasn't got them and hasn't had any full time coaching experience before he took the reigns here. That does have an impact- the fact we've got someone unqualified and with no full time experience literally learning on the job. That might be suitable for a club lower down the pyramid not in absolute dire straights but it's not suitable for us and it's shown by 2 wins in the last 15. 

Would these stats make you feel better?

6 October 2020 to Present: Played 43 Won: 13 Drawn: 16 Lost: 14 Win percentage: 30.2%

Chris Hughton at F*rest.

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

I love that your definition of world beaters is not losing 6 in a row and picking up more than 6 points from the last 42 available... 

It’s a turn of speech mate. 

It’s exaggerated terminology 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Would these stats make you feel better?

6 October 2020 to Present: Played 43 Won: 13 Drawn: 16 Lost: 14 Win percentage: 30.2%

Chris Hughton at F*rest.

we'll see where Hughton and Rooney are next season. My bet is that Hughton who has never finished below 4th in the championship (whilst having a full season managing) will be doing better than Rooney... If you want to completely ignore experience and past successes and just hire unqualified rookies that's your opinion. Mine is that more often than not experience gives us a realistic guide as to a manager's potential success and style of football that is useful like in every other profession. Ultimately, it's a much safer bet and pays off more in the long run. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

we'll see where Hughton and Rooney are next season. My bet is that Hughton who has never finished below 4th in the championship (whilst having a full season managing) will be doing better than Rooney...

Lol. The point was about who would save us THIS season. Hughton not doing much better at F*rest with a big squad with some big names!

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Waghorn, Lawrence, Knight and Sibley. 34? goals last season between them. 10? So far.

Maybe you excuse Lawrence due to injury, but the rest have been available for Rooney for most of his games. Who should take responsibility for that? In a team that desperately needs goals...

We are as injury riddled now as we started the season. Maybe more fitness wise at the start. 

Rooney himself said this team should be nowhere near the bottom 3. He has played with them, trained with them. He knew what he was signing up for!

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

My bet is that Hughton who has never finished below 4th in the championship (whilst having a full season managing)

Look into this and it's all been with good teams.

Newcastle had just been relegated and had an incredible Championship team.
Birmingham had just been relegated.
Brighton had finished 6th the season before.

He's managed 41 Championship games for Forest this season, it's not like he's been there half a season too.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

But if he was a good motivator he’d be getting what he needs out of them on the training ground and trips wouldn’t be needed. Comments like “getting to know each other” two games before the season ends while we’re in a relegation dog scrap doesn’t scream great management to me.

The players don’t look unmotivated to me, and at times play some decent football. Practically every goal we have conceded in this run has been the result of a silly mistake that should not happen. 
Our problem is that defensively we have players that switch off at crucial moments and we have seen that time and time again. A midfield that lacks any balance because that is all we have and an attack that is generally shot shy because they can’t  think quickly enough when that little window of opportunity arrives. We also have a centre forward who despite his obvious attributes, frequently fails to be close enough to goal. 
On the positive side, whichever league we are in, it is the first opportunity we have had for many years to have an almost total clear out of players we don’t want and start from scratch. 
I am ok whether Rooney stays or Rooney goes. 
I am happy for us to sell two or three of our young players to build a transfer pot.  
no matter how good a manager is, he can only work with what he has got. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

So Cocu had us at the bottom of the League and you think a comparison in the same season is ridiculous 

The post I was referring to didn't even mention Cocu.... Some are defending the indefensible  which is precisely what roymac is doing quite honestly. Losing 6 in a row and gaining 6 points from 42 is not good enough and these last 15 games have been as bad as the start Cocu made.  He was rightfully shown the door and at the end of the season exactly the same thing needs to happen to Rooney. The tactical approach totally lacks identity as we end up 'matching' the opposition- in basic logic it's trying to beat them at their own game. It doesn't take a genius to work out 9 times out of 10 they'll be better at their approach than you and beat you which is precisely what is happening. 

Making exaggerated claims of what the fans are demanding is just an attempt to legitimise his argument that it's somehow an absolutely awful squad (pretty much the same squad finished 10th last season) and none of this can be put at Rooney's door. That's the ridiculous aspect to it. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

The post I was referring to didn't even mention Cocu.... Some are defending the indefensible  which is precisely what roymac is doing quite honestly. Losing 6 in a row and gaining 6 points from 42 is not good enough and these last 15 games have been as bad as the start Cocu made.  He was rightfully shown the door and at the end of the season exactly the same thing needs to happen to Rooney. The tactical approach totally lacks identity as we end up 'matching' the opposition- in basic logic it's trying to beat them at their own game. It doesn't take a genius to work out 9 times out of 10 they'll be better at their approach than you and beat you which is precisely what is happening. 

Making exaggerated claims of what the fans are demanding is just an attempt to legitimise his argument that it's somehow an absolutely awful squad (pretty much the same squad finished 10th last season) and none of this can be put at Rooney's door. That's the ridiculous aspect to it. 

Simple management question to you .

Saturday do you go with a half fit CKR  or play with Sibley as a false 9 in this team which is far more mobile.

Marshall 

Byrne.        Edmundson. Clarke.   Buchanan     

Shinnie.      Bird.      Knight 

Sibley 

Joswiak           Lawrence 

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

This is the squad last season 

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/Derby-county/2020/2/

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/Derby-county/2019/2/

Check the squads and then think of injuries 

Edited by Curtains

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I really want Rooney to do well and i'm sure when he can concentrate on his own style that he wants to play and get his own players in, I think he could do well. 

All the blame cannot be put at his feet, the players have to take some responsibility for this season.

That said, I can't argue with anything you have said here.

12 minutes ago, bcnram said:

The players don’t look unmotivated to me, and at times play some decent football. Practically every goal we have conceded in this run has been the result of a silly mistake that should not happen. 
Our problem is that defensively we have players that switch off at crucial moments and we have seen that time and time again. A midfield that lacks any balance because that is all we have and an attack that is generally shot shy because they can’t  think quickly enough when that little window of opportunity arrives. We also have a centre forward who despite his obvious attributes, frequently fails to be close enough to goal. 
On the positive side, whichever league we are in, it is the first opportunity we have had for many years to have an almost total clear out of players we don’t want and start from scratch. 
I am ok whether Rooney stays or Rooney goes. 
I am happy for us to sell two or three of our young players to build a transfer pot.  
no matter how good a manager is, he can only work with what he has got. 

I agree and I said on a previous post when everything’s going our way we look alright but as soon as we concede they all go hiding, motivation/confidence whatever it is something is missing that management have to take responsibility for. And I’m in the same boat about the clear out it’s the first time since I’ve followed there’s not one player I’d be really gutted if we lost.