Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't be sorry mate.

How many did he score this season? 13 games 2 goals. The goal against Bournemouth got us the points.

I'd also argue that him being an additional threat at set pieces was the reason we looked so dangerous from corners during a 3 or 4 game spell pre-injury, he indirectly contributed to at least a couple of extra goals. We don't have enough big men to be a threat now.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

2 goals makes him a goal scorer? What's that make Waghorn then? 

Well lets see, he scored goals, so yes he's a goal-scorer.

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'd also argue that him being an additional threat at set pieces was the reason we looked so dangerous from corners during a 3 or 4 game spell pre-injury, he indirectly contributed to at least a couple of extra goals. We don't have enough big men to be a threat now.

I think that was a big difference, and in defence too. We're a small stature squad overall.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps I'm being wildly unfair or ignorant to our current financial situation, but if we get relegated I would like to see Rooney and his coaches leave their jobs by the end of the weekend.

I was sulking at his comment, not yours! Whatever happens tomorrow, I don’t want him around a second longer. 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

I was sulking at his comment, not yours! Whatever happens tomorrow, I don’t want him around a second longer. 

Oh I know! I didn’t think you were ? I was just veering off topic!

We need a clean slate whatever division we end up in, in my opinion, but if we lose to Wednesday he has to go immediately. 

19 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Just find his press conferences erm mind boggling? 

why wasn’t the set pieces and communication being worked on before hand? 

Well you know perhaps it had been with previous CB pairs, you know like with Wisdom in there?! Or with Buchanan rather than Fozzy etc etc.

He's trying to tell the fans they are doing everything they can to get the win needed. #obviousorwhat

Edited by RoyMac5

Has anyone else noticed that when we have scored recently, unlike most teams , our players don’t run over into the arms of the manager. No players coming out to say what a great bloke Rooney is . If they don’t like him , the way to stuff him would be to down tools tomorrow.

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Has anyone else noticed that when we have scored recently, unlike most teams , our players don’t run over into the arms of the manager. No players coming out to say what a great bloke Rooney is . If they don’t like him , the way to stuff him would be to down tools tomorrow.

That’s pretty uncommon anyway. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps I'm being wildly unfair or ignorant to our current financial situation, but if we get relegated I would like to see Rooney and his coaches leave their jobs by the end of the weekend.

I'd have a press release typed out and on autosend for 2:15pm Saturday.

Edited by Taribo
Regardless of result

If relegated Rooney has to leave the club, even if forced out by fan protest.

If relegated based on current form id say he's capable of relegating Derby to league two if he remains in charge.

I dont see him with a winning managers ability.

Rooney staying on if Derby are relegated further hurts Derby.

If Derby survive, I'd still sack Rooney as I think even an average quality manager could have got better results than he has.

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I can't be bothered to listen to ermm,his nonsense to be honest.

Let's just try and stay up Wayne.

Has he come out with he is 50% certain we won’t go down yet? Has he come out with the lads know what they have to do yet? Has he come out with the lads are ready yet? Not ITK just a hunch ?