Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

It is done. People have their opinions and I’m just giving mine. People sticking up for him and I can’t stand it

Well I can't stand people blaming him when they know almost none of the facts, but there you go.

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, sage said:

But it's exactly what you did.

You don't know what happened in that tackle, yet you clearly suggested it was a bad or reckless tackle from Rooney.

You don't know. You just made it up to fit your argument.

I'm sorry if we aren't in a bad enough state to satisfy your blood lust.

Stick to the facts. There are enough of them.

I think going into 50/50's as a manager when we've got 14 players is reckless  and it's caused further harm to our already threadbare squad. That's an opinion and it's making precisely NOTHING up. Yes, I have an absolute blood lust to see Derby county in the worst possible state.... that's exactly why I spend what little money I have watching us because I love moaning and seeing us lose there can't possibly be any other reason.....

You moan about sticking to facts yet speculate baselessly about the reasoning for why I'm posting as I am so stop being such a hypocrite please. 

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

It’s all out there to see. Can’t stand people defending him ?‍♂️ 

You've seen a video or pictures of the tackle? Just because you don't like him does not make him guilty of something.

56 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

It was only 2-1

Is that a joke?

Let's go to the extreme ...

Would the manager partying overnight be acceptable for our current team*, if we had lost 10-0?

Is there a scoreline where you feel that the manager should not go out partying?

I think that Rooney needs to rekindle his hatred of losing.

We have a squad that will need every ounce of motivation and organisation and commitment to do well this season - it is possible.

But, I cannot see it being possible if losing 2-1 can be rewarded with a night out.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

That video with Rosenior in the hotel room clearly shows it was an after party - there's a bunch of people, not just those women who got their arses out and tried to blackmail Rooney. I don't think adultery was necessary the proposed crime of the night, but I'll keep my powder dry before I begin to speculate...

Anyway, I reckon Rooney was being sensible and genuinely fell asleep. Victim of being high profile he gets taken advantage of.

Still unwelcome media attention for the club, which is the larger argument here, not the morals of a football manager committing adultery.

Id be careful with this. There are reports that the potential “blackmail” didn’t involve the girls directly. 

17 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Send enough of the more talented 23s to play in a competitive match. Send enough to do whatever sessions they want to do. Seeing as the squad is the way it is I thought he would of done that anyway, because quite a few of them may be needed this season. So yes 

They took about 26 players to pennyhill….which included a large no if 23s already…..at £500 a night for 6 nights I guess they opted against extras just to watch in case they were needed.

Just now, Ken Tram said:

Is that a joke?

Let's go to the extreme ...

Would the manager partying overnight be acceptable for our current team*, if we had lost 10-0?

Is there a scoreline where you feel that the manager should not go out partying?

I think that Rooney needs to rekindle his hatred of losing.

We have a squad that will need every ounce of motivation and organisation and commitment to do well this season - it is possible.

But, I cannot see it being possible if losing 2-1 can be rewarded with a night out.

I fully expected Rooney to be walking naked through the streets of Derby conducting self flagellation with an assortment of whips and other instruments.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Id be careful with this. There are reports that the potential “blackmail” didn’t involve the girls directly. 

"A spokesman for Cheshire Police said: "On Monday 26 July Cheshire Constabulary received reports of a possible blackmail relating to a number of images circulating online.

"Officers have spoken to the person involved and are satisfied that no offences have taken place. The person involved has also stated that they do not wish to take the matter any further."

Wayne Rooney blackmail probe dropped by police after hotel photos emerge - Daily Star

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I fully expected Rooney to be walking naked through the streets of Derby conducting self flagellation with an assortment of whips and other instruments.

I think him doing that would be more disturbing than him having a little sleep or an accident in training.

I fully do not expect a naked Rooney to making an appearance flagilation or not in the streets of Derby.

I think perhaps managing Derby to comfortable and uncontroversial midtable finish would be atonement enough.

16 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

They took about 26 players to pennyhill….which included a large no if 23s already…..at £500 a night for 6 nights I guess they opted against extras just to watch in case they were needed.

So he shouldn’t have got involved then. That’s my argument

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You've seen a video or pictures of the tackle? Just because you don't like him does not make him guilty of something.

No but it’s out there that he himself caused it. Percy and Sky Sports confirmed. I don’t like him you are right, and he is also guilty 

A decade or so ago someone I knew find themselves on the front of the sun because she was having a relationship with a future ballon d’or winner who had a stint playing for the team of Red Devil’s. She didn’t sell the story herself, but one of her friends did and pocketed the cash. It was a slow news day and for 24-48 hours it was deemed a ‘big story’, but by the end of the week it was chip shop paper. I'm gonna presume something similar is happening here.

People were daft, lessons are being learnt by everyone involved. Probs best to move on and discuss the football

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I wonder if we would lose any more games if that was on the cards?

I could probably be motivated to achieve many things to avoid a walk of naked flagellation through the streets.

I am slightly worried about your addition of "other instruments" ... in case you have a very clear image in your mind off how you would want it to look.

43 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Surely the easiest thing to do would be the club coming out and making a statement to the effect of we are aware of the recent allegations about the current managers behaviour and the club find no wrongdoing whatsoever and continue to fully support the manager in his role. 

But seeing as the football club are such fantastic communicators then there more chance of plaiting piss. 

Problem is, WR’s comments about the club show his relationship with MM is on the rocks. Guessing Mel would like him gone, but perhaps half our proposed signings would fall away if he is sacked. Not to mention the cost....

Percy has good access and would not spoil it by blurting about the training ground incident. He must have been briefed by someone high up at the club. By someone who is effectively briefing against Rooney. 

we really need that takeover.