Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't the onus on Coleen Rooney to prove that Vardy leaked the information though? 

It'll be decided on the balance of probabilities though.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

No Vardy is suing Rooney for libel, Pretty sure Vardy won her case against Rooney concerning the leaked story...but not to sure, The fact Rooney went public with accusations after the case, Vardy felt her honour was at stake, Now Rooney's brief is doing a job on her that may impact her future public persona...?

The libel case, which will be settled by a judge, not a jury, is set to run until next Wednesday and the onus is on the defendant Mrs Rooney to prove that it was in fact Mrs Vardy who leaked the stories in question.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61405836

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't the onus on Coleen Rooney to prove that Vardy leaked the information though? 

It'll be decided on the balance of probabilities though.

Vardy is suing for libel. According to Google, in order to win she must  "establish that the words complained of are defamatory. The test is whether the statement tends to lower the claimant in the estimation of right-thinking members of society generally, or is likely to affect a person adversely in the estimation of reasonable people generally."

Since Vardy just admitted offering to leak infomation to the Sun about Danny Drinkwater... I'm not sure how she can say that Rooney's claim lowers her any more than she has just done to herself.

Of course I am no lawyer, but that's how it looks to me.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

This is more worrying than all those links to other clubs!! Lovely bits though especially how soppy he has become about us!

Yeah, I agree. 

It's one thing for Four-Four-Two to link our Wayne to pastures elsewhere, but once Heat magazine have their teeth into the matter, its a matter of time before he departs.

Ffs, Colleen is probably just thankful he's not home all day, chimping the bi fold windows and swinging on his tyre in the backyard, to worry about what level of football he's working at.

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

This is more worrying than all those links to other clubs!! Lovely bits though especially how soppy he has become about us!

Two points on this story:

She may want him to get a job with a “bigger” club but I reckon said bigger clubs probably still think he needs to prove himself.

Secondly, if three of their kids are called Kai, Klay and Kit, I can’t believe they didn’t name the fourth Kass rather than Cass ?

7 hours ago, Rev said:

Yeah, I agree. 

It's one thing for Four-Four-Two to link our Wayne to pastures elsewhere, but once Heat magazine have their teeth into the matter, its a matter of time before he departs.

Ffs, Colleen is probably just thankful he's not home all day, chimping the bi fold windows and swinging on his tyre in the backyard, to worry about what level of football he's working at.

I am hoping this is the usual trash for such magazines and the "source" may be Colleen's latest sting operation. As a mum of boys I would be ecstatic at the qualities and work ethic Wayne is demonstrating to his sons working with us.