Manager: Wassall

Assistant Manager: Mac6

Starting XI:

Roos

Byrne   Edmundson   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird

Sibley   Shinnie

Roberts   Kazim   Lawrence

Subs: Marshall, Festy, McDonald, JBrown, Forsyth, Knight, Watson, Jozwiak, Waghorn

Like this but we’re not playing hoofball with this line up so would prefer Waggy to Kazim despite Waggy’s recent form. Don’t see Lawrence or Roberts linking w Kazim and both need to play. 

Fantastic opening post and match thread @Inverurie Ram. Hope it's the first of many.

In recent times we've had games of massive import, most notably the Wembley playoff finals against QPR and Villa. The unwritten future pivoted both times, catastrophically for the club. What might have been had we woken up the next day as a Premier League team?

This match is only a little behind. Times feel desperate with the money gone and League One beckoning. If we need to stop Sheffield Wednesday beating us on March 8th, then there's no chance. We will crumble like a crumbly thing indeed, @RadioactiveWaste. At least as much as one part butter to two parts flour and two parts sugar. 

Regardless of what Rotherham do tonight in the buildup, we have to beat Swansea. I like @Ghost of Clough's tactics. Full of energy, press high, whipped crosses into the box and also lots of shots. What's the team that can do that? Let's go with:

Roos

Byrne        Edmundson        Clarke        Buchanan

Shinnie

Knight            Sibley

Jozwiak         Kazim-Richards          Lawrence

Subs:   I don't know who's fit and who isn't.

36 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Is it bad that I’d find it a little amusing if Whittaker scores the winner?

I bet his transfer fee has probably paid the loan fees and wages of Mengi and Baningime for the 6 months we’ve had them.

Your timescale is a bit off. Cocu was still manager 6 months ago. It was only 7 and a bit months ago that Jozwiak signed.

I think Whittaker was sold to help pay existing squad member's wages. I also think Rooney wanted rid as he isn't his sort of winger (he shoots too often ?)

It not over till it is over

If the lads can just find a way to win a game and hopeful pick up 3 points is a major must at the moment I would start that lad that came of the bench against Blackburn rovers.

We might as well go for it and his speed could catch swansea out cold.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Your timescale is a bit off. Cocu was still manager 6 months ago. It was only 7 and a bit months ago that Jozwiak signed.

I think Whittaker was sold to help pay existing squad member's wages. I also think Rooney wanted rid as he isn't his sort of winger (he shoots too often ?)

Yes you’re right, been a long three months ?

Guessing by the time they leave we will have been liable for their wages for 4.5 - 5 ish months though, not sure how these things work and when the deal officially ends. 

Either way, both will have cost us money for essentially zero output. For Baningime that was always likely to be the case but I accept for Mengi the situation is a little more unfortunate. 

I get the impression Rooney was given agency to sell Whittaker, especially after the Stoke (H) nonsense. Would raise an ironic smile if he sends us down.

On 25/04/2021 at 12:09, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

For getting the Pooh Sticks into a match day thread, I congratulate you! Would you have put Felt in the Birmingham thread? It could have made all the difference! 
Can we get 11 players to turn up at Swansea? At the same time? Nearly all over thankfully. 

I might have, if I'd started the thread. Unfortunately it will just have to go in this thread instead, let's see if it makes any difference, unfortunately we are the stagnant pool at the moment and I have felt better than this in the past.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Whittaker's days were numbered after the stoke fiasco. That whole sitatuation and his eventual sale still rankles.

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Bird is not the best defensively though, so asking him to be the only holding mid i am not sure about. Think Shinnie is more suited to it, good tackling, high work rate, lot stronger physically than Bird too. Bird can definitely pick a pass so i would play him further forward. 

Thing is I totally agree with in the defensive aspect 

however there’s a massive difference between playing the game with everything in front of u ... aka the quarter back role and playing it in the heat of battle ... further up the pitch where ur much more likely to have  a man up your ass or at the very least come under pressure a lot lot quicker 

Thorne under a manager who I forget who it was played a few times higher up and did ok but no where near as well as he did the quarter back role where he had the time to get on the ball and make things happen

now bird isn’t on that class obviously , and he isn’t the all round product that bielik is but out of what’s currently at our disposal he would be my first choice still for that quarter back role 

53 minutes ago, David said:

Rotherham won’t win tonight, guaranteed. Put my house on it.

Like what happened to the wicked witch of the east? I doubt they'd be in any fit state to even kick a ball after that. ?

Edited by TimRam