vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Swansea City v Derby County Sat 1st May 2021 3pm at The Liberty.

This could be my very first and last go at a Matchday thread, but I hope not.

I hope everyday about most things, and hope that the football club I support provide me with more love than hate.

The sun is shining again today, the skies are blue, we have been told not to panic, even though it gets harder, second by second.

I was going to google Swansea and type in here, some history about them, but like our previous 5 games that is all in the past.

The Future is Unwritten and every staff member and every supporter of Derby County can only help by loving and supporting the club.

I've just been to Aldi and done the weekly shop, unfortunately I saw an elderly man in a Leeds Utd shirt and unfortunately we all have to look at that football club, and look at what it has achieved, since we knocked them out in a play off semi final. I smiled at him under my mask and was happier with the fact that our Aldi is selling again, those little snack bags of carrots and cucumbers, I've not had them in my packed lunch since Derby last won, my lucky shirt and pants have failed, so I waded in and bought a load of them!

The Pooh Sticks are from Swansea. 

The Clash aren't.

10 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Swansea City v Derby County Sat 1st May 2021 3pm at The Liberty.

This could be my very first and last go at a Matchday thread, but I hope not.

I hope everyday about most things, and hope that the football club I support provide me with more love than hate.

The sun is shining again today, the skies are blue, we have been told not to panic, even though it gets harder, second by second.

I was going to google Swansea and type in here, some history about them, but like our previous 5 games that is all in the past.

The Future is Unwritten and every staff member and every supporter of Derby County can only help by loving and supporting the club.

I've just been to Aldi and done the weekly shop, unfortunately I saw an elderly man in a Leeds Utd shirt and unfortunately we all have to look at that football club, and look at what it has achieved, since we knocked them out in a play off semi final. I smiled at him under my mask and was happier with the fact that our Aldi is selling again, those little snack bags of carrots and cucumbers, I've not had them in my packed lunch since Derby last won, my lucky shirt and pants have failed, so I waded in and bought a load of them!

The Pooh Sticks are from Swansea. 

The Clash aren't.

For getting the Pooh Sticks into a match day thread, I congratulate you! Would you have put Felt in the Birmingham thread? It could have made all the difference! 
Can we get 11 players to turn up at Swansea? At the same time? Nearly all over thankfully. 

Wycombe were held to a 2-2 draw there the other week, Swansea equalising late on. I wonder if that’s because Wycombe CONCENTRATED ON THEIR OWN duckin’ GAME AND LET SWANSEA WORRY ABOUT THEM. ? 

Ahem, sorry for shouting it’s just Swansea are on the telly at Reading as I type and I’ve got this picture in my head of Rosenior taking notes and telling Rooney what we’ve got to alter our game to this week. ? 

Get no pleasure out of being pessimistic but if we get anything from this match I’ll be pleasantly surprised. 

But I live in hope ?

15 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Wycombe were held to a 2-2 draw there the other week, Swansea equalising late on. I wonder if that’s because Wycombe CONCENTRATED ON THEIR OWN duckin’ GAME AND LET SWANSEA WORRY ABOUT THEM. ? 

What is our game?

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What is our game?

You see Roy he’s got to concentrate on our game and not the opposition but by the same token he’s tactically inept because he doesn’t change things to combat the opposition like Bowyer on Saturday (despite previously being praised for tactical changes during a game against Huddersfield and Brentford)

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What is our game?

That's the problem. Rooney isn't developing any kind of style.

A low defensive line and hoofball one week, then trying to play a pressing, possession based game the next.

I suppose 'our game' under Rooney is to try to beat the opposition at their own game. Unsurprisingly, we aren't as good at using the opposition's tactics as they are

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh, I thought it was 3, well obviously I did otherwise I wouldn’t have typed it. But hey, I’d take 2 anytime. Thanks for putting me right. ?

No probs, you are welcome. Yes another 2-0 win would be very nice...

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's the problem. Rooney isn't developing any kind of style.

A low defensive line and hoofball one week, then trying to play a pressing, possession based game the next.

I suppose 'our game' under Rooney is to try to beat the opposition at their own game. Unsurprisingly, we aren't as good at using the opposition's tactics as they are

Well, or injuries and poor quality of squad make a game plan inconsistent.

What would you make 'our' game plan then @Ghost of Clough- just out of interest, cos I'm not sure what formation I'd be happy to stick with against 'the Birminghams' and 'the Swanseas'. I can't imagine the possibility of 'what's our best 11'... ?

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Manager: Wassall

Assistant Manager: Mac6

Starting XI:

Roos

Byrne   Edmundson   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird

Sibley   Shinnie

Roberts   Kazim   Lawrence

Subs: Marshall, Festy, McDonald, JBrown, Forsyth, Knight, Watson, Jozwiak, Waghorn

Other than possibly Fozzy for Buchanan that looks good ?

Just now, BodminRam said:

Great.. half time they are losing to reading,  that means they need a result v us to secure the play offs as it stands

Maybe that will make them a bit anxious and nervous, who knows? Not sure it will make too much difference to the result...