vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

It's more like "to who"? The only player we have capable of winning a header in the box is Kazim. Therefore, it makes more sense to whip low crosses in there.

Buchanan and Byrne the players to do it

Twit to who indeed. Byrne has been 'ordinary' recently, did any of his crosses beat the first man yesterday?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's more like "to who"? The only player we have capable of winning a header in the box is Kazim. Therefore, it makes more sense to whip low crosses in there.

Buchanan and Byrne the players to do it

My mind could be playing tricks but didn’t one of them assist recently?

Roos
Byrne  Edmundson  Clarke  Buchanan
          Knight  J Brown  Shinnie
         Waghorn  Kazim  Jozwiak

Subs: Marshall, Forsyth, Bird, Lawrence, Sibley, Roberts, Ebosele, Thompson, Plange

Similar seemed to work earlier in the season ?‍♂️ although we did have Bielik for that one. Can't see us getting anything though... and that's just sad ?

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes, Buchanan with a low cross. It was the only low cross that I can recall from us yesterday too...

Yeah I was being a bit flippant ?

It actually prompted my to have a look at put assists stats.

Low and behold Buchanan and Byrne are joint second after Wags

would love for us to absolutely tump swansea, and being a glutton for punishment will still say we can do it (will do it), super Derby, super rams

disclaimer: please do not bet on my above comments i cannot be held responsible

Well yesterday was another angle to the 'how terrible are we' story we are running. Scruffy, defensive but fairly committed performance and a single piece of nice football and finally we are going to grab a win. 

Except, hell no...their manager has the audacity to change tactics and players and try to steal those points. Does Bowyer not know the etiquette is that if you score first its like the final day of the Tour de France and you basically just accompany them home with the win without actually trying to prise it off them. 

The gallant gentlemanly Derby players were shocked and looked to the manager to speak to them or appeal to their better nature but no, they pushed on regardless and stole 3 points off us when we weren't expecting it. 

The wing backs looked ok first half but every bit as negative 2nd half as I feared it would become. 

Not a clue for the team...everyone is pretty useless so.... 

Roos

Byrne, Clarke, Edmundson, Forsyth 

Shinnie, Bird 

Roberts Sibley Joz

Waghorn 

IMO CKR whilst he scored was slightly more in effectively, non-existent than Waghorn. 

Lawrence was unbelievably ineffective, shameful performance. 

No belief in that team at all...but anyway... 

As a Derby county fan all my life this is becoming really difficult. It finally feels as if we've run out of ideas. We've tried playing expansive at Blackburn but lost. We tried playing more defensive and direct against Birmingham, and even after taking the lead, we still lost. Sadly, it's clear we're just not very good.

14 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

IMO CKR whilst he scored was slightly more in effectively, non-existent than Waghorn. 

What did Waghorn do, except mis control a couple of decent through balls, oh and be offside. The offside in the box was particularly annoying as I think the keeper took him out, penno!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What did Waghorn do, except mis control a couple of decent through balls, oh and be offside. The offside in the box was particularly annoying as I think the keeper took him out, penno!

Maybe... But its like debating who is best to ask to babysit the kids, Beverly Allitt or Rose West. 

Roos

Byrne    Edmondson      Clarke     Forsyth

Knight      Shinnie     Sibley

Ebosele                                          Roberts  

Kazim

Marshall / McDonald / Buchanan / Wisdom / Watson / Lawrence / Jozwiak / Waghorn / Cresswell

When Kazim scored he looked as though he was not bothered. Previously he celebrated his goals with glee. It just shows how the players are not interested anymore. They are already on a beach. They as a 'team' and l say that loosely, will be broken up in a couple of weeks time and will move on. Their legacy will stay with us for years to come unfortunately. I would like to be a bit more positive as I am a 'glass half full man' but what with performances below par, inconsistent team selections and off field antics it's hard to believe we will be in the same league as Florist next season. Still it could be worse - we could be Grimsby Town supporters.

9 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Roos

Byrne    Edmondson      Clarke     Forsyth

Knight      Shinnie     Sibley

Ebosele                                          Roberts  

Kazim

Marshall / McDonald / Buchanan / Wisdom / Watson / Lawrence / Jozwiak / Waghorn / Cresswell

I don’t think the midfield of Shinnie and Knight has worked....

11 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

When Kazim scored he looked as though he was not bothered. Previously he celebrated his goals with glee. It just shows how the players are not interested anymore. They are already on a beach.

I must admit I found that strange. I thought it could be because he was carrying an injury but maybe you are right. No emotion or passion at all. Although CKR got the goal, his performances just haven't been the same either.