vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

It looks a strong line-up to me from the BBC report. Perhaps it's because Brentford have a squad, something we can dream of.

Six of the nine players (soccerbase) who have made 30 + appearances featured.

Edited by Asanovic70

2 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

Put it this way, would you be happy if one of our relegation rivals faced a weakened side? Having said that I wouldn't trust our lot to get a result even against a second string Swansea. I think @JfR answered the question like he usually does (his detailed statistics). Brentford played a strong line-up last night against Rotherham.

I couldn't be fussed either way ? i think managers should be able to play whoever they want though . I was simply asking the question ?

52 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Swansea could run their U23's out and we'd still find a way to not score a goal and stick one in our own net for them.

Whittaker is just going to score a hattrick against us.

Its the preverbal poo or bust time now. 

So either we try to go out in a "blaze of glory" and succeed or a give up with a wimpier and disappear with our "tails between our legs".

This where pride in not only the shirt comes into play but in being an honest, hard wording, dedicated professional  football player. 

Saturday will show how much they/we really want to stay up.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I'd imagine that Wayne will get Colleen to write some numbers down, put them in a gold plated sock then get one of the kids to pull them out and stick them on a blank piece of paper and boom!...we have the team for Saturday.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Roos

Byrne. Edmondston clarke Buchanan 

Knight Shinnie 

Sibley 

jozwiak.     Richards   Lawrence 

must win game which means must actually attack Sibley Lawrence and Richards our only hope of a goal from open play. Waghorn and Roberts when we get desperate to score whilst I actually think one of our central defenders will score for us this time. 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Roos

Knight Shinnie 

Sibley 

must win game which means must actually attack Sibley Lawrence and Richards our only hope of a goal from open play. Waghorn and Roberts when we get desperate to score whilst I actually think one of our central defenders will score for us this time. 

Bird for Knight plus toss up between Fozzy and Buchanan and then good to go...

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Roos

Knight Shinnie 

Sibley 

?

I think that's the best we can do. Bring Festy on if we get desperate.

Edited by RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Think i must be the only fan that can't see the fuss with Bird. Personally I think he is awful, but obviously hope he will continue to improve.

My opinion on Bird is that he won’t make a bad team good but he will make a good team better.

He showed too much last season to be written off this season. We’re a crap team but I know that last season he impressed Cocu enough to give him the #8 shirt and speak of him as a future captain, Rooney enough to speak of him as future England material and if I remember correctly Holmes said he was his vote for players player (can’t remember, he may even have won players player).