vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

6 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I didn't see today's match.

Is this quote reasonable?:

"We work hard to stop those goals, so it's disappointing. Every time we seem to switch off, we seem to concede.

"The players are fighting for each other. There is no lack of fight or character. The players will be ready for next week. We know what we have to do to stay in this league."

Or, is there some partial truth to it?

Was fight and character being shown, apart from switching off for the goals?

A fair assessment is that we were the better side first half & until we got the goal. Once we scores swansea stepped it up a gear and we went back to sunday league defending. We then showed pretty much nothing at 2-1 to get back in the game.

We also took our best player off which was mental.  

7 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I didn't see today's match.

Is this quote reasonable?:

"We work hard to stop those goals, so it's disappointing. Every time we seem to switch off, we seem to concede.

"The players are fighting for each other. There is no lack of fight or character. The players will be ready for next week. We know what we have to do to stay in this league."

Or, is there some partial truth to it?

Was fight and character being shown, apart from switching off for the goals?

I disagree that we worked hard to stop those goals 

the first one ....

was a free unchallenged cross into the box 

a free unchallenged header back across goal 

Nigel clough spoke about having players with a desire to keep the ball out of our net, a desire to stop crosses coming into the box 

We showed none of that yesterday and in recent weeks especially but most of the season we’ve showed very little desire or ability to do the basics to keep the ball out 

3 hours ago, G-Ram said:

A fair assessment is that we were the better side first half & until we got the goal. Once we scores swansea stepped it up a gear and we went back to sunday league defending. We then showed pretty much nothing at 2-1 to get back in the game.

We also took our best player off which was mental.  

Thanks for that. Sadly, you paint a clear picture.

23 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Without the injuries he would have been a great player for us. We had a January recall clause this season which we didn't use so he wouldn't have been able to play for us after then anyway. I think he's got a new knee injury as well ☹️

Who knows, maybe he'll replicate his 27 goal League One season for us next year

2 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Without the injuries he would have been a great player for us. We had a January recall clause this season which we didn't use so he wouldn't have been able to play for us after then anyway. I think he's got a new knee injury as well ☹️

Who knows, maybe he'll replicate his 27 goal League One season for us next year

We won’t be in bloody League 1 

I thought Keith Andrew’s was a muppet on Sky, some of the things he comes out with has no reflection on reality and that not just about Derby.  Thought we did ok yesterday until we fell asleep and they scored, then we show how brittle we Are. Like the fact we came back into it. 

when you look at our lineup it’s not that bad, they just need the confidence to go for it.

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I thought Keith Andrew’s was a muppet on Sky, some of the things he comes out with has no reflection on reality and that not just about Derby.  Thought we did ok yesterday until we fell asleep and they scored, then we show how brittle we Are. Like the fact we came back into it. 

when you look at our lineup it’s not that bad, they just need the confidence to go for it.

lack of confidence and lack of leadership on the pitch is hurting us at the moment , whose geeing the team up , whose rollocking the players who are asleep or making repeated mistakes , think we miss Curtis Davies for this , just hope somebody next saturday can find it within themselves and lead from the front

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought Keith Andrews comments were spot on yesterday, seemed to be a lot more knowledgeable about our club and less biased than a lot of Sky co-commentators.

Don’t say it too loud, otherwise he’ll be on coaching staff next season!