vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Roos

Byrne Wisdom  Clarke Forsyth 

Ebosele Knight Shinnie 

Roberts  Sibley  Jozwiak

Let Festy and Byrne alternate their runs down the right. Get Sibley close to Jozwiak. 

Get the front six running and passing. 

Ditch the long ball. 

19 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Cant wait for this one. Get to watch sibley, joz & roberts warm up on the touchline for 89 mins while we play 5 at the back and get to watch shinnie & knight do a lot of running. Another Rooney masterclass incoming 

Wazza’s plan to contain and hold them to 0-0 nearly works.....apart from the 3 Swansea goals....

16 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Roos

Byrne Wisdom  Clarke Forsyth 

Ebosele Knight Shinnie 

Roberts  Sibley  Jozwiak

Let Festy and Byrne alternate their runs down the right. Get Sibley close to Jozwiak. 

Get the front six running and passing. 

Ditch the long ball. 

Think Sibley needs to play off a striker, not be the striker....would also drop Knight, just not really contributing enough...

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wazza’s plan to contain and hold them to 0-0 nearly works.....apart from the 3 Swansea goals....

Well, we match up to every team to be a bit less good than them at everything they do (tactical genius) so I expect we're in for playing good football but not good enough and consequently losing.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, we match up to every team to be a bit less good than them at everything they do (tactical genius) so I expect we're in for playing good football but not good enough and consequently losing.

Blimey I dream of us reaching the heights of "a bit less good"..... 

Think we should definitely play Clarke and Edmundson. 

and Shinnie. 

and 8 of the others

and cross our fingers that Rotherham and Wednesday lose

and so far Morgan Whittaker has made 2 starts and 8 sub appearances for Swansea in the league without scoring, so an eye on him would be useful. 

7 hours ago, California Ram. said:

Think we should definitely play Clarke and Edmundson. 

and Shinnie. 

and 8 of the others

and cross our fingers that Rotherham and Wednesday lose

and so far Morgan Whittaker has made 2 starts and 8 sub appearances for Swansea in the league without scoring, so an eye on him would be useful. 

Hey scored on his debut

Id really really like to win this one. I don't want to be going into the last day against Wednesday in a winner stays up scenario. It would also put Rotherham out of reach. It'd be a minor miracle if they win their last three. 

Its Derby though so we probably won't win. 

What annoys me is that if we go down the players will get another contract elsewhere but good people in the club whose real job it is to work for the club to pay bills will be made jobless.  

Go down by all means but at least go down with some fight. This season is worse than the 11 point prem season. At least the likes of darren moore would bust a gut and run through walls every game but just wasnt good enough. I genuinely believe this team has more quality than their league position  

4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Id really really like to win this one. I don't want to be going into the last day against Wednesday in a winner stays up scenario. It would also put Rotherham out of reach. It'd be a minor miracle if they win their last three. 

Its Derby though so we probably won't win. 

What annoys me is that if we go down the players will get another contract elsewhere but good people in the club whose real job it is to work for the club to pay bills will be made jobless.  

Go down by all means but at least go down with some fight. This season is worse than the 11 point prem season. At least the likes of darren moore would bust a gut and run through walls every game but just wasnt good enough. I genuinely believe this team has more quality than their league position  

Definitely. This team is very much less than the sum of its parts. 

If we had the drive and determination of the Rotherham squad we'd be comfortably top half because our players are certainly capable of better. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

20 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Do the EFL actually have any powers regarding managers picking a "weaker team" , how do you even quantify that? Number of minutes played over the season for the players brought in , amount of changes?

Put it this way, would you be happy if one of our relegation rivals faced a weakened side? Having said that I wouldn't trust our lot to get a result even against a second string Swansea. I think @JfR answered the question like he usually does (his detailed statistics). Brentford played a strong line-up last night against Rotherham.

5 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

Put it this way, would you be happy if one of our relegation rivals faced a weakened side? Having said that I wouldn't trust our lot to get a result even against a second string Swansea. I think @JfR answered the question like he usually does (his detailed statistics). Brentford played a strong line-up last night against Rotherham.

I thought the Brentford side was weakened personally