Relegation watch

Spanish

If tomorrow night goes as expected and Rotherham lose to Brentford then a Derby & Blackburn win this weekend secures our Championship status.

Yes a win looks unlikely but the style of Swansea's play suits us more than a 'direct' team. That coupled with them hopefully resting a few players might mean we get an unlikely result there. After all, we won there last season 3-2 which at the time nobody expected us to get anything there.

I still think we can stay up. I can see Rotherham maybe getting 4 points from their 4 games? With a win & draw vs Blackburn and Luton. Harry Wilson to be Derby's savior in a Cardiff shirt on the last day.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If tomorrow night goes as expected and Rotherham lose to Brentford then a Derby & Blackburn win this weekend secures our Championship status.

Yes a win looks unlikely but the style of Swansea's play suits us more than a 'direct' team. That coupled with them hopefully resting a few players might mean we get an unlikely result there. After all, we won there last season 3-2 which at the time nobody expected us to get anything there.

I still think we can stay up. I can see Rotherham maybe getting 4 points from their 4 games? With a win & draw vs Blackburn and Luton. Harry Wilson to be Derby's savior in a Cardiff shirt on the last day.

If Rotherham get 4 points, we will need a point from somewhere...

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Out of interest, how many are of the same thinking as me:

That we won't get relegated, but we should change the management team (and recruitment team if we can help it) in the summer regardless?

I think we will get relegated, but if we somehow do stay up there needs to be a total overhaul within the club from top to bottom, including a new Manager....

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But the likes of Luton and Coventry have got the players...

I would like to know who isn't good enough in our team to play at the level of those sides at least. Who are all these boys we supposedly have. Last time I looked we had Scotland's number one. A Polish international winger,  a regular for Wales and one of the best defenders in the league in Clarke. Rooney said Shinnie should be in the Scotland squad... Buchanan a future England player. Sibley a future star only a year ago. 

Are they playing to the best of their abilities? No. Why?

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

I would like to know who isn't good enough in our team to play at the level of those sides at least. Who are all these boys we supposedly have. Last time I looked we had Scotland's number one. A Polish international winger,  a regular for Wales and one of the best defenders in the league in Clarke. Rooney said Shinnie should be in the Scotland squad... Buchanan a future England player. Sibley a future star only a year ago. 

Are they playing to the best of their abilities? No. Why?

Or...

a Scottish goalie who has got relegated every season for the past million

a polish winger who has played well in roughly 18 minutes in total this season

a welsh regular who has played well in roughly 18 minutes in total in his Derby career

one of the best defenders in the league-he is decent at best, if we swapped him out with whoever is playing at Luton we wouldn’t know the difference 

shinnie, like Clarke is decent, but again like Clarke no other fan of another club would even know his name. 

And sibley-well, maybe, just maybe he isn’t that good. !?

39 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

That we won't get relegated, but we should change the management team (and recruitment team if we can help it) in the summer regardless?

Don't forget the main change which is needed; the shorts. It has to be obvious by now that the black shorts are our main problem. It's time to go back to our proper colours of white and navy blue. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I’m a bit like that.  Will we go down?  I haven’t a clue.  Some days I think we’re done for, other days I think we’ll be OK.  Either way I think we should change the manager and have a review of scouting, how we’re run, etc.  I just can’t see it working for Rooney.

My fear is we now have this culture and habit of losing (at least not winning) and I don’t think it will change under him.  It’s happened before, most recently last season.  We finished poorly and that carried on into this season.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did the squad get better or worse do you think?

On balance, and on paper, there’s probably not much in it.  When signings were made like Joz, Byrne, Marshall, etc most people were thinking they were good signings and adequate replacements for those that left.  Obviously some haven’t worked, like Te Wierik, but any signing is a gamble.  But then CKR has been an unexpected success (relatively speaking).

Other players who were already here haven’t hit the form of the last couple of seasons.  Waggy’s been in double figures in his previous seasons, Wisdom’s been hit and miss, Knight and Bird seem to have been struck by second season syndrome (or played out of position).  Others, in my view haven’t had a fair crack of the whip, like Sibley.

Either way, I think this squad should be nowhere near the bottom 3.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did the squad get better or worse do you think?

Lots of gambles and lots of lightweights in a physical league spells danger not to mention staring the season with no centre forward worthy of the name.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's an internal relative measure though Roy. The realistic true measure should be how our squad stacks up against other squads in this division. 

How settled is our team compared to others, as well.

A difficult thing to measure, I wish there was a way...oh yeah, league points! ? ? Or how many teams have as few striking options as we do? Or as few CBs? ?

#COYR

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How settled is our team compared to others, as well.

A difficult thing to measure, I wish there was a way...oh yeah, league points! ? ? Or how many teams have as few striking options as we do? Or as few CBs? ?

#COYR

I guess it's very simplistic to say that there is a finite fixed correlation between the strength of a squad and league points.

Otherwise there would be no point in having a manager whatsoever.