Relegation watch

Spanish

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Woke up today and have even less faith that we will stay up now.

I just can’t see us getting another point this season and I know that Forest won’t beat Wednesday, so on that basis we’re down. 

I feel the same.

We still have a great chance of getting out of it, the best chance out of anyone at the bottom. But we won't take it, we had the chance against Blackburn, against Preston, the huge game against Birmingham and we just couldn't do it.

I have no faith in Nottingham Forest beating Sheff Wed, none at all. I'm absolutely convinced that Wednesday will get something.

All they need to hope is that we get nothing at Swansea, which let's face it, it's unlikely. And that will take it down to the final day.

Do we have the bottle to get over the line in those types of games? Absolutely not.

I'm fearing the worst.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I feel the same.

We still have a great chance of getting out of it, the best chance out of anyone at the bottom. But we won't take it, we had the chance against Blackburn, against Preston, the huge game against Birmingham and we just couldn't do it.

I have no faith in Nottingham Forest beating Sheff Wed, none at all. I'm absolutely convinced that Wednesday will get something.

All they need to hope is that we get nothing at Swansea, which let's face it, it's unlikely. And that will take it down to the final day.

Do we have the bottle to get over the line in those types of games? Absolutely not.

I'm fearing the worst.

Exactly how I feel. I think Rotherham will beat Blackburn and pick up a couple of points on the road taking them above us by a point with a better GD. Wendies will beat Florist and we will lose at Swansea meaning on the final day we need to beat Wendies to stay up. A late Jordan Rhodes header from a set piece will ensure we don’t...sending us, Rotherham and Wycombe down ?

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I feel the same.

I'm fearing the worst.

It will be touch and go but only due to the failings of others. 

I’ve never placed a bet in my life but if I was forced to at gun point, I would probably (only just) put my money on us just about surviving out of the three which is what the bookies are saying as well isn’t it. 

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We can't play against teams that use the "launch everything into the box" tactic. This is why Rooney is trying to match up to them, which worked until Bowyer changed tactic and we didn't pick up on it. My point is I expect us to do better against Swansea. 

Just watching Reading v Swansea, similar styles so I would imagine a game more like we had at Reading with a similar outcome...

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, we need them to do us a favour and cheer them on just for that 90 mins ?

I’m just going to turn off my internet for those 90 minutes, then turn it back on, check the table (not the results), and by some miracle, wendies will be confirmed as relegated. I won’t ask how it happened, it just did, then I can carry on supporting anyone but Rotherham. 

mum like an anti-Rotherham fan now, I’ll be watching all their games but supporting the other team. Is it too late to get a season ticket for them?

37 minutes ago, sage said:

Swansea just drew with Reading so are safely in the play off slots. Hopefully they will rest a couple of players. 

I was thinking that... I imagine if roles were reversed we would be looking to give couple of squad players a go to get them match fit if needed.

They will I am sure still try and execute the well know defeat Rams playbook of putting lots of crosses until we give them a soft one.

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I was thinking that... I imagine if roles were reversed we would be looking to give couple of squad players a go to get them match fit if needed.

They will I am sure still try and execute the well know defeat Rams playbook of putting lots of crosses until we give them a soft one.

You know one of the squad players is Morgan Whittaker who would be bound to score. 

6 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I was a little hopeful following their recent dip in form but they looked excellent today ?

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We can't play against teams that use the "launch everything into the box" tactic. This is why Rooney is trying to match up to them, which worked until Bowyer changed tactic and we didn't pick up on it. My point is I expect us to do better against Swansea. 

So Rooney just wasn't looking when they made a double substitution? He had a lot of time to react. What's to stop Swansea just doing the same thing?

Hopefully because they're already top 6 they will just see this game as preparation and play there usual way.

Why don't we just say before the game we're going to rough them up and try and scare them into resting players?? 

What a concerns me is the “great escape” aspect, there’s one or two of these each season across the divisions.

Both Weds and Rotherham could utilise this narrative to boost themselves for final push.

Weds- overcoming a points deduction, managerial changes and bonkers ownership.

Rotherham- overcoming expectation of relegation with a poor squad and Covid problems/fixture pileup.

Meanwhile we are sinking like a stone despite having held the advantage for months, whilst our “manager” told everyone that would listen we weren’t in danger!

We are a sitting duck!

Edited by Ramarena

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Why's that?

Rooney doesn't seemed to have learnt anything over the past 13 games,what's going  to change??