Relegation watch

Spanish

I was thinking about the suggestions Brentford might weaken tomorrow, or might not play at 100%. It's possible that they do, but I remembered that Ivan Toney is on 29 goals this season, one short of the Championship record, and two short of taking sole ownership of that title. Everyone knows footballers are competitive, and I would be surprised if he didn't have his eyes on that record, so I'd be surprised to see him rested or putting in less effort over the last couple of games. Realistically, he might well think that Rotherham is his opportunity to get the record, seeing as the last game is (on paper) a tougher one against Watford. Brentford's main man still having something to play for may work in our favour.

Edited by JfR

19 minutes ago, JfR said:

I was thinking about the suggestions Brentford might weaken tomorrow, or might not play at 100%. It's possible that they do, but I remembered that Ivan Toney is on 29 goals this season, one short of the Championship record, and two short of taking sole ownership of that title. Everyone knows footballers are competitive, and I would be surprised if he didn't have his eyes on that record, so I'd be surprised to see him rested or putting in less effort over the last couple of games. Realistically, he might well think that Rotherham is his opportunity to get the record, seeing as the last game is (on paper) a tougher one against Watford. Brentford's main man still having something to play for may work in our favour.

I think more relevant is that Brentford will want to finish 3rd and have the semi play off game v Barnsley, on paper a bit easier than either Swansea or Bournemouth ...

It's a rare thing for so few teams in the Championship having nothing to play for with 2 games left

Wycombe can mathematically stay up, but it's really just the 3 of us at the bottom trying to survive.

This also means that the league position of the opposition that the 3 of us play is fairly irrelevant. No one knows if a playoff team will rest the entire squad, or if a bottom half team are all playing for a new contract. Only us vs Shef Weds has both teams with something to play for.

Whilst we are rightly doom-laden, Paddy Power have Weds 1/16 to go down and Rotherham 1/3. We are 6/4 to go down. The bookies are fairly confident we are staying up.

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's a rare thing for so few teams in the Championship having nothing to play for with 2 games left

Wycombe can mathematically stay up, but it's really just the 3 of us at the bottom trying to survive.

This also means that the league position of the opposition that the 3 of us play is fairly irrelevant. No one knows if a playoff team will rest the entire squad, or if a bottom half team are all playing for a new contract. Only us vs Shef Weds has both teams with something to play for.

Whilst we are rightly doom-laden, Paddy Power have Weds 1/16 to go down and Rotherham 1/3. We are 6/4 to go down. The bookies are fairly confident we are staying up.

Think the bookies had us as favourites to beat Brum too....

11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Swansea 3-0 Derby.

Through early morning fog I see, visions of the things to be, the pains that are withheld for me, i realise and I can see..

Suicide is painless....it brings on many changes, and i can take or leave it if I please....

Theme from M*A*S*H

33 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Harsh getting relegated on 54 points 

relly pts.JPG

Our final total of 43 pts will not be enough

16 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Brentford team on Saturday and tonight...

Screenshot_20210427-135836_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210427-140213_Chrome.jpg

They've put a good team out tonight. Toney, mbeumo, canos the forward line they've been using all season. Should be able to score goals against Rotherham