Relegation watch

Spanish

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You'd rather have Cocu? At least say you'd rather not have Rooney! ?

Just interested in the statistics, RM5. We may be relegated or not. I am waiting to see what happens but cannot see us getting more than one point more, probably none.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Just interested in the statistics, RM5. We may be relegated or not. I am waiting to see what happens but cannot see us getting more than one point more, probably none.

No I'm uncertain as to whether we'll get 1 point more let alone 3. And still we may stay up. I've just got to the stage where I think there will be a final kick in the teeth. Such a poor squad cannot expect to stay up.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No I'm uncertain as to whether we'll get 1 point more let alone 3. And still we may stay up. I've just got to the stage where I think there will be a final kick in the teeth. Such a poor squad cannot expect to stay up.

If we lose the next two and stay up it would be a very remarkable escape.

14 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If we lose the next two and stay up it would be a very remarkable escape.

Wednesday will get something against Forest.

Look at their head to head and Forest do not come off good. I think in the last 12 Wednesday have won 9, lost 2 and drawn 1.

Best we can hope for is that Forest scrape out a draw but they’ll have absolute zero motivation to do us any favours.  

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Look at their head to head and Forest do not come off good. I think in the last 12 Wednesday have won 9, lost 2 and drawn 1.

Best we can hope for is that Forest scrape out a draw but they’ll have absolute zero motivation to do us any favours.  

I don’t see Hughton as a Manager who goes in to any game not wanting to win.....

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And so very difficult to watch. Obviously he has a poorer squad to work with but I can see why he doesn’t want Steve Macs input. Their footballing philosophies are exact opposites, chalk and cheese. Mac went out to attack teams and win games, make them worry about us approach...

exactly why we should give Mac a chance. 

24 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Edited by Tamworthram

25 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Players don’t have the same attitude to a local Derby as us fans (apart from on match day itself when they’re probably fired up by the fans). So, I doubt they’ll have any more or less motivation to “do us a favour” than they would any other team.

25 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I don’t see Hughton as a Manager who goes in to any game not wanting to win.....

Same with the players. It won’t matter to them that the result will either help or harm Derby. Deep down, they’re footballers who want to win every game they play rather. They’re not die hard Forest supporters or Derby haters.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Same with the players. It won’t matter to them that the result will either help or harm Derby. Deep down, they’re footballers who want to win every game they play rather. They’re not die hard Forest supporters or Derby haters.

Considering there are apparently some Forest fans playing in our academy, they may well have some Rams in their ranks even!

7 hours ago, Mckram said:

All depends on how we do vs Swansea before we can say if Forest did us a favour or not.

As long as we equal Wednesday’s result, they’re down. If we lose to Swansea then it doesn’t matter if Wednesday draw with Forest, they’ll still be in a position where they have to beat us or they’re relegated.

The key to all this is making sure we approach games looking to actually win rather than hope other teams can carry on bailing us out.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

All depends on how we do vs Swansea before we can say if Forest did us a favour or not.

As long as we equal Wednesday’s result, they’re down. If we lose to Swansea then it doesn’t matter if Wednesday draw with Forest, they’ll still be in a position where they have to beat us or they’re relegated.

The key to all this is making sure we approach games looking to actually win rather than hope other teams can carry on bailing us out.

If we lose to Swansea then even if Wednesday beat Forest (rather than just draw) they still have to beat us.

15 hours ago, Ramarena said:

What a concerns me is the “great escape” aspect, there’s one or two of these each season across the divisions.

Both Weds and Rotherham could utilise this narrative to boost themselves for final push.

Weds- overcoming a points deduction, managerial changes and bonkers ownership.

Rotherham- overcoming expectation of relegation with a poor squad and Covid problems/fixture pileup.

Meanwhile we are sinking like a stone despite having held the advantage for months, whilst our “manager” told everyone that would listen we weren’t in danger!

We are a sitting duck!

Or us?

SmartSelect_20210426-070931_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4206984ce00a67ee1e9ce67733655d25.jpg