Relegation watch

Spanish

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I guess it's very simplistic to say that there is a finite fixed correlation between the strength of a squad and league points.

Otherwise there would be no point in having a manager whatsoever. 

Yes that would be very simplistic. Hmmmm... ?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes that would be very simplistic. Hmmmm... ?

I dunno Roy I've read the back and forth comments on here, it's your prerogative to have your opinion that this season's failings are largely down to the paucity of talent in our squad but I haven't actually read anything to back that opinion up likewise. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I dunno Roy I've read the back and forth comments on here, it's your prerogative to have your opinion that this season's failings are largely down to the paucity of talent in our squad but I haven't actually read anything to back that opinion up likewise. 

Mate I'm just joshing with you. But come on it's been some years since we've had a squad this depleted and poor. When there was Bielik and Gregory (two parts of a teams spine) to choose we looked better. Can't get past the huge holes in the squad, made worse at times by injuries.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mate I'm just joshing with you. But come on it's been some years since we've had a squad this depleted and poor. When there was Bielik and Gregory (two parts of a teams spine) to choose we looked better. Can't get past the huge holes in the squad, made worse at times by injuries.

I think the quality of the squad has declined steadily over recent years but then on the other hand a good manager would make the whole greater than the sum of its parts which is my biggest issue with Rooney.

38 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

We gave Norwich a (reasonably) good game a few weeks ago though. Game will probably be more like this than poo house fest like Brum, Blackburn, Preston etc.

Our away form isn’t great though. Just hope somehow we can pull off a surprise, a point might be enough...

Edited by Jimbo Ram

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think the quality of the squad has declined steadily over recent years but then on the other hand a good manager would make the whole greater than the sum of its parts which is my biggest issue with Rooney.

He's done a reasonable job considering the squad gaps are in the worst places - striker and CB. We've not had the best luck (don't think Cocu did either, maybe it's Mel's shadow hanging over the Club ? ), and injuries have hampered an even vaguely settled team.

Edited by RoyMac5

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's done a reasonable job considering the squad gaps are in the worst places - striker and CB. We've not had the best luck (don't think Cocu did either, maybe it's Mel's shadow hanging over the Club ? ), and injuries have hampered an even vaguely settled team.

I just think that a manager with more nous and experience would get more out of this group of players than Rooney is managing to. I accept some of what you say about injuries etc 

What pisses me off is the stories about Rooney not wanting to seek advice from McClaren which if his team were totally overperforming then I could understand to a degree but still not agree with.

I don't rate Rooney at all as a man manager whether it be managing a team of people making widgets or football professionals, some of his behaviours are shocking regards leading by example, motivating people, organsing, being critical of someone behind closed doors, being open and honest the list goes on. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I am talking about the inability to physically compete against the thuggish sides. They can play against footballing sides in the main but we can't mix it. It's not rocket science. 

No, you don’t have to be a brain surgeon to see why we are where we are.....

People keep saying it was the bielik factor. Agree he is our best player when fit, but he is just one player...and we did win 3 of 5 immediately after his injury..(4 in 6 if you count the game he was injured in after 36 mins)

Edited by Yani P