Relegation watch

Spanish

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve not seen any of the game today other than when I turned on my sky go app I saw both Brum goals. If there is someone to blame it’s probably me. 

But I saw the team line up and could see Rooney went super cautious, we took the lead and went even more cautious and couldn’t defend it out. 

Was this performance a million miles different to Preston?!

We will not get another point with Rooney in charge. We have to hope Rotherham lose 3 of their last 4 and Wednesday lose next weekend. If it goes to the last day with Wednesday we’ll go down. 

I thought it was less bad and inept as Preston but still unacceptable...Brum looked clearly the better side and could have won by more. Their players looked clear on their roles, confident and motivated and they had a Manager with the nous and ability to change things when he needed to. Unfortunately we didn’t.....

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's the worst thing there, was a time BM (before Mel) when lots 'cared' and we could be their second team...

So true. This is one of worst aspects of how things have been run over the last few years - Derby have gone from a plucky team who played great football to win League twice, had the fun Jim Smith years etc to a team many football fans cant stand. You really notice this change in attitude living away from Derby

I thought first half today was poor but we got the goal and didn't really look like conceding..worry was we didn't really create anything to get a 2nd.

You knew Bowyer would change it at HT..he had to as they were worse than us.  So he did, and you could see the improvement pretty much straight away.

My question...why didn't Rooney react to this? We had a lead, we had the advantage and Brum had to chase the game. Instead he pretty much left things as they were and Brum took over. We have 5 subs, neither manager we have had this season has ever used those 5 opportunities well. We just seem to chuck 2 or 3 on in a random fashion, you never get the feeling it's to close out a game or change the tactical flow of the game.

It's very tiresome and very frustrating. I know in recent times we have had limited bench options due to injuries, but we have a Sibley who bleeds Derby County and we rarely use him as a tactical advantage playing to his strengths.

Edited by Yani P

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

I thought first half today was poor but we got the goal and didn't really look like conceding..worry was we didn't really create anything to get a 2nd.

You knew Bowyer would change it at HT..he had to they were worse than us.  So he did, and you could see the improvement pretty much straight away.

My question...why didn't Rooney react to this? We had a lead, we had the advantage and Brum had to chase the game. Instead he pretty much left things as they were and Brum took over. We have 5 subs, neither manager we have had this season has ever used those 5 opportunities well. We just seem to chuck 2 or 3 on in a random fashion, you never get the feeling it's to close out a game or change the tactical flow of the game.

It's very tiresome and very frustrating. I know in recent times we have had limited bench options due to injuries, but we have a Sibley who bleeds Derby County and we rarely use him as a tactical advantage playing to his strengths.

There doesn’t seem to be a plan....

It looks like at the moment we will finish on 43 points. If we stay up on that it will be pure luck. We will not deserve to stay up.

Been out with a Forest fan and a Spurs fan today and they’re taking the piss at me saying today was our biggest game and our recent history depends on it. We’ve lost but so has everyone else. We’re closer to the end of the season and our chances of being relegated are reducing.

I wish I was a neutral in this situation. As im not I fear the worst.

15 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Can’t see Rotherham taking more than 6 points so one win will clinch it. Shame we’ll lose to Wednesday thus allowing them to stay up.

This is the problem, forget Rotherham. Will Sheffield Wednesday get something from Forest - Yes, will Sheffield Wednesday beat us on the final day - Yes. Game over. 

Edited by r_wilcockson

57 minutes ago, Carnero said:

1 win will keep us up.

If we can't win a game then we'll have won 1 game in 15, that's 1 win in nearly a 1/3rd of the season, and will thoroughly deserve to be relegated.

Dovetails nicely with the one win from our first 15, so two wins in 2/3 of a season. At least the middle bit was pretty good.

First 15 games P15 W1 D5 L9

Middle P16 W9 D2 L5

Last 15 games (so far) P13 W1 D3 L9

Chuck in the ridiculously low goals from open play stat & this season is second only to the 07/08 debacle.

I dont know what to say about this squad any more. As people have said, 1 win will do. Maybe even a draw. 

We really do not know what is going to happen in our 2 games & Rotherhams 4. If Sheff W have to beat us to stay up I believe we can see out a draw at least, but we need to have Rotherham out of the picture by then which will only happen if they get max 1 point from their next 3 games.

I am hoping that we will match Sheff W result next weekend, I do think with the way Swansea play we could get a draw there, can Forest do us a favour and either beat Sheff W or get a draw, draw for us and them see's them down.

Do we have the ability to stay up, yes we do. Do we have the fight & desire to stay up, it doesnt look like it at the minute. 

I just want the season over & done with, I have resigned myself to us getting relegated.

17 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Dovetails nicely with the one win from our first 15, so two wins in 2/3 of a season. At least the middle bit was pretty good.

First 15 games P15 W1 D5 L9

Middle P16 W9 D2 L5

Last 15 games (so far) P13 W1 D3 L9

Chuck in the ridiculously low goals from open play stat & this season is second only to the 07/08 debacle.

It's remarkable that we're only 4th favourite for relegation. Thank goodness for Wednesday's points deduction.

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It's remarkable that we're only 4th favourite for relegation. Thank goodness for Wednesday's points deduction.

in terms of form i'm amazed that Huddersfield aren't down there 2 wins in 23 and conceded 12 in the last two away games.  They are that gash even we beat them in that run.

The result that's kept them out the bottom 3 an inexplicable 4-1 V Swansea coupled with a very ahem unexpected win at Forest.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Taking it that Brentford do us a favour in midweek v Rotherham (just be our luck if they play a weakened side), the worry for me is that both Rotherham and Wendies have winnable home games, against Florist and Blackburn that I expect them both to win. A defeat for us at Swansea is almost certain. That means we are a point ahead of both going in to the final game with us needing a draw against Wendies and Rotherham not to win at Cardiff. I just can’t see us getting that vital point, expect a similar game and result as today....

I have just realised that I forgot about Rotherham’s further extra game away at Luton midweek before the final weekend of games.....bit concerning with Luton having nothing to play for...

We're going down, and we deserve it. If we're honest, we've been absolutely dreadful. In a huge amount of our games we've barely put up a fight and just rolled over. If I felt the players had given everything and we'd just been out matched, I'd be more okay with it. I still feel we could have given so much more all season. 

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

So true. This is one of worst aspects of how things have been run over the last few years - Derby have gone from a plucky team who played great football to win League twice, had the fun Jim Smith years etc to a team many football fans cant stand. You really notice this change in attitude living away from Derby

Sad to say it but I can’t stand this team either