Relegation watch

Spanish

5 hours ago, Spanish said:

Some sensible comments there too.  We have a wide cross range of views shared on here.

I'm not questioning peoples views or the range of them, but looking back to then from the position we're in now and seeing how easy it would have been to not be in this position is frustrating. Talk about having to get so many points, and hopes of a win here will make us secure, knowing now that we've won 1 in 12. I wouldn't want to tell past me what was to come.

So after lasts nights Rotherham game we have been handed yet another chance to secure our future,this Saturdays game is now a must win for me as i dont think we will get anything from Swansea and if Sheff Wed beat Forest at home like i think they will it will be a final game showdown with them and given how we are performing at present i do not fancy our chances 

2 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

So after lasts nights Rotherham game we have been handed yet another chance to secure our future,this Saturdays game is now a must win for me as i dont think we will get anything from Swansea and if Sheff Wed beat Forest at home like i think they will it will be a final game showdown with them and given how we are performing at present i do not fancy our chances 

Final game showdown.....we need the Dark Destroyer from The Chase ?

Great result for us last night with Boro winning but that late Forest equaliser was a massive blow.

Now means that Birmingham still need points and if Forest lost they would be less likely to throw their game against Wednesday like they did with Huddersfield with them needing points as well.

3 minutes ago, AGR said:

Great result for us last night with Boro winning but that late Forest equaliser was a massive blow.

Now means that Birmingham still need points and if Forest lost they would be less likely to throw their game against Wednesday like they did with Huddersfield with them needing points as well.

Birmingham are safe, it’s basically 2 from 3 as to who goes down out of us, Wendies and Rotherham....and no team throws games, that’s nonsense....unless our players had big money on losing to Preston, looked like it.....

2 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

The Wendies are at Boro on Sat don't forget. If we beat Brum and the Wendies lose at Boro, the last game is irrelevant to them, albeit it could still be very important to us.

2 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Knowing what we know about our form and Rotherham’s form, would you rather be in our position or theirs, with their games in hand, it being in their hands etc.?

I’d still rather be in our position. At the minute it looks like neither of us can buy a draw, let alone a win. I still fancy them to not overtake us, even if we don’t get another point in the next 3 games. 

Sheffield Wednesday on the other hand...

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’d still rather be in our position. At the minute it looks like neither of us can buy a draw, let alone a win. I still fancy them to not overtake us, even if we don’t get another point in the next 3 games. 

Sheffield Wednesday on the other hand...

Well that last game against Wednesday at PP might be definitive 

1 hour ago, WharfedaleRam said:

The Wendies are at Boro on Sat don't forget. If we beat Brum and the Wendies lose at Boro, the last game is irrelevant to them, albeit it could still be very important to us.

Agree yes however we have to win thats the concern and Sheff Weds last home game is Forest i think we can all see what may happen there

I think i said in my original messege how big this game is if we fail to win and Weds get a result at Middlesborough things change again its game on

46 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Knowing what we know about our form and Rotherham’s form, would you rather be in our position or theirs, with their games in hand, it being in their hands etc.?

Rotherham have won 4 points from their last 5. 4 points from their final five puts them level with us.

We're in the better position, but only just.

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

100% in our position.

I’m very worried but the only consolation is that teams at the bottom don’t win many games so, games in hand wouldn’t normally give those teams much comfort. 

Their form isn’t great and, if roles were reversed, I’d be wondering how we’re going to make up 4 points even with two games in hand especially with only one home game left and their away games including Barnsley, Brentford and Cardiff. A bit like us, Rotherham’s best hope is that they do less badly than teams around them.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Pathetic display on Tues by all accounts, some chickens I highlighted earlier (loan players lack of commitment, lack of commitment of players who suspect that they'll be shown the door in the summer, the academy lads are great but unused to the rigours of this league) have come home to roost.

All of this is pointing inexorably towards a final day showdown with us needing at least a point from Sheff Wed to stay up.

How low has this once mighty club fallen that we pray for Rotherham of all people to mess up, because we wonder where our own goals and wins will come from in the last 3 games.

Here's my revised suggestion of how the run in may pan out.

Currently we have 43 from 43, Roth have 39 from 41.  They have a much better GD now.

Say we get a point on Sat and they lose to Barnsley then

Rams 44 from 44, Roth 39 from 42. 

They will probably lose to Brentford as well:

Rams 44/44, Roth 39/43

We might get a point v Swansea but they are capable of beating Brum:

Rams 45/45, Roth 42/44

Still not mathematically safe, the tension mounts...

They might get a point v Luton...

Rams 45/45, Roth 43/45

Which leaves us on the last day needing a point to be mathematically safe and hoping that Roth lose or draw.

If we lose and they win, we go down.

If we lose and they draw, we stay up.

If we lose and they lose, we stay up.

If we draw and they win, GD will decide and we go down.

If we draw and they draw, we stay up.

If we draw and they lose, we stay up.

If we win, we stay up no matter what they do.

So out of 9 possible combinations of results only 2 see us go down.  Do we feel lucky?