Relegation watch

Spanish

If Swansea beat Reading then we have all the automatic promotion teams plus all the playoff teams decided.

I don’t doubt that they’ll want a favourable team position to get a good draw in the play-offs but perhaps they’ll be cautious not to lose any players to injury and field a less than full strength line up.

A draw against Swansea and Rotherham to get nothing from their next 2 and I will believe that we are safe (although we technically won’t be).

Wish we could’ve held onto that lead today.

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think we'll stay up thanks to Wednesday's points deduction. If we lose the appeal and get a points deduction for next season, I wonder if Wednesday will take legal action? This could get messy.

If we go down and they stay we will be taking legal action on the decision halve their penalty 

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

If Swansea beat Reading then we have all the automatic promotion teams plus all the playoff teams decided.

I don’t doubt that they’ll want a favourable team position to get a good draw in the play-offs but perhaps they’ll be cautious not to lose any players to injury and field a less than full strength line up.

A draw against Swansea and Rotherham to get nothing from their next 2 and I will believe that we are safe (although we technically won’t be).

Wish we could’ve held onto that lead today.

All Swansea have to is draw

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

If we go down and they stay we will be taking legal action on the decision halve their penalty 

I hope this doesn't happen re the legal action it would be embarrassing and desperate. The very fact that if they stay up they'll have beaten us twice, Rotherham beat us twice etc... is why we'd go down and we shouldn't argue with that we've been carp and deserve everything we get as a club. 

This reminds me of the old joke.

Two guys (Derby and Rotherham) were walking in the woods.  They see a bear (relegation) Derby starts running, Rotherham says "You can't outrun a bear"  Derby says "I don't have to, I only have to outrun you."

Unfortunately Rotherham are wearing running shoes (games in hand) and Derby heavy boots and carrying a heavy backpack (Rooney)

1 minute ago, MickD said:

Two guys (Derby and Rotherham) were walking in the woods.  They see a bear (relegation) Derby starts running, Rotherham says "You can't outrun a bear"  Derby says "I don't have to, I only have to outrun you."

Unfortunately Rotherham are wearing running shoes (games in hand) and Derby heavy boots and carrying a heavy backpack (Rooney)

But Derby are 50 yards nearer the car

33 minutes ago, DCFCJim87 said:

I hope this doesn't happen re the legal action it would be embarrassing and desperate. The very fact that if they stay up they'll have beaten us twice, Rotherham beat us twice etc... is why we'd go down and we shouldn't argue with that we've been carp and deserve everything we get as a club. 

I liked the original post, but this is also very true. If we can’t beat Sheffield Wednesday with a 6pt deduction, we don’t deserve to be in this league. In fact, even if we beat them with a 6pt deduction, that’s very crap and we should and will hang our heads in shame. 

I can see us just staggering the the last day of the season, no points in god knows how many games, but surviving cos Rotherham are just as bad, and wendies have a deduction. But I do hope we beat them on the last day, that would give me some solace and end the season on something of a high. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

I liked the original post, but this is also very true. If we can’t beat Sheffield Wednesday with a 6pt deduction, we don’t deserve to be in this league. In fact, even if we beat them with a 6pt deduction, that’s very crap and we should and will hang our heads in shame. 

I can see us just staggering the the last day of the season, no points in god knows how many games, but surviving cos Rotherham are just as bad, and wendies have a deduction. But I do hope we beat them on the last day, that would give me some solace and end the season on something of a high. 

I really can’t see us managing to beat an ?

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Any idea why they were penalised?  Was it because they gained an unfair advantage that was later proved to be a breach of the rules?  The league is what it is, if you stay up you deserve to. 

12 minutes ago, MickD said:

Dump the backpack and pick up speed

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Wendies goal difference is the same as ours so they may only need a draw against us if they beat Florist and we lose at Swansea. Always assuming Rovrum get no points any time soon.

If Sheff W get a point against us we also get a point and survive.

Sheff W need to better our result vs Swansea in their game against Forest then beat us last game.