International Rams

Addingham Ram

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have a feeling that Jozwiak won't be here next season. I reckon he'll be on the blower to his agent after a move to a less mental club with better prospects. If someone comes up with the cash and Mel is still in charge he's gone. 

Great assist, good goal and a decent hand in the third as well.....

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12256916/hungary-3-3-poland

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Jozwiak showing what he can do when he's not surrounded by jobbers and stuck in a formation that makes it incredibly difficult to play in the opposition half. 

So what happened when Watson played a great ball to Jozwiak v Millwall? The ball was wasted on Jozwiak. Took it on the wrong foot and the chance had gone. He has to do better for Derby. Work rate fine...dribbles decent at times...assists and goals poor. 

42 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

So what happened when Watson played a great ball to Jozwiak v Millwall? The ball was wasted on Jozwiak. Took it on the wrong foot and the chance had gone. He has to do better for Derby. Work rate fine...dribbles decent at times...assists and goals poor. 

what did you want him to do? there were 3 players closed him down

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

So pleased for Kamil tonight, A goal, an assist, and played a big part in the 3rd goal as well. 

To all the DCFC fans that have been doubting him, this is what he is capable of when the team plays attacking football.

I agree. I know there is a player in there, I can just tell. The fact that he managed as many goals and assists for Poland in that one game as he has at Derby just backs it up. We're a poor side this season, none of our attacking players have been up to it. It's not just about Jozwiak. We currently don't play in a way that allows him to do much going forward either. He'll be a frightening player for us next season providing this mess is sorted out in the summer. 

8 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

You expect him to take it round half a team? 

Get players up the pitch in support and see what can happen. As it stands we've got 7 players in our own half at all times, leaving it up to a front there to figure it out against the entire opposition defense and midfield. 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You expect him to take it round half a team? 

Get players up the pitch in support and see what can happen. As it stands we've got 7 players in our own half at all times, leaving it up to a front there to figure it out against the entire opposition defense and midfield. 

Half the team? He was in on goal and once again nothing happened. 

17 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Half the team? He was in on goal and once again nothing happened. 

You say 'once again' as if he gets 4 opportunities a game as opposed to an opportunity every 4 games,.having spent the majority of his time on the pitch defending or chasing long balls down the line, having to aerially and physically challenge a full back just to get a touch.

Imstead if dissecting his every touch you should take a second to understand why he might be rusty, low on confidence and/or physically & mentally tired when these rare opportunities come along.

Edited by Coconut

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You say 'once again' as if he gets 4 opportunities a game as opposed to an opportunity every 4 games,.having spent the majority of his time on the pitch defending or chasing long balls down the line, having to aerially and physically challenge a full back just to get a touch.

Imstead if dissecting his every touch you should take a second to understand why he might be rusty, low on confidence and/or physically & mentally tired when these rare opportunities come along.

Once again as in hes had plenty of the ball around the opposition area and has hardly created a chance. Can you remember one? The Millwall chance was very recent and an example. He could have opened his body up and had a shot first time or touch with the outside of the foot and get a shot off before being closed down. His technique when receiving the ball from Watson was poor. I love his work rate. But he hasnt done anywhere near enough for us. 

It’s a lazy argument to put Jozwiak’s failings at Derby solely down to the way we set up. Lawrence has played well for Wales and scored good goals yet doesn’t stop him being slated on here yet Jozwiak, it’s all the management team’s fault. I’m not buying it.

Jozwiak is a different player in a Derby shirt to the one we saw last night. He’s also a different player to the one we saw in those first few games. He was excellent on debut against Luton, played well against the red dogs and scored a really good goal (yes I’m still counting it), he lost form slightly but then still put in good performances up to the Christmas such as against Swansea and Birmingham. I think Birmingham was possibly the last time he played well in a Derby shirt and we have won games and created chances in that time (6 wins in 8).

He is clearly a very talented player but he has struggled to adapt to the championship, he’s been lightweight at times like when he was nearly through on goal and went down trying to win a free kick. I also can’t remember the last time he played a first time ball or a cross in a Derby shirt. For Derby he takes too many touches and misses his opportunities to create chances. How we set up has some impact yes, also the midfield and defence have missed some of his great runs by holding onto the ball too long (something the coaching staff have not asked the players to do by the way), but a lot of it is down to Jozwiak who can play much better for Derby than he is and has proved it earlier in the season. Don’t underestimate the impact of being on his own in a new country at only 22, he’s bound to be homesick especially in this crazy Covid world.

He needs to get back to the positive and aggressive performances he gave in his first few games, something some of our other players could do as well!

16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It’s a lazy argument to put Jozwiak’s failings at Derby solely down to the way we set up. Lawrence has played well for Wales and scored good goals yet doesn’t stop him being slated on here yet Jozwiak, it’s all the management team’s fault. I’m not buying it.

Jozwiak is a different player in a Derby shirt to the one we saw last night. He’s also a different player to the one we saw in those first few games. He was excellent on debut against Luton, played well against the red dogs and scored a really good goal (yes I’m still counting it), he lost form slightly but then still put in good performances up to the Christmas such as against Swansea and Birmingham. I think Birmingham was possibly the last time he played well in a Derby shirt and we have won games and created chances in that time (6 wins in 8).

He is clearly a very talented player but he has struggled to adapt to the championship, he’s been lightweight at times like when he was nearly through on goal and went down trying to win a free kick. I also can’t remember the last time he played a first time ball or a cross in a Derby shirt. For Derby he takes too many touches and misses his opportunities to create chances. How we set up has some impact yes, also the midfield and defence have missed some of his great runs by holding onto the ball too long (something the coaching staff have not asked the players to do by the way), but a lot of it is down to Jozwiak who can play much better for Derby than he is and has proved it earlier in the season. Don’t underestimate the impact of being on his own in a new country at only 22, he’s bound to be homesick especially in this crazy Covid world.

He needs to get back to the positive and aggressive performances he gave in his first few games, something some of our other players could do as well!

Almost exactly what I was going to say.   I thought he was great last night but then he probably felt much more "at home".  He's clearly really talented, as we saw in his early starts.  Really do hope he stays and I believe he'll be a real asset once we've come through this cr4p phase. 

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

Once again as in hes had plenty of the ball around the opposition area and has hardly created a chance. Can you remember one? The Millwall chance was very recent and an example. He could have opened his body up and had a shot first time or touch with the outside of the foot and get a shot off before being closed down. His technique when receiving the ball from Watson was poor. I love his work rate. But he hasnt done anywhere near enough for us. 

I disagree that he's seen 'plenty' of the ball around the opposition area, it's the complete opposite.

The main area he sees the ball is 35-40 yards out, 10 yards in from the side of the pitch, facing his own goal and given the task of supporting the runs of Byrne. There are no runners from central midfield and often little to aim for up top aside from CKR, surrounded by defenders. 

Jozwiak's work has helped create a number of situations for Byrne to get his crosses in, but there's nobody out there really providing any support to Jozwiak himself. He's almost expected to do it all on his own.

If we had a creative central midfielder doing for Jozwiak what Jozwiak does for Byrne he'd be producing more.

You're still picking apart ONE chance when someone actually played a good ball to him, because that's pretty much the only one he's been given for the past however many weeks. The only one I can remember before that is Bielik playing him a lovely ball and putting him through the with keeper, Jozwiak having a decent shot the keeper could only push into the path of CKR to score.

Edited by Coconut

I could go thru many games in detail where Jozwiak should be doing better. Im not just picking out that chance from the pass of Watson. But its a good example that Jozwiak is not a natural footballer. His main assets are pace and work rate. His awareness and technique is that situation showed you that. Even when Derby were on a good run with Bielik in the side Jozwiak wasnt standing out. When he gets the ball against a defender have you ever felt confident he will go past him and deliver a telling ball? He needs to improve along with everybody else. Not everybodys fault bar Jozwiak.