International Rams

Addingham Ram

12 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Marshall looking shakey against Israel. At fault for the goal and seemed a bit late in his decision making. Roos keeps his place I guess. 

I'm not against Roos keeping his place at the moment as i think he has improved a lot this year. However, Marshall overall has more ability. Could perhaps be a little shaky for Scotland last night as he's not really played for around a month

Let’s face it with a midfield of shinnie and knight and bird we are never going to be top 6 let alone too 10. None are good enough with the ball but good enough without the ball. That’s the difference and jozwiak in Derby’s team never has options further forward no one runs from midfield. So when he has the ball all he has to aim for is ckr or he has to go back. Look back at games where he has the ball he either has to take 3 guys on or pass backwards 

If you watch all the footage of Jozwiak playing well, it's either a poor team or if it's a good time it's when there's space to run into. In the Championship most teams defend deep with 9-10 men behind the ball.

He's also notably staying wide and playing the ball quickly in these highlights, where as for us he's been told to cut inside more often and release the ball after beating a couple of players.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

maybe he needs to play in a better side in a different league

Maybe and if he was the only forward not performing for us I'd tend to agree but he's not. It's close to being a universal problem amongst attacking players at the club that they are not performing at a standard they'd previously showed that they can at this level. When that's the case you have to look at other factors i.e. coaching, tactics and man-management.

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Maybe and if he was the only forward not performing for us I'd tend to agree but he's not. It's close to being a universal problem amongst attacking players at the club that they are not performing at a standard they'd previously showed that they can at this level. When that's the case you have to look at other factors i.e. coaching, tactics and man-management.

Is it really that definitive, CKR probably doing better than I expected, waggy (who the heck knows), Tom can’t tell yet.  We are threadbare at best and kami has much more potential.  You probably need to make a better case for bad man management.  When he has a goal scoring opportunity he seems to be looking for a dive or makes the wrong decision.  Starting to worry that he doesn’t fit with us or our situation

4 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Let’s face it with a midfield of shinnie and knight and bird we are never going to be top 6 let alone too 10. None are good enough with the ball but good enough without the ball. That’s the difference and jozwiak in Derby’s team never has options further forward no one runs from midfield. So when he has the ball all he has to aim for is ckr or he has to go back. Look back at games where he has the ball he either has to take 3 guys on or pass backwards 

Problem is he takes 3 players on. Unfortunately it’s normally the same player 3 times

15 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Is it really that definitive, CKR probably doing better than I expected, waggy (who the heck knows), Tom can’t tell yet.  We are threadbare at best and kami has much more potential.  You probably need to make a better case for bad man management.  When he has a goal scoring opportunity he seems to be looking for a dive or makes the wrong decision.  Starting to worry that he doesn’t fit with us or our situation

But my point is it's only really CKR doing about what you might expect (likely better than expected). Waghorn, Jozwiak, Lawrence (albeit in an injury hit season), Knight or Sibley have been producing at anything close to a rate you would expect. We have a general problem not only scoring goals but creating chances and you'd expect more from the players in the squad in terms of ability. I'm not saying any are world beaters but as a whole they are better (based on previous evidence) than they are currently showing which makes me question where does the real problem lie.

I'm not specifically making the case for bad man management (although I don't think it's terribly hard to find evidence of at least questionable man management), I'm more making the general point that if a player isn't performing then it tends to be on them but if most of your squad just isn't functioning from an attacking perspective (especially if the players in the squad have demonstrated their capability elsewhere or are doing it internationally) the bigger problem likely lies elsewhere.

With your point about his decision making surely the next logical question is why ? Why is he making the "right" decision for Poland and why was he making the "right" decision often enough for Lech Poznan ? My personal view a big element is that he doesn't actually get many opportunities, at least not clear cut ones and so when they do come there is perhaps the pressure of "I need to make the most of this half-chance now, we might not create anything else all game". How we currently set up and go about our game is pretty damn negative; we barely make openings never mind chances and so it's not entirely surprising if forwards are snatching at things. Also because of how we set up it's usually fairly trivial to mark the actual threats and technical players out of the game. 

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

maybe he needs to play in a better side in a different league

if we are really using a game against Andorra as the benchmark for his performances, then what league would that be? 

30 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

But my point is it's only really CKR doing about what you might expect (likely better than expected). Waghorn, Jozwiak, Lawrence (albeit in an injury hit season), Knight or Sibley have been producing at anything close to a rate you would expect. We have a general problem not only scoring goals but creating chances and you'd expect more from the players in the squad in terms of ability. I'm not saying any are world beaters but as a whole they are better (based on previous evidence) than they are currently showing which makes me question where does the real problem lie.

Exactly. This isn't about Jozwiak, it's about us as a team this season. We're not good enough. We simply don't score enough. Although I'd like to think we will see better next season, meaning we will see more output from Jozwiak.

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

if we are really using a game against Andorra as the benchmark for his performances, then what league would that be? 

It wasn’t Andorra I was referring to, perhaps he finds it difficult to play alongside poorer players.  The championship is a difficult league and it is quite possible he would fit the epl better.  I think since around xmas he has been poor.  Scuffing shots, diving and passing rather than shooting.  I have always thought there was a good player in there but maybe he is home sick or just feels he made the wrong decision 

12 minutes ago, Spanish said:

It wasn’t Andorra I was referring to, perhaps he finds it difficult to play alongside poorer players.  The championship is a difficult league and it is quite possible he would fit the epl better.  I think since around xmas he has been poor.  Scuffing shots, diving and passing rather than shooting.  I have always thought there was a good player in there but maybe he is home sick or just feels he made the wrong decision 

Yeah maybe, he certainly is showing the promise he came with. From what we’ve seen so far I don’t see him anywhere near good enough for the Prem, his touch and final decision making just isn’t at that standard required from what we’ve seen at Derby. Maybe next season he will turn it around after settling in a bit.