International Rams

Addingham Ram

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

I could go thru many games in detail where Jozwiak should be doing better. Im not just picking out that chance from the pass of Watson. But its a good example that Jozwiak is not a natural footballer. His main assets are pace and work rate. His awareness and technique is that situation showed you that. Even when Derby were on a good run with Bielik in the side Jozwiak wasnt standing out. When he gets the ball against a defender have you ever felt confident he will go past him and deliver a telling ball? He needs to improve along with everybody else. Not everybodys fault bar Jozwiak. 

I saw one rating where he scored better than Lewandowski. Clearly he's a good player - for whatever reason we're not getting that from him at club level. I hope we can find a way to unlock the best from him. Edit: just seen GofC posted a screen grab of it on the previous page.

Edited by GboroRam
Edited

On 25/03/2021 at 21:53, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have a feeling that Jozwiak won't be here next season. I reckon he'll be on the blower to his agent after a move to a less mental club with better prospects. If someone comes up with the cash and Mel is still in charge he's gone. 

Not clear whether players are signed by our beloved club or singed by it 

On 24/03/2021 at 17:27, Ghost of Clough said:

Saturday 27th @ 19:45

Knight vs Luxembourg  (Sky Sports Main Event)

Saturday 27th @ 20:00
Lawrence vs Mexico  (Sky Sports Premier League)

Tonight's games. 

I'm expecting Knight to start and Lawrence to be subbed on. With our game on Friday, this may be the only chance they get to play during this international break.

On 26/03/2021 at 08:04, DazzaRam said:

Half the team? He was in on goal and once again nothing happened. 

As soon as he got on the pass, 3 players had already closed him down so he couldn't shoot. The next best thing was to pull the ball back for a team mate which he tried to do. Unfortunately CKR just stood still on the edge of the area and Roberts ran and stood behind Waghorn, meaning that a difficult pass into Waghorn who also had 2 defenders on him, was Jozwiak's only real option anyway. 

Jozwiak is not the problem, he's part of the solution. 

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

As soon as he got on the pass, 3 players had already closed him down so he couldn't shoot. The next best thing was to pull the ball back for a team mate which he tried to do. Unfortunately CKR just stood still on the edge of the area and Roberts ran and stood behind Waghorn, meaning that a difficult pass into Waghorn who also had 2 defenders on him, was Jozwiak's only real option anyway. 

He should have shot first time, he delayed for a second with his pass, took too many touches and the chance was gone. 

If CKR had ran in then he would have been standing on Waghorn's toes and they would have got in each others way. Sometimes standing still in the box when the winger is running to the byline is good, all defenders drop back in leaving you unmarked, it was one of my favourite moves when playing.

This is where he should've shot. Screenshot_20210327_094037_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9552bbe31944f3653e1d25bae7a6e26b.jpg

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/03/highlights-Derby-county-vs-millwall-2

25 minutes ago, rynny said:

He should have shot first time, he delayed for a second with his pass, took too many touches and the chance was gone. 

If CKR had ran in then he would have been standing on Waghorn's toes and they would have got in each others way. Sometimes standing still in the box when the winger is running to the byline is good, all defenders drop back in leaving you unmarked, it was one of my favourite moves when playing.

This is where he should've shot. Screenshot_20210327_094037_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9552bbe31944f3653e1d25bae7a6e26b.jpg

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/03/highlights-Derby-county-vs-millwall-2

This is concerning levels of obsession now:

a) this thread is about how our players are doing in the international stage, not about the Millwall match.

b) we’re meant to be rightly praising one of our players for an outstanding display for his country.

c) if you analysed every second of every game fir every player I’m sure you’d find a million occasions where a player should have done this instead of that. 

Either drop it, or start a new thread about how crap Joz is (although it’ll probably be merged with 2 or 3 others). 

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

This is concerning levels of obsession now:

a) this thread is about how our players are doing in the international stage, not about the Millwall match.

b) we’re meant to be rightly praising one of our players for an outstanding display for his country.

c) if you analysed every second of every game fir every player I’m sure you’d find a million occasions where a player should have done this instead of that. 

Either drop it, or start a new thread about how crap Joz is (although it’ll probably be merged with 2 or 3 others). 

This was my 2nd post on Jozwiak, not sure that counts as an obsession ?‍♂️

A) I hadn't realised when I posted this was the international thread, assumed it was the Jozwiak thread, clicked the next thread and the post I replied to was the post it brought me to. 

B) again didn't realise which thread it was. 

C) I like to analyse the big moments in games and see what we did well and what we can improve on. I rarely post them anymore because of the reactions. 

I carried on the conversation that was happening, again I assumed it was in the Jozwiak thread, my mistake. 

3 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I hope he is part of the team going forward. Which would mean hes performing alot better than he has been. The chance was there to open body up and curl into far corner or touch and smash with the right foot. As soon as he let it come onto hes left it was chance gone. Be nice to see him start v England. 

40 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I hope he is part of the team going forward. Which would mean hes performing alot better than he has been. The chance was there to open body up and curl into far corner or touch and smash with the right foot. As soon as he let it come onto hes left it was chance gone. Be nice to see him start v England. 

I'm in 2 minds about it.

If he starts, then he'll be limited to being a late sub in the Luton game.

However, I'd back him to have a good game against England. There will be lots of space behind Shaw with him pushing up high, leaving him 1 on 1 with Maguire at times. He could then build on that Good form for our final 7 league games.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

3 hours ago, rynny said:

This was my 2nd post on Jozwiak, not sure that counts as an obsession ?‍♂️

A) I hadn't realised when I posted this was the international thread, assumed it was the Jozwiak thread, clicked the next thread and the post I replied to was the post it brought me to. 

B) again didn't realise which thread it was. 

C) I like to analyse the big moments in games and see what we did well and what we can improve on. I rarely post them anymore because of the reactions. 

I carried on the conversation that was happening, again I assumed it was in the Jozwiak thread, my mistake. 

Fair enough, maybe it’s not your obsession, but certainly someone in this thread is going a bit ott, hence your thinking it was the jozwiak thread.