Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

7 hours ago, Rev said:

I'll take that and raise it.

The present Mrs Rev butters the bread as it comes out of the bag, rather than turning alternate slices over so the sandwiches line up perfectly.

Sloppy cow.

I'm sorry.  I really shouldn't say this.  But I have to agree.  She really is!

That is soooooooooooo bloody annoying!  ? 

My missus often sends me a text that merely says - 

'Hi...'

It really really gets under my skin. She can send it if she thinks I'm annoyed at her, if she thinks I'm obviously having too a good time to think of her or maybe first thing in the AM or sometimes just randomly if we aren't together. 

Either way, it's passive aggressive overtones drive me mad. So I often snap back angrily or just ignore it. Yet she will still keep sending it!!! 

Edited by Chester40

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

'Hi...'

It really really gets under my skin. She can send it if she thinks I'm annoyed at her, if she thinks I'm obviously having too a good time to think of her or maybe first thing in the AM or sometimes just randomly if we aren't together. 

Either way, it's passive aggressive overtones drive me mad. So I often snap back angrily or just ignore it. Yet she will still keep sending it!!! 

Hi...

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

'Hi...'

Respond with...

"Who is this?"

12 hours ago, Rev said:

The present Mrs Rev butters the bread as it comes out of the bag, rather than turning alternate slices over so the sandwiches line up perfectly.

That triggered a very old (50s) memory: My Gran hated this new fangled sliced bread so only used traditional proper loaves fresh that day. They would be very soft and butter was not the spreadable stuff we have today. so once the crust was cut off she would butter the loaf first then cut the slice off with sharpest knife you ever saw, made by my blacksmith Grandad! 

21 hours ago, TexasRam said:

My Mrs making a sandwich and not clearing away all the rubbish before eating it ( eg on the copping board with the onion bits, the tomato juice, the bits of cheese,) not even putting the butter back before eating the sandwich ???? drives me mad

Is my mrs cheating on me with you?! 

1 minute ago, sage said:

People who don't like people who don't like winter.

People who don’t like people who don’t like people who don’t like winter

22 hours ago, FindernRam said:

That triggered a very old (50s) memory: My Gran hated this new fangled sliced bread so only used traditional proper loaves fresh that day. They would be very soft and butter was not the spreadable stuff we have today. so once the crust was cut off she would butter the loaf first then cut the slice off with sharpest knife you ever saw, made by my blacksmith Grandad! 

My gran was the same on a Sunday tea time, (when all my dads side of the family went round when we were kids).

Stood at the table with the loaf stood upright, buttering the end then lancing-off a slice with laser like precision and us eating it as fast as she could go.

Happy memories. 

People who listen to and enjoy commercial radio. I'll admit to being a bit of a music nazi, but I can stomach pretty much any type of music if it's a one off. What I can't understand is the people who are seemingly happy to listen to the same two dozen songs over and over and over again. It infuriates me that this is still somehow a profitable business model for these radio stations in an age where nearly any and all music that has ever existed is just a click of a button away.

Whilst I'm at it, people who unironically claim that Ed Sheeran is their favourite musician. It's like someone earnestly telling me that their favourite food is boiled potatoes. I swear that in a few billion years when the sun expands and the seas boil and there's nothing left alive, somewhere inexplicably a phone will ring and it will be some gormless fuckwit asking his local radio station to play "Shape of You".

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

Whilst I'm at it, people who unironically claim that Ed Sheeran is their favourite musician. It's like someone earnestly telling me that their favourite food is boiled potatoes. I swear that in a few billion years when the sun expands and the seas boil and there's nothing left alive, somewhere inexplicably a phone will ring and it will be some gormless fuckwit asking his local radio station to play "Shape of You".

I agree that his newer stuff is very generic, but some of his older stuff is quite good. He'd be nowhere near my list of favourite artists, but I'd happily listen to A Team, Drunk, Lego House, etc.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I agree that his newer stuff is very generic, but some of his older stuff is quite good. He'd be nowhere near my list of favourite artists, but I'd happily listen to A Team, Drunk, Lego House, etc.

If I'm being completely honest he's better than the vast majority of popular music acts currently and at least he writes his own material. I mainly pick on him because of the record smashing sales. I just can't help but think, "really, this is the best selling music artist of all time?" whenever I hear one of his songs.