Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

Sith Happens

Indian Restaurants that operate on a 'bring your own' basis. 

I get how much cheaper buying beer is from supermarkets but if I'm going out I want to be served a nice draught beer,  not something that's half warm I picked up at the nearest premier shop to the restaurant. 

13 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I get how much cheaper buying beer is from supermarkets but if I'm going out I want to be served a nice draught beer,  not something that's half warm I picked up at the nearest premier shop to the restaurant. 

Perhaps you need a bit of better planning. 'Bring your own' from home in a cool pack.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps you need a bit of better planning. 'Bring your own' from home in a cool pack.

That's it though, you go out for a few beers then go to the restaurant,  last thing you want is carrying a cool bag with you all night.

Just don't get it.  Don't know if it is a gimmick to attract people who want to save money or it's the restaurant not able or wanting to get a license. 

42 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

That's it though, you go out for a few beers then go to the restaurant,  last thing you want is carrying a cool bag with you all night.

Just don't get it.  Don't know if it is a gimmick to attract people who want to save money or it's the restaurant not able or wanting to get a license. 

To be honest, I had not even considered the possibility that you might be going after going to the pub. ?

In my youth, the main reason to go to an Indian restaurant after the pub was because they served beer after 11. That's not really relevant these days for many reasons but I've never even come across an Indian restaurant that doesn't serve beer. I wouldn't go to such a place.

2 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

They're a godsend when you're 16 though.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

8 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

There was one in Belper when I lived there - the owner said it was because making a profit on alcohol was against their Muslim beliefs but they would take our wine and beers, put them in the fridge and even serve them. Lovely place that was - on the steep hill opposite the market place - and ideally situated next to an off license. 

9 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

I used to drop my beer off at my local BYOB Indian restaurant at the start of the night. Then 3 hours and 5 pubs later, I'd sit down in the Indian and the owner would bring me the menu and one of my beers.

Six Ps

Edited by sage

People who press the button on zebra crossings and walk across before it changes.

Or press it when there’s only you on the road and can’t wait 30 secs.

Or press it when walking past for a laugh.

or press the ones where they’re part of a large junction when it’s quite safe to cross as we’re all sat at a red and now have to wait longer for you to cross.

(I understand children need to be safe, and them holding me up is fine)

But not bloody adults or even worse CYCLISTS!

don’t start me on the weekend LoonyLycra brigade! ?

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

People who press the button on zebra crossings and walk across before it changes.

Or press it when there’s only you on the road and can’t wait 30 secs.

Or press it when walking past for a laugh.

or press the ones where they’re part of a large junction when it’s quite safe to cross as we’re all sat at a red and now have to wait longer for you to cross.

(I understand children need to be safe, and them holding me up is fine)

But not bloody adults or even worse CYCLISTS!

don’t start me on the weekend LoonyLycra brigade! ?

Pelican, Puffin, or Toucan.

Ain't no buttons on Zebras.

Just sayin'

I know... I know... I should get a life!  ?  

3 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Every telephone answering service that starts with "we're experiencing very heavy call volumes at the minute..............."

In other words all of them!

My landlords have been experiencing higher than normal for five years now. I argued and said that ‘normal’ has now changed. 

3 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Every telephone answering service that starts with "we're experiencing very heavy call volumes at the minute..............."

In other words all of them!

Yes, but Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' is nice.