The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

50 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve never seen proof, only suggestion that you actually get it through breathing it in. 

I’ve had Covid, it was brutal, and I know it exists, I’m not sure how it’s actually transmitted though. 

probably more to do with what you touch. 

45 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'd say it spreads so easily, it must be airborne. 

This article from Nature is a pretty clear read, and it's not too heavy...

COVID-19 rarely spreads through surfaces. So why are we still deep-cleaning?

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not convinced. When i had it, i was contracting and was worried I’d be sent home unpaid, so i waited for those around me to show signs and then I’d be sent to work from home, but it took nearly 6 weeks for people close by to get ill! This was last February before masks and social distancing. 

Were you tested at the time or some time afterwards?

By the end of February 2020, there had only been 23 confirmed cases in the entire UK, so you must have been desperately unlucky.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not convinced. When i had it, i was contracting and was worried I’d be sent home unpaid, so i waited for those around me to show signs and then I’d be sent to work from home, but it took nearly 6 weeks for people close by to get ill! This was last February before masks and social distancing. 

I don't know if you're aware of VoC, but the Delta variant spreads much more easily than the Alpha. Perhaps where you were working had decent ventilation or no-one wanted to get close to you?

For all those who have their doubts about getting the coronavirus vaccine. Maybe they could follow the example of some anti-vaxers in the USA, who won't have the vaccination but are happily taking the drug Ivermectin, on the recommendations of a few tv pundits.

People are being hospitalised after taking Ivermectin, apparently this drug's primary use is to de-worm horses. I suppose it's one way of not contracting the virus, poison yourself before you can catch it.

The world just gets madder and madder. People are taking the advice of tv pundits over the advice of an expert.

15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

For all those who have their doubts about getting the coronavirus vaccine. Maybe they could follow the example of some anti-vaxers in the USA, who won't have the vaccination but are happily taking the drug Ivermectin, on the recommendations of a few tv pundits.

People are being hospitalised after taking Ivermectin, apparently this drug's primary use is to de-worm horses. I suppose it's one way of not contracting the virus, poison yourself before you can catch it.

The world just gets madder and madder. People are taking the advice of tv pundits over the advice of an expert.

To be fair there is strong evidence that Ivermectin has some benefits.  It is a very cheap and safe drug that has been given out in home covid kits in several countries around the world and is currently undergoing an Oxford Study in the UK. 

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-23-ivermectin-be-investigated-possible-treatment-covid-19-oxford-s-principle-trial

The numpties that are poisoning themselves either don't know the difference between livestock Ivermectin and the human equivalent, don't care or bought it online off some shady website as its prescription only in some countries.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/08/21/more-mississippians-using-ivermectin-for-livestock-against-covid-19-then-calling-poison-control/?sh=27f44cc50fa3

31 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Your just pulling out extremes , there are plenty of people who do not want the vaccine for many reasons , painting everybody who doesn’t have the jab as nut jobs latching on to the most outlandish of stuff is just stupid and counter productive,

as stated , I have had both but will not be going down any booster route , ive played the game only to find that it’s made little difference to getting normal life or freedoms back , in fact it’s helped encourage vaccine passports, if having jab stopped you catching and spreading covid then not having it has a different slant but it doesn’t 

now since having the vaccine I have found I have periods where I feel totally and utterly exhausted and a strange scenario where My body seem to find it hard to regulate its temperature and I overheat , ive gone from someone who still had a jumper on when everybody else was down to a tee shirt to the total opposite now , I’m down to a tee shirt and very uncomfortably hot and sweating when it’s not even tee shirt weather ,,, now I’m sure I will get stick for saying that on here but it’s the truth , it may not be the jab but it’s bloody bizarre 

Edited by Archied

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I say "go for it" - and so does Charles Darwin.

10 hours ago, Archied said:

.....now since having the vaccine I have found I have periods where I feel totally and utterly exhausted and a strange scenario where My body seem to find it hard to regulate its temperature and I overheat , ive gone from someone who still had a jumper on when everybody else was down to a tee shirt to the total opposite now , I’m down to a tee shirt and very uncomfortably hot and sweating when it’s not even tee shirt weather ,,, now I’m sure I will get stick for saying that on here but it’s the truth , it may not be the jab but it’s bloody bizarre 

Sounds like you're going throught the menopause to me.....

9 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Sounds like you're going throught the menopause to me.....

That’s what the wife said??, very strange though as it feels very much like the symptoms of that ,,,, 

as I say , it’s since the second jab ,I may well have had covid and it’s a left over from that , I’m pretty sure I had it at the same time as the wife did but I tested negative but that was before first jab ??‍♂️, who knows ,, I’m one of those people who rarely sees a doctor ( 10 times max in my adult life I reckon) , never had a flu jab so won’t be going down the road of endless covid booster jabs 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't tend to watch the news much or reas newspapers, more just scan the internet, is it just me or is the reporting on Covid beginning to tail off somewhat?

It might be. Afghanistan is taking up a lot of TV news time though.

Purely anecdotal, but where I live, and where I work, and they're about 160 miles apart , there seems to be more covid around now than at anytime since it started .

3 hours ago, Archied said:

That’s what the wife said??, very strange though as it feels very much like the symptoms of that ,,,, 

as I say , it’s since the second jab ,I may well have had covid and it’s a left over from that , I’m pretty sure I had it at the same time as the wife did but I tested negative but that was before first jab ??‍♂️, who knows ,, I’m one of those people who rarely sees a doctor ( 10 times max in my adult life I reckon) , never had a flu jab so won’t be going down the road of endless covid booster jabs 

You know,you can still catch a cold or another normal virus....

I caught a cold off my sociable son last week leaving me with a slight fever,headaches etc but as such I knew it was just that as he had one too not a reaction to covid jabs.

I'll be having the booster when it's available,it will be the phizer variant instead of the Astra zenica type I've already had two doses of and I'm keen to get the maximum protection possible so i can continue living my life as normally as possible.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong