The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

Frowning boy , anybody who doesn’t bleat the official line is frowned on  , tut tutted and called a conspiracy theorist, we are not talking first jab or even second jab here but boosters. Within what ? A year ? 
vaccine goes where the money is , follow the money

Yes.

If you did some research, and by that I mean actual research of the science behind immunity, you would know that it wanes after a few months/years. That's why boosters for any vaccination exist. Some required more frequently than others.

Vaccine induced immunity to Covid wanes after a few months and natural immunity (from an infection) even quicker, so yes, boosters are required regularly - especially when new variants appear.

But then that's the "official line" again that you automatically dismiss, so I realise I've just wasted my time again.

Laughing response in 5,4,3......

14 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Yes.

If you did some research, and by that I mean actual research of the science behind immunity, you would know that it wanes after a few months/years. That's why boosters for any vaccination exist. Some required more frequently than others.

Vaccine induced immunity to Covid wanes after a few months and natural immunity (from an infection) even quicker, so yes, boosters are required regularly - especially when new variants appear.

But then that's the "official line" again that you automatically dismiss, so I realise I've just wasted my time again.

Where has the data arrived from for the boosters to be required already?

To be fair the idea of boosters being required was talked about very early in the vaccination programme.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be fair the idea of boosters being required was talked about very early in the vaccination programme.

I'm not sure what form the boosters will take.

I know there was talk a while back about a big boost in immunity from mixing vaccines (so, AZ jabs 1&2 = Pfizer booster etc). Or, maybe a booster which was specifically targeting the Beta (South African) variant, in case it makes a comeback - as that one is better at evading the current vaccines than the Delta variant.

There was a thing on the news last night about the AZ and Pfizer vaccines both having waning protection over mild infection over time (and quicker with older people) - though still offering very good protection against serious illness and death.

Of course booster jabs might have to be delayed anyway due to the worldwide chip shortage?

44 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Are you suggesting there hasn't?

I am suggesting that there no immunity whatsoever from Covid-19 from the vaccines given. The fact that people all around the world are suffering from it just weeks after second dose would qualify my suggestion. 

48 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I am suggesting that there no immunity whatsoever from Covid-19 from the vaccines given. The fact that people all around the world are suffering from it just weeks after second dose would qualify my suggestion. 

As far as I remember, nobody has ever claimed that any of the vaccines gives total immunity from infection.

They do however give excellent protection from serious infection/hospitalisation & death. A bit less so with more mild infections.

How do you explain the fact that the likelihood of hospitalisation and death has dropped so much since mass vaccination started?. Up to Jan 2021, it was around one death per 60 covid cases. This summer it has been less than one death per 1000 cases.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

As far as I remember, nobody has ever claimed that any of the vaccines gives total immunity from infection.

They do however give excellent protection from serious infection/hospitalisation & death. A bit less so with more mild infections.

How do you explain the fact that the likelihood of hospitalisation and death has dropped so much since mass vaccination started?. Up to Jan 2021, it was around one death per 60 covid cases. This summer it has been less than one death per 1000 cases.

I explain it, as the majority of those that were most vulnerable and likely to sadly die did so in the first year. People seem to overlook how brutal it was for most vulnerable. If you survived it in 2020, you’re most likely to survive it full stop. So once all those that were going to die had died, the vaccine made little difference, but we can never know for sure, but we’ll let them spin it as a success. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I explain it, as the majority of those that were most vulnerable and likely to sadly die did so in the first year. People seem to overlook how brutal it was for most vulnerable. If you survived it in 2020, you’re most likely to survive it full stop. So once all those that were going to die had died, the vaccine made little difference, but we can never know for sure, but we’ll let them spin it as a success. 

whoops GIF

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Yes.

Or we could just carry on with you seeing only a conspiracy theorist and me seeing only a sheep ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep and how quickly did long covid data appear , lots of viruses take a toll on people for a while after main recovery , my wife had glandular fever as a youngster and  it zapped her for quite some time after recovery from main symptoms but she was right as rain after perhaps a year and been right as rain since ,

we had long covid scare tactics within a very very short period of the virus appearing on the scene with talk of people being debilitated for the rest of they’re lives and never being the same again ,,, 

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Oh come on you know there will be an answer for why the vaccinated are catching and spreading it ?

I get called a conspiracy theorist,, well I can tell people I tend to switch off if everything you receive and are told is totally positive ( official line ) or totally negative ( full on conspiracy theorists / antivaxxers) 

Just now, Archied said:

Oh come on you know there will be an answer for why the vaccinated are catching and spreading it ?

I get called a conspiracy theorist,, well I can tell people I tend to switch off if everything you receive and are told is totally positive ( official line ) or totally negative ( full on conspiracy theorists / antivaxxers) 

Do you actually have a scientific background or know anything complicated about how vaccines work?

My Mrs had Covid, with quite severe symptoms (28, fit and healthy- not bragging but...)having not had her first jab (was due to have it two days after testing positive), I had already had two jabs months before.  I literally could not have been closer to the disease and did not distance from her at all the entire time. I did tests every day and did not catch Covid. 

Proof to me, if proof be needed that the vaccine works. 

I love a conspiracy as much as David Icke does but honestly, vaccine deniers... you're just wrong. This ducking sheeple thing is ducking boring as well.

Edited by JoetheRam

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

My Mrs had Covid, with quite severe symptoms (28, fit and healthy- not bragging but...)having not had her first jab (was due to have it two days after testing positive), I had already had two jabs months before.  I literally could not have been closer to the disease and did not distance from her at all the entire time. I did tests every day and did not catch Covid. 

Proof to me, if proof be needed that the vaccine works. 

I love a conspiracy as much as David Icke does but honestly, vaccine deniers... you're just wrong. 

My wife caught covid , fairly ill , not a single person in our household caught it , we tested too 

proof positive that you don’t need vaccine ? I don’t think it particularly proves you don’t 

anybody with any experience around this virus ( that I know ) finds the same thing ,ie there’s no rhyme or reason to catching or not catching it from being in situation s you would very much expect to catch it??‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Archied said:

My wife caught covid , fairly ill , not a single person in our household caught it , we tested too 

proof positive that you don’t need vaccine ? I don’t think it particularly proves you don’t 

anybody with any experience around this virus ( that I know ) finds the same thing ,ie there’s no rhyme or reason to catching or not catching it from being in situation s you would very much expect to catch it??‍♂️

I don't think science is on your side tbh Archied but not sure you believe in science anyway so best of luck to you.

12 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I don't think science is on your side tbh Archied but not sure you believe in science anyway so best of luck to you.

Ok explain why it s different ? We were both in the same scenario, neither of us caught it ( my kids neither) you were vaccinated Myself and our children not vaccinated ( at that point ) , please explain the science 

The throw away not sure I believe in science is just plain daft blanket close down insult ??‍♂️, the cover all we are following the science from government is clearly selective at best so why would I take everything being fed to us as gospel without question?

Edited by Archied

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok explain why it s different ? We were both in the same scenario, neither of us caught it ( my kids neither) you were vaccinated Myself and our children not vaccinated ( at that point ) , please explain the science 

The throw away not sure I believe in science is just plain daft blanket close down insult ??‍♂️, the cover all we are following the science from government is clearly selective at best so why would I take everything being fed to us as gospel without question?

Just because another (I'm presuming) non-scientist can't explain the science behind why you think some of your family didn't catch covid doesn't mean the science is nonsense.

Out of interest have you heard of people being asymptomatic? Possibly having already caught it made catching it again less likely. Lots of possible scenarios. 

As for why would you take things fed to you as gospel, because you aren't educated in the correct areas to make more than suppositions or guesswork. Again what is your scientific background, 'O' level biology?

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just because another (I'm presuming) non-scientist can't explain the science behind why you think some of your family didn't catch covid doesn't mean the science is nonsense.

Out of interest have you heard of people being asymptomatic? Possibly having already caught it made catching it again less likely. Lots of possible scenarios. 

As for why would you take things fed to you as gospel, because you aren't educated in the correct areas to make more than suppositions or guesswork. Again what is your scientific background, 'O' level biology?

I replied to a poster who said he didn’t catch covid from his partner BECAUSE HE WAS VACCINATED, even the official line tells us being vaccinated does not stop you catching and spreading covid 

Again what’s yours or the millions that que for jabs and now boosters ?