Teden Mengi - signed on loan until the end of the season

Arsene Titman

With what Rooney said about only guaranteeing Evans game time in a back 3 then I guess that Mengi is coming in as 3rd choice ahead of Edmundson (who will most likely be injury cover) and will most likely feature when we do line up in a 3-4-3 like we did at bournemouth.

A direct replacement for Evans, and hopefully a step up in quality too, although he is very young so I don't expect him to dominate games like Clarke does.

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

With what Rooney said about only guaranteeing Evans game time in a back 3 then I guess that Mengi is coming in as 3rd choice ahead of Edmundson (who will most likely be injury cover) and will most likely feature when we do line up in a 3-4-3 like we did at bournemouth.

A direct replacement for Evans, and hopefully a step up in quality too, although he is very young so I don't expect him to dominate games like Clarke does.

Rooney said he only wants to bring in people who improve us. I can see him coming in for Wisdom at some point. Wisdom has been good lately but still worries the hell out of me at times! 

Rooney's first ever signing as manager. Ok, it's a loan, but this one will be important for Wayne and I have a good feeling about it.

It would be a bit deflating if Lee Gregory was the first one announced (not against the LG deal, but y'know, 32 year old Championship mainstay or 18 year-old England Youth international, Man U U23 captain and all around highly rated young defender with a cool name?)