Teden Mengi - signed on loan until the end of the season

Arsene Titman

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Only attacking players linked recently have been NML & Niasse who are both on a free so made sense to prioritse defenders who had to be done by 11pm over free agents

Indeed, can’t see us getting either of them two tomorrow. Makes me think there might be a different striker we want, one who’s currently at a club

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, can’t see us getting either of them two tomorrow. Makes me think there might be a different striker we want, one who’s currently at a club

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was Juke at bham. Always linked with him and he’s finally been told he can leave for the right price. 1 mil seems to be the asking price. Whittaker and evans out... juke in ???

13 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Does anyone know whether Mengi and Edmundson are left or right footed?

Mengi is right from looks of his reel. But is comfortable playing anywhere along the back line. Similar to Tomori. 

Mengi gives us the option to play 3 at the back but higher up, with a very quick player as cover Clarke and Wisdom can keep a higher line  a few yards higher compressing the play more in the oppositions half, was unable to have this option with Evans as part of the 3 and although Evans was a composed player the speed as we saw with Temori gets you out of trouble, have to say the Wisdom and Clarke partnership is very good at the moment and they deserve to be first choices.

8 hours ago, Mckram said:

Yeah also means if anything happens to Byrne then Wisdom can slot in at right back and we still have the cover at CB.

I think Kornell Macdonald would be viewed as the best option if Byrne couldn’t play. I know we’ve been bringing him on further forward on the right wing, but I think he’s viewed as a wing back long term, especially with 3 at the back.

22 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I think Kornell Macdonald would be viewed as the best option if Byrne couldn’t play. I know we’ve been bringing him on further forward on the right wing, but I think he’s viewed as a wing back long term, especially with 3 at the back.

Probably with a back 3 yeah, will be interesting to see if Rooney gives him the chance for 90 minutes or in a back 4.

9 hours ago, Srg said:

Not really sure why we need 2 centre backs. No depth whatsoever, but I don’t want to drop Wisdom or Clarke at the moment - it sends a terrible message and they’ve been keeping a lot of clean sheets (admittedly with Bielik in front of them). Cover makes sense, but 2?

Wisdom is out of contract in the summer so if a decent bid came in today we might sell him - you just never know - anyway maybe we are taking a good look at these two potentially for next season as we have no one contracted for next season at centre half 

8 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Does anyone know whether Mengi and Edmundson are left or right footed?

8 hours ago, JAT said:

Mengi is right from looks of his reel. But is comfortable playing anywhere along the back line. Similar to Tomori. 

Edmundson is right footed too

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The oracle that is Rob Dorsett has now confirmed we are likely to get him on loan - thank goodness we have his inside knowledge to keep us informed....

Rob Dorsett, a legend in his own lunchtime.