Teden Mengi - signed on loan until the end of the season

Arsene Titman

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Impossible to judge on clips of the youth team.

No problem bringing in a CB as cover or for the occasional 3 at the back game, but there would be no point upsetting the balance we've got at the minute by bringing someone in as first choice. I'd rather bring this guy in that Jones.

Wisdom has his weaknesses but he's been key in organising the backline recently, and I think people might finally be starting to see that he's actually pretty damn good on the ball. I don't really think we're missing out on much of anything with his & Clarke's partnership despite the occasional lapse in concentration or misjudged header.

Wiz made a number of excellent passes through the lines yesterday. 

Hard to say when the clips are youth teams-  but looks seriously powerful for a young lad , speed and a touch. Love defenders with a gutsy desire to push up. Proof of the pudding will doubtless be revealed. Anyway, at worst he looks like excellent cover and could be something quite a lot better if we get lucky. Nice one Wazzer.  

Is this when we suddenly start believing Daily Fail articles? ? Also completely irrelevant, but could they possible squeeze any more adverts on a page?

On thread, no bloody idea! I literally know nothing about the lad. He looks talented but that reel is pretty threadbare as you'd expect with such a young player. Only observations I can make are that he looks seriously rapid and appears quite fierce - both good traits IMO.

Wazza will be a deal more clued up though so in Wayne we trust I guess. We do know he's the U23s skipper and has played first team football so you'd have to think he's likely to be a good prospect, but I'd imagine he'll be coming in as cover more than as a potential starter. I wonder whether he might also be able to cover at CDM. He certainly looks mobile enough.

Not really sure why we need 2 centre backs. No depth whatsoever, but I don’t want to drop Wisdom or Clarke at the moment - it sends a terrible message and they’ve been keeping a lot of clean sheets (admittedly with Bielik in front of them). Cover makes sense, but 2?

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not really sure why we need 2 centre backs. No depth whatsoever, but I don’t want to drop Wisdom or Clarke at the moment - it sends a terrible message and they’ve been keeping a lot of clean sheets (admittedly with Bielik in front of them). Cover makes sense, but 2?

Makes perfect sense if one or both of them return next season when the rest of our cb's are out of contract

1 minute ago, SFox1993 said:

Makes perfect sense if one or both of them return next season when the rest of our cb's are out of contract

Well yes, but that’s a big if because you’re signing 6 month deals, not 18 month loan deals (which we easily could right now). 

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Played 3 at the back against Bournemouth and QPR though didn’t he, could be that he sees us playing that formation and then it makes sense having 3 of them with 1 cover. 

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

Played 3 at the back against Bournemouth and QPR though didn’t he, could be that he sees us playing that formation and then it makes sense having 3 of them with 1 cover. 

That’s the only sense I’ve seen in it. Makes sense with Bielik dead too. Knight and Shinnie as the two. 

Mengi looks like he has the attributes to play CDM, also can play right across the back 4.

Having 2 cb's coming in certainly means with Bielik out we can go 5 at the back and still have decent cover.

Edmundson replacing Davies & Mengi replacing Evans/MTW?

Personally wouldnt be shocked to see both Mengi & Edmundson back in the summer if they do well here

Edited by DCFC1388

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Good to have these two pretty much through the door already. Hopefully we can get that striker tomorrow too, be interesting to see who it is.

Only attacking players linked recently have been NML & Niasse who are both on a free so made sense to prioritse defenders who had to be done by 11pm over free agents