Lee Buchanan

Ellafella

On 24/01/2021 at 07:45, RamNut said:

he’s the best left back since Chris Powell. 

What I find most hilarious is that someone on here genuinely described Buchanan as non league at best.

A lot of people were unsure when Cocu dropped Lowe for Buchanan at the end of last season but he has been one of our best players so far.

Hope we keep hold of him.

On 22/01/2021 at 07:14, Ellafella said:

'the secret scout...' assuming that's the level of his analysis then I'd be mortified if he isn't an 'out of work scout' because he offers absolutely no insight at all. I could've wrote that without seeing him play a single game. 

A teenage left back breaks into the first team.... what does he need... to fill out physically. I mean, you could literally write that about ANY teenage player nevermind a teenage defender. I don't think it's ever not been said about any player. 

Buchanan is plenty physical for his age and where he is in his development. It's lazy to suggest otherwise. He's still very much learning the left back position after coming through the academy as a centre back. He's a decent enough footballer, not outstanding, and his decision making going forward could be much improved. I find his defensive positioning is far beyond many young full-backs, so he deserves credit there. It's easy to lament young full backs for their defensive positioning, but I'd argue that's Buchanan's strength. 

He's not quite the footballer that Bogle is/was, but he's a much more rounded defender. I doubt many Premier League teams are going to be interested, though, as they look towards the flashy footballers first and then want to develop the fundamentals at a later date.

45 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

'the secret scout...' assuming that's the level of his analysis then I'd be mortified if he isn't an 'out of work scout' because he offers absolutely no insight at all. I could've wrote that without seeing him play a single game. 

A teenage left back breaks into the first team.... what does he need... to fill out physically. I mean, you could literally write that about ANY teenage player nevermind a teenage defender. I don't think it's ever not been said about any player. 

Buchanan is plenty physical for his age and where he is in his development. It's lazy to suggest otherwise. He's still very much learning the left back position after coming through the academy as a centre back. He's a decent enough footballer, not outstanding, and his decision making going forward could be much improved. I find his defensive positioning is far beyond many young full-backs, so he deserves credit there. It's easy to lament young full backs for their defensive positioning, but I'd argue that's Buchanan's strength. 

He's not quite the footballer that Bogle is/was, but he's a much more rounded defender. I doubt many Premier League teams are going to be interested, though, as they look towards the flashy footballers first and then want to develop the fundamentals at a later date.

Yeah you can see he's still not quite comfortable. Which is funny because he's got all the other attributes.

I don't think he's quite realised yet that he's stronger than most opponent's, quicker and better in the air. 

When the penny drop's he'll be a nightmare. If he had Bogle's confidence he'd be unbelievable. 

If he carries on he'll get a move and become a regular England International in a few years. We have an embarrassment of riches at RB & he only needs to be better than shaw, chilwell & trippier playing out of position. I honestly think if he had a season in the prem he wouldn't be far away from the squad. 

He can do everything, good in the air, good at tackling, pace to get forward & can put in a decent cross.

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

If he carries on he'll get a move and become a regular England International in a few years. We have an embarrassment of riches at RB & he only needs to be better than shaw, chilwell & trippier playing out of position. I honestly think if he had a season in the prem he wouldn't be far away from the squad. 

He can do everything, good in the air, good at tackling, pace to get forward & can put in a decent cross.

James Justin, Matt Targett, Sally Marcg, Tyrick Mitchell and Saka probably feel they have a chance of making it into the England team too.

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

He is improving with each game. The one thing I think Forsyth does better than him is deliver the ball early, recently LB has been doing this and got his reward for it yesterday. We have a very good player on our hands. 

Yeah, just gets dragged inside a bit too much, but that’s the centre half in him. Yesterday he came inside to tackle a midfielder and left Hunt loads of space to put in the cross that Djedhiou nearly converted for an equaliser.

This is me nitpicking as a former left back. 

This lad can play. I love his attitude and you’re right, he needs to relax when in crossing positions and focus on clipping the ball in rather than smashing it. If he adds this, he will be the next one on Premier league radars. He’s a better all-round player than Bogle.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

James Justin, Matt Targett, Sally Marcg, Tyrick Mitchell and Saka probably feel they have a chance of making it into the England team too.

Not sure about her chances.

• 1 month later...

Possible Lee could miss a game or two, depending on Euro Under 21 call up. 

Certainly would be tight to play the last group game Wednesday evening, then be ready for a Friday night league match.

Edited by Rev

• 1 month later...