Lee Buchanan

Ellafella

On 29/05/2021 at 13:51, Brailsford Ram said:

I have good reason to believe the West Ham interest is accurate and that Lee has played his last game for Derby, unless he is loaned back to us. It's a shame that we can't retain him for longer but that is the reality of the situation the club finds itself in at the present time.

There was talk of WHam interest in more than one of our youngsters in January. Rooney reverted to Fozzie above Buchanan several times towards the end of the season and lord knows Sibley could hardly buy a start. Would not be surprised to see them both go but Knight a more likely departure imo. There are FFP benefits in selling the youngsters and taking some good loans in. Find the chopping and changing depressing 

Edited by kevinhectoring

• 2 months later...
On 02/06/2021 at 23:19, kevinhectoring said:

There was talk of WHam interest in more than one of our youngsters in January. Rooney reverted to Fozzie above Buchanan several times towards the end of the season and lord knows Sibley could hardly buy a start. Would not be surprised to see them both go but Knight a more likely departure imo. There are FFP benefits in selling the youngsters and taking some good loans in. Find the chopping and changing depressing 

Have a bit of faith 

44 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Have a bit of faith 

My post was ages ago but the lack of club sale means it still holds. I think the plan atm is to sell players at a profit where they can, and re-invest in loan fees. Makes sense for FFP but it’s no way to build a squad. Looks like Marshall will go and still possible Knight or Buchanan could. There’s been talk of Knight going for 5m which - so long as Shinnie is fit - is a no brainer. What’s sad is to see the best youngsters who have not yet much featured (eg Gordon) sold for change. What a shame 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

My post was ages ago but the lack of club sale means it still holds. I think the plan atm is to sell players at a profit where they can, and re-invest in loan fees. Makes sense for FFP but it’s no way to build a squad. Looks like Marshall will go and still possible Knight or Buchanan could. There’s been talk of Knight going for 5m which - so long as Shinnie is fit - is a no brainer. What’s sad is to see the best youngsters who have not yet much featured (eg Gordon) sold for change. What a shame 

Yes it is a shame ...agreed . We are where we are and have to cut our cloth accordingly. Hopefully the youngsters will keep coming through , we have to weather the storm and find a way through to the other side. It will come to pass ! .......Just call me Wiggy the Soothsayer