Lee Buchanan

Ellafella

I thought he was 5’ 10”?

He still has occasional lapses in judgment but I really rate him. As the ‘Scout’ says he has an excellent attitude.

If we could get bodies in the box earlier, encouraging him to cross first time, he would be a powerful attacking force. Too often he has to wait for support.

Still young and hopefully part of our future.

22 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I thought he was 5’ 10”?

He still has occasional lapses in judgment but I really rate him. As the ‘Scout’ says he has an excellent attitude.

If we could get bodies in the box earlier, encouraging him to cross first time, he would be a powerful attacking force. Too often he has to wait for support.

Still young and hopefully part of our future.

Yes indeed. I think he is a huge talent. He has a great low centre of gravity and a beautiful “golf swing” of a left foot; and a hugely powerful shot on him. He’s been desperately unlucky not to score goals - that pile-driver cleared off the line v B’mouth away (?) when the defender seemed to “lose consciousness”. His one-on-one the other night was probably the goalkeeper making a good save rather than poor finishing. It’s a very good point you make @Anag Ramabout attacking in isolation - quite often we get down the flank only for the box to be white-shirt less. Wazza will be working on that.

LB is also noticeably good in the air and leaps very well. He also is very supplie and athletic and needs to guard against losing that in favour of more muscle. 

Ive always been a huge fan of Fozzy at LB who I think is the consummate professional and long may he continue. That said, I’m becoming also a huge fan of LB who is turning in to quite a superb footballer. 

*Buchanan

I don't tend to take this secret scout fella seriously. In the Lampard season they felt he could make the step up to the first team the following season. To most watching the U23s, that has never been a  realistic possibility. Then here they say Buchanan's main flaw is his physicality. For the record, he's won the 2nd most aerial battles in the league despite only playing in 15 of our 24 games so far. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

*Buchanan

I don't tend to take this secret scout fella seriously. In the Lampard season they felt he could make the step up to the first team the following season. To most watching the U23s, that has never been a  realistic possibility. Then here they say Buchanan's main flaw is his physicality. For the record, he's won the 2nd most aerial battles in the league despite only playing in 15 of our 24 games so far. 

Same thing bothered me. Someone claiming physicality being his weakness hasn't seen him play. I guess it's the stereotype answer: Will Hughes is so technical so can't be good at tackling. Buchanan is so young as a defender therefore needs to build some muscle. Both cases couldn't be further from the truth.

Hopefully Lee can quickly attract some PL team to invest in him. We need to make room for Brown!

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Yes, seems the love in for Max Lowe didn’t last too long, LB will be a much better player....

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

*Buchanan

Wasn’t his last pick Ethan Wassall?

Buchanan is going to be some player if he keeps improving , Lowe or Bogle are nowhere near him even at this early stage of his career

I beleive Buchanan can go to the very top and i mean the top 6 in the prem thats how highly i rate him

he makes errors because he's so young but He's the real deal IMO , pacey,fantastic left foot and bags of energy and good in the air.

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, seems the love in for Max Lowe didn’t last too long, LB will be a much better player....

He’s already ahead of where Max Lowe was at his age. Max was a good all round player but his positional sense was always a major flaw and didnt improve enough for me.

Buchanan has much better positional sense, he has the occasional lapse but that is down to lack of experience not knowledge.

He has the ability to go on and make a good Prem level career for himself.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Same thing bothered me. Someone claiming physicality being his weakness hasn't seen him play. I guess it's the stereotype answer: Will Hughes is so technical so can't be good at tackling. Buchanan is so young as a defender therefore needs to build some muscle. Both cases couldn't be further from the truth.

Hopefully Lee can quickly attract some PL team to invest in him. We need to make room for Brown!

Archie to come in to the squad as Fozzy's time at the club comes to an end. Then we sell Buchanan for big money just as Archie is ready to be first choice and the next youngster is ready to step up as backup.

32 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Wasn’t his last pick Ethan Wassall?

That's who I was referring to in my post... just that I forgot to put his name in my post ?‍♂️

I really like Buchanan especially in the formation we played vs Bournemouth. I mentioned in the match day thread that he does seem to be one of those players that needs a couple of games for his full game to click. When he first came into the team you’d would see real see-saw performances from treading on the ball one minute to whipping in a peach of a cross the next but he also seems one of those players always in the thick of it. I think he has come back in this time and it’s been a bit similar, but as the game grew on on Tuesday he got better and better. Funnily enough this is the complete opposite to Fozzy. He falls out of favour then comes back in and will be brilliant but after a run of 3 or 4 games mistakes creep into his game and cry’s of his knees are shot, he’s had his time, get rid and move on begin to appear on here.