21/22 Season Tickets

Keepyuppy

I also renewed early pre-lockdown. I got my 10%  refund, a full season of free Rams TV, and now I am getting a whole other free season watching my team live from my chosen seat.

I suspect that my ticket might have been a little bit cheaper to buy new as I sit in one of the more expensive areas of the stadium but I haven't given it a thought.

I suspect others might be sitting in seats which would be slightly dearer to buy new so there will be gainers and losers as the club has simplified the pricing structure considerably.

I don't mind because I think they've been brilliant in terms of sticking with the loyal supporters when they are desperate for revenue.

(As a comparison, Derbyshire Cricket club charged members 50% for a season ticket this year, despite having paid a full membership last year and not seeing a ball bowled live.) 

22 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've always been a moaner.  It's in my nature.  My posting history is littered with comments slagging off Mel, the players, manager(s), the club itself, and most of all, my fellow fans.

If it's moaning for moaning's sake you're targeting, then you have picked the right poster to point and laugh at.  Laugh away.  

And that coming from a usually positive guy in general, and particularly so where The Rams are concerned. 

Is there more than one of you @Mucker1884?

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

My ticket would be more now than when I paid, and my lad has moved upto full adult with no extra charge.

It would have been easier all round to delay the new pricing until next season.

I have to agree. It’s all very well saying there are winners and losers but £100 is a lot of money. Why couldn’t they make these pricing changes next season - it would have been a lot fairer and they would have been able to honour all tickets sold, which they aren’t doing. The complete lack of honest communication only exacerbates things. 

38 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I didnt pay any attention to the new pricing structure, I just checked it had auto-renewed but with the price i paid for 20/21 compared the the price this season it looks like I am due a refund surely with the price now being lower.

I doubt it very much. I renewed last September and haven’t got a clue if my seat is in a cheaper or more expensive category. I didn’t check and have no intention of doing so.

For those who renewed for 20/21 and are now receiving a "free" 21/22 season ticket but moaning about the price, don't forget you have also had the Huddersfield, Boro and Florist tickets as well as a whole season of free Rams TV coverage. I think the club has been more than fair at a time when it is clearly struggling financially.

I look at it as "Was I happy to pay the price I did for my 20/21 season ticket", along with "would I have renewed if the price of my season ticket was the same or slightly more this season".

The answer to both of those, for me, would have been yes. I'm happy for the people that are getting it cheaper this season. Hopefully it will encourage the crowds back!

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I doubt it very much. I renewed last September and haven’t got a clue if my seat is in a cheaper or more expensive category. I didn’t check and have no intention of doing so.

The price on the website is for the remaining 20 home matches I think. So it will be lower. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I would normally be the same but ive had to pay the extra for my son to keep coming with me so have fell foul to the price increase in one age bracket so im almost double out of pocket due to the price changes.

I understand the point of we got 'free rams tv' last year but its not 'free' if ive ended up paying for it

My season ticket "last" season was £525. East Stand Upper. I paid by instalments, a total of £411 before they stopped taking them.

I got RamsTV free for all home games last season,  have had Huddersfield, Boro and Forest tickets for free, and will have my seat for the remaining 20 games.

Seems like a good deal to me. 

Edited by DenbyRam

My brother in law travels from Huddersfield on match days but, for a number of reasons, he has decided not to renew his season ticket for 2021/22. Having searched through all the pages on here and all the FAQs on the website, I can’t see any reference regards being able to get a refund for last season. He has emailed the club and they have refused a refund saying that he has missed the deadline for applying for a refund and that supporters were emailed giving a now expired deadline for requesting the refund. I have found an email from 22nd April but that just offers credit that can be used towards a 21/22 season ticket or home match tickets. I may have had the email the club are referring him to but I am renewing so may well have deleted it.

Hopefully there is someone on this forum who isn’t renewing and can advise the situation regarding getting a refund for last season. Also, can the club legally refuse a refund to my brother in law as they failed to provide the goods/services he paid for?

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

For those who renewed for 20/21 and are now receiving a "free" 21/22 season ticket but moaning about the price, don't forget you have also had the Huddersfield, Boro and Florist tickets as well as a whole season of free Rams TV coverage. I think the club has been more than fair at a time when it is clearly struggling financially.

Think you are missing the point here. Some of us who left our money in the club especially to help it during the time it was struggling the most have ended up paying more than those who simply got a refund. £100 more (after taking tickets for the first 3 games into account) might not be much to some of you, apparently, but it certainly is to me! 

Another poster (sorry - don’t know how to multi-quote) has said that if I was happy to pay it then, then why not now. In answer to that I have also had the Rams Squad ‘free’ ticket removed and so have to find another £90 odd quid on top. What I find annoying is that I still haven’t actually officially been told that this is what the club was doing/ has done, it has been reading other posters on here, who got told by someone who works in the club, who have given me this information. Would an email have been too hard to send explaining this? I even queried it a few weeks ago and was told that the ticket would be valid, which is obviously not the case. 

I apologise to those of you who think that I should be happily donating all of this money to the club but I just think that leaving things as they were when 8000 tickets had already been sold would have been fairer to all and would have allowed the club honour all tickets sold. 

Fairness and honest communication shouldn’t be too much to ask. 

Renewed my season ticket last season, which was partially paid for with the refund from the previous season. At the time of purchase I was 64 so paid the standard full adult rate. I'm now 65 meaning I now qualify for the reduced senior rate. Not had any communication with the club about a possible rebate but I won't be annoyed if I end-up paying the full amount this season. I'll think of it as my little bit of help towards the clubs finances.