21/22 Season Tickets

Keepyuppy

I’ve renewed today but it was £50 less to move to the North Stand from the South West Upper. That wasn’t the only reason though as I have also got a free season ticket for my 5 year old grandson so he can come if he wants.

I did wrestle with the idea of not renewing thinking it’ll be a long season  with not to much to cheer about.

But I think it’s going to be one to remember which ever way it goes and I would have hated to miss it.

I have taken up the offer of my old seat reservation in the Gordon Guthrie for Forest and Boro so I’ll be able to swear with impunity.

3 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

I’ve renewed today but it was £50 less to move to the North Stand from the South West Upper. That wasn’t the only reason though as I have also got a free season ticket for my 5 year old grandson so he can come if he wants.

I did wrestle with the idea of not renewing thinking it’ll be a long season  with not to much to cheer about.

But I think it’s going to be one to remember which ever way it goes and I would have hated to miss it.

I have taken up the offer of my old seat reservation in the Gordon Guthrie for Forest and Boro so I’ll be able to swear with impunity.

How were you able to relocate? I dont have that as an option when i click renewal

A couple from the group of us that sit together aren't renewing so we want to relocate a couple of seats to ensure we are all sat in a block of 6. I've e-mailed the ticket office and thus far had no response

If we are unable to relocate we will end up with a 10 year old sat on a row on his own and the possibility that anyone could buy the seat in the middle of us. 

My 15 year old wants to go in the South stand with his mates but it seems none are on sale there (last I looked)

@Steve Buckley’s Dog. What is the position with your Rams Squad? My 2 are showing as £100 for my 10 year old and £80 for my 11 year old.

All makes complete sense!!!

20 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Am I right in thinking if I purchased for 20/21 the renewal is automatic? 

I seem to already have the tickets if that makes sense? In which case do I assume a new card is on the way? 

That's how it seems to be, so yes to all. 

I and others on here are seeing the same, assuming the same, and expecting the same.   

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Am I right in thinking if I purchased for 20/21 the renewal is automatic? 

I seem to already have the tickets if that makes sense? In which case do I assume a new card is on the way? 

You will still have to print off individual tickets throughout September currently according to the FAQ, but yes you have automatically been given a 21/22 season ticket if you purchased the 20/21 season ticket and didn't ask for a refund.

On another note, one thing I am curious about is people (like myself), who paid for the 20/21 season ticket in installments. I believe I still had one or two installments to go to complete payment for the 20/21 season ticket when they cancelled the direct debit.

Assuming they're now not going to come out and ask us to recommence paying it, as this season ticket is classed as 'complementary' (which is probably how they're getting round the people complaining about paying more than they would have done if buying a new season ticket in the new seat category plan?

6 hours ago, Saul said:

A couple from the group of us that sit together aren't renewing so we want to relocate a couple of seats to ensure we are all sat in a block of 6. I've e-mailed the ticket office and thus far had no response

If we are unable to relocate we will end up with a 10 year old sat on a row on his own and the possibility that anyone could buy the seat in the middle of us. 

My 15 year old wants to go in the South stand with his mates but it seems none are on sale there (last I looked)

@Steve Buckley’s Dog. What is the position with your Rams Squad? My 2 are showing as £100 for my 10 year old and £80 for my 11 year old.

All makes complete sense!!!

It is showing £92 for my lad. I am awaiting a response to my email before renewing though for the points I have previously raised along with one or two others. Perhaps the difference in price is due to the years they have held a season ticket?  When I looked at it, it said full details had been explained in an email although i haven’t had an email or correspondence of any kind to explain all this. I think your issues could all be resolved by an actual person but I am not sure the club are bothering employing any of these yet. 

Advice please. My brother in law isn’t renewing and the club won’t give him a refund for last season, saying he missed the deadline for applying for one. Was there a deadline? Also, deadline or not , can the club refuse a refund, bearing in mind they didn’t supply the goods/services which he paid for?

1 minute ago, Arsene Titman said:

Advice please. My brother in law isn’t renewing and the club won’t give him a refund for last season, saying he missed the deadline for applying for one. Was there a deadline? Also, deadline or not , can the club refuse a refund, bearing in mind they didn’t supply the goods/services which he paid for?

Yes there was definitely a deadline (but no idea on the details, as it didn't affect me, and is no doubt more than a 5 minute job to trawl back to find the relative info!).

No idea on the law, but it seems DCFC are offering to provide the goods, as per their promise?  It's there if he wants it.  

Even in normal times, I'm pretty sure you can't hand your season ticket back for a refund once the season has started.  

Could be wrong.  It happens!  ?‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I think there was a deadline if memory serves. Didn’t pay much attention though as was always going to carry it forward. As for legally whether the club can refuse a refund I am not sure - I think it would be too late as the season has already started and a ticket was offered without charge for the Huddersfield game. Whether he would have an argument for a partial refund as the club are now providing the same ’service’ or ‘goods’ for less money than they might have charged him I am not sure. Let’s face it no one would want to take legal proceedings against the club as they probably have enough legal bills to pay as it is but maybe once actual people are working on the ticket office there might be a resolution. I do think it is far too late to request a full refund though. Don’t know if that helps or not. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think there was a deadline if memory serves. Didn’t pay much attention though as was always going to carry it forward. As for legally whether the club can refuse a refund I am not sure - I think it would be too late as the season has already started and a ticket was offered without charge for the Huddersfield game. Whether he would have an argument for a partial refund as the club are now providing the same ’service’ or ‘goods’ for less money than they might have charged him I am not sure. Let’s face it no one would want to take legal proceedings against the club as they probably have enough legal bills to pay as it is but maybe once actual people are working on the ticket office there might be a resolution. I do think it is far too late to request a full refund though. Don’t know if that helps or not. 

Cheers SBD (and M1884). Like you, I am renewing so would likely have deleted any email re refunds. If it was me, I would “escalate” (as  they say now) the matter up the chain at DCFC but it’s up to the brother in law.

5 hours ago, DJAY said:

On another note, one thing I am curious about is people (like myself), who paid for the 20/21 season ticket in installments. I believe I still had one or two installments to go to complete payment for the 20/21 season ticket when they cancelled the direct debit.

Assuming they're now not going to come out and ask us to recommence paying it, as this season ticket is classed as 'complementary' (which is probably how they're getting round the people complaining about paying more than they would have done if buying a new season ticket in the new seat category plan?

I’m in the same boat, I emailed the ticket office and asked the question. From the reply I got I’m of the understanding even though payments stopped in Jan (I think or maybe Feb) we are now classed as fully paid 20/21 season ticket holders, hence the complimentary tickets so far and the New season ticket on its way (until it comes we print the complimentary ones). 

25 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’m in the same boat, I emailed the ticket office and asked the question. From the reply I got I’m of the understanding even though payments stopped in Jan (I think or maybe Feb) we are now classed as fully paid 20/21 season ticket holders, hence the complimentary tickets so far and the New season ticket on its way (until it comes we print the complimentary ones). 

I have to say, seeming as the club is supposedly short of money, this and other business decisions they are making regarding ticketing don’t make any sense at all. Also a further kick  in the teeth to this of us who renewed early in full and left our money in the club. 

On a further note - well done for getting a reply from the ticket office - how long did they take to get back to you as a matter of interest? 

9 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I have to say, seeming as the club is supposedly short of money, this and other business decisions they are making regarding ticketing don’t make any sense at all. Also a further kick  in the teeth to this of us who renewed early in full and left our money in the club. 

On a further note - well done for getting a reply from the ticket office - how long did they take to get back to you as a matter of interest? 

I agree with you and I’m happy to pay the last instalment (or 2 honestly I’m not sure how short they cut it as it just comes out the bank). I think we’re all in the same boat though, we paid our money in without getting anything back last year. 

They were really good and got back to me in 5 working days, twice actually as I asked a question for my Dad as well about his ticket. 

16 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

I have a mate in a similar boat and TO told him the deadline was in October.