21/22 Season Tickets

Keepyuppy

I'm sure it wont be too long before next seasons Season Ticket promotion is in the planning, so I thought I'd just note a few issues down that will/might have an impact on how the club wish to launch/market/price them.

1 What Division we are in

2 Who our Manager is

3 Will there be any Safe Standing Area's

4 When/ if we are allowed back in to watch games

5 What will our recruitment/squad strategy be

6 Cost - Given that matches have been allowed to be purchased at £10 per game on rams tv, if that is to continue as an option, does that automatically price Season Tickets at £230 or what should the price point be for online viewing versus a proper attending Season Ticket versus the 'market fairness' in relation to other online tv viewing opportunities like IPTV etc

I have no inside knowledge or particular opinion, I'm merely asking the question ?

Maybe im jumping the gun somewhat 

Edited by uttoxram75
Date

12 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

I'm sure it wont be too long before next seasons Season Ticket promotion is in the planning, so I thought I'd just note a few issues down that will/might have an impact on how the club wish to launch/market/price them.

1 What Division we are in

2 Who our Manager is

3 Will there be any Safe Standing Area's

4 When/ if we are allowed back in to watch games

5 What will our recruitment/squad strategy be

6 Cost - Given that matches have been allowed to be purchased at £10 per game on rams tv, if that is to continue as an option, does that automatically price Season Tickets at £230 or what should the price point be for online viewing versus a proper attending Season Ticket versus the 'market fairness' in relation to other online tv viewing opportunities like IPTV etc

I have no inside knowledge or particular opinion, I'm merely asking the question ?

Maybe im jumping the gun somewhat 

You are jumping the gun and, by and large, stating the obvious but, none the less issues the club will need to be wrestling with before too long.

The one thing I think is definitely not on the agenda for next season is safe standing areas. I would say there is zero chance of that happening. I’m sure it’s slipped well down the agenda.

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

How about transferring this seasons ticket to next seasons if you have purchased one.

Season ticket?  That's already the plan.

Any games missed this season (likely looking like all of them!) will be auto transferred (pro-rata, in theory) to 21/22.

Assuming we are not allowed in at all this season, then the cost of my 21/22 ticket is already covered in full.  

*I guess there will be the option of a refund for those not wishing to continue as a season ticket holder for 21/22, but that's not something I'm currently considering, so it shouldn't affect me.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Season ticket?  That's already the plan.

Any games missed this season (likely looking like all of them!) will be auto transferred (pro-rata, in theory) to 21/22.

Assuming we are not allowed in at all this season, then the cost of my 21/22 ticket is already covered in full.  

*I guess there will be the option of a refund for those not wishing to continue as a season ticket holder for 21/22, but that's not something I'm currently considering, so it shouldn't affect me.

The option of a refund is not an option. I was told that in my email correspondence with the ticket office. They said they can't take into account changes in individual circumstances. Ours/mine have changed and as such we won't renew. Was hoping for a bit of leeway but I guess that the club are knackered financially so can't afford refunds. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

New owners agree with that?

That's a very good point.

However, that was the agreement between customer and "The Club", at the time of the transaction.  The gullible amongst us could only imagine that the new owners would continue with whatever "The Club" has already agreed to, and/or sanctioned.

If not... imagine this scenario:

New owners take over on 20th Jan.
Pride Park Stadium is fully opened to all fans on 28th Feb.
New owners refuse to honour current 20/21 Season tickets purchased when Mel was still in charge, and expect everyone to purchase individual match tickets...

Queue forms, to kick down the glass frontage... 

2 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

The option of a refund is not an option. I was told that in my email correspondence with the ticket office. They said they can't take into account changes in individual circumstances. Ours/mine have changed and as such we won't renew. Was hoping for a bit of leeway but I guess that the club are knackered financially so can't afford refunds. 

Have to take your word for that.  I've not looked into anything to do with refunds, so no idea.  ?

This is quite a personal one.

This season my lad was an under 22 young adult, next season he'll be a full blown adult.

Paid in full in advance of this season starting, before they stopped selling season tickets for a brief time.

Do you think they'll ask for the price difference to be made up, or honour the price paid a season later than planned?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have to take your word for that.  I've not looked into anything to do with refunds, so no idea.  ?

It wasn't our intention. We'd asked for discount in May or whenever. However, my other half has a small business which is on it's knees at the moment and so there's no chance of us having the spare cash for season tickets for the foreseeable future. I asked if there was an option to change and as I said earlier, was given a definite No. Bit dissapointed with the response but if the club is skint I can see why they won't go down this route. 

I suppose my main 'personal' position as a current Season Ticket Holder (40yrs now) is, if you can have a seadons online viewing for £10 a game, £230 for season, why should a 'proper' Season Ticket be any more than £230 ? Especially when 'multiples' can watch the game at home on one purchase pass? ?

I still renew regardless of any outcome, because it's what I do. ?

Edited by Keepyuppy
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

I suppose my main 'personal' position as a current Season Ticket Holder (40yrs now) is, if you can have a seadons online viewing for £10 a game, £230 for season, why should a 'proper' Season Ticket be any more than £230 ? Especially when 'multiples' can watch the game at home on one purchase pass? ?

I still renew regardless of any outcome, because it's what I do. ?

Because you can only watch the games for £230 because crowds are not allowed? 

You couldn't access this deal legally before Covid-19, and I'd guess you won't after.

Would it make it better if RamsTv cost the same as your season ticket?

8 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

It wasn't our intention. We'd asked for discount in May or whenever. However, my other half has a small business which is on it's knees at the moment and so there's no chance of us having the spare cash for season tickets for the foreseeable future. I asked if there was an option to change and as I said earlier, was given a definite No. Bit dissapointed with the response but if the club is skint I can see why they won't go down this route. 

So you currently have the 20/21 season tickets?  All paid for?

If so, and we don't get to see any games this season, they will automatically roll over, so no more actual expense for your 21/22 tickets.

Appreciate that doesn't account for "other match day spends", and that a refund may still be preferable to you.

Anyway... Hope things pick up for you both, sooner rather than later.  

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Because you can only watch the games for £230 because crowds are not allowed? 

You couldn't access this deal legally before Covid-19, and I'd guess you won't after.

Would it make it better if RamsTv cost the same as your season ticket?

Agreed.

I think the £10 games (and/or free to Season ticket holders) are a special dispensation from EFL/TV companies (Sky!) purely due to Covid, and non-attendance.  Usual contractual restrictions will return, once stadiums are opened up to us all again.