Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

Day

On 01/03/2021 at 18:34, Ellafella said:

I disagree @Anag Ram. Some of his work on the football field reminds me of the great Charlie George. Passes with the outside of his foot, rocket-shots, headed goals, movement, work, assists, the harrying of defenders. I would say he isn't at all "limited" in the way you describe. 

pretty sure he has only scored one header, and he certainly offers no movement

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

The lack of movement is certainly down to injury. He's a decently skilled player who isn't as a goal-scorer by 'nature'.

agree he isn't a natural goal scorer but he hasn't really had much movement since joining the club. 

In the wash up of this excremental season, he'll have been found to have played an important part. As others have pointed out, he doesn't look fit. But set against our other forward players, he remains the most important and most likely to do something useful. 

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

He's 34 and 6ft 1 do what do you expect with his movement? When you play a big men like that you need runners around him which we don't have.

Knight. Maybe even with a bit of coaching Shinnie. 

Not only player of the season for me but my favourite player since Johnny Russell

Has put up with absolute turgid abuse from so called fans this year and has stood up to be counted,never shyed away,that image at Millwall away is so powerful. 

We may have been crap as a club this year,but this guy was a revelation ,wish I had had faith in his signing sooner

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Big man for CKR from me for his efforts this season. Playing with painkilling injections carrying injury and teams realising he is our main striker made him tail off but the heart he's given this season deserves recognition.

Him for a while... waggy after he shattered that post and Curtis coming out of absolutely nowhere to lead the defence. All 3 deserve credit. Playing football is their job at the end of the day but these 3 shone above the rest today. Genuinely meant the world to me seeing what it meant for these guys today. Bring on next season ?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Read it where and why is it ridiculous?

He’d create more goals by dropping deep and linking things up (3rd goal Saturday, Waghorn v Huddersfield a couple of examples), than he would by lingering in the box, in my opinion. 

Of course a combination of the two would be great. He’s getting on though and so maybe isn’t mobile enough to do that. Bringing Lawrence, Waghorn, Sibley, Jozwiak, Roberts into the game would be better for the whole team.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, YouRams said:

He’s looking in great shape and been back at it with a PT since mid June going off his social media account, big season needed from the big man! 

I know you are not supposed to be able to teach an old dog new tricks, but if Rooney can work on CKR’s weaknesses just 10-20% then he will me a more than useful player next season.