Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

Day

On 28/02/2021 at 12:19, cannable said:

I seem to frequently walk around my house these days singing “duh duh duhhh, Colin Kazim-Richards” to the tune of ‘come and do the kings’.

I also found myself on Friday singing Kazim, Kazim, Kaziiiiiim to the tune of Jolene ?

I need to get out of the house 

With handsomeness beyond compare
His tight-knit locks of sable hair
With tattooed skin and eyes with joyous sheen

His smile is like a breath of spring
His whoop does screech like stormy rain
And we cannot compete with him
Colin.

He scores against you in his sleep
And there's nothing we can do to keep
From smilin' when Wayne calls his name
Colin

And we can easily understand
How you could easily take our man
But you don't know what he means to us
Colin

Colin, Colin, Colin, Coleeeee-in
I'm begging of you please don't take our man
Please don't take him just because you can

... Whoop!  

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Now I don't want to wee on anyone's fireworks but let's face it, CKR is a pretty limited footballer. Sure he holds the ball up well and his attitude is terrific but as a striker he is slow, not great at heading for goal and is often subdued by good defending. 

Had that ball not been blasted into his chest against Forest, we would be talking about a second successive disappointing game by him. 

The dreadful dearth of centre forwards at the club has elevated him to folk hero status. 

He leads the line well and is great to have 'in the trenches' but we will need better to launch a challenge next season. 

I think he is a better footballer than you are giving him credit for. His highlight reel from his Brazil and Mexico period show that he is a well rounded centre forward with good strength and solid control. He also managed to fire in a few thunderbolts in his time in those leagues.

Now I'm not saying that competitively all the opponents he played against were at a good level, but there are some outstanding clubs over that way and he had to adapt his game to the style of those leagues. He's come back to the UK a totally different player to the one a lot of people are trying to remember from his younger days.

He doesn't need pace with his positioning, but he isn't particularly slow anyway, he tends to use his energy wisely over 90 minutes.

His heading has been alright so far. With more service from wide areas I'm sure we'd see more of this.

I think the thing holding him back more at the moment is his team mates not getting closer to him when he is used to hold up the ball. He has linked up well with Gregory and his through ball for Waggy shows his eye for a forward pass.

I'm sure we might being in "better" next season, but I'm confident we can get more from Colin and that he will give more to the team until he can't any more.

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Now I don't want to wee on anyone's fireworks but let's face it, CKR is a pretty limited footballer. Sure he holds the ball up well and his attitude is terrific but as a striker he is slow, not great at heading for goal and is often subdued by good defending. 

Had that ball not been blasted into his chest against Forest, we would be talking about a second successive disappointing game by him. 

The dreadful dearth of centre forwards at the club has elevated him to folk hero status. 

He leads the line well and is great to have 'in the trenches' but we will need better to launch a challenge next season. 

I disagree @Anag Ram. Some of his work on the football field reminds me of the great Charlie George. Passes with the outside of his foot, rocket-shots, headed goals, movement, work, assists, the harrying of defenders. I would say he isn't at all "limited" in the way you describe. 

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Colin.

Colin

Colin

... Whoop!  

Written and composed by Dolly Mucker. He works from 9 to 5 past.

19 hours ago, Red_ram said:

Reading up on him the last few days, the 24 year old Colin doesn’t seem half the man or player we have on our hands now. From spats and homophobic controversies and being a bit part player, he seems to have really matured to be a fantastic influence on and off the pitch. So all in all, I think we’re actually getting his prime, just a late one. I get the sentiment of longevity, but hopefully a lot to offer still on the next 18 months.

I think this is probably the case. He's travelled far and wide and had ups and downs and grown from it. The man he is now may not be who he was ten years ago, but's probably the case for most of us.

It's also he's been here just when we needed someone to step up and offer something as a kind of leader amongst the squad/team and he's been able to do that. Had he come in a year earlier he'd probably have hardly played and been written off by fans, had he been needing a club this summer coming, would he be on Wayne's radar? Just seems to be the fates have sent us him at this time when he can help us.

On 01/03/2021 at 14:27, Mucker1884 said:

Colin.

Colin

Colin

... Whoop!  

Unfortunately I can't use the love, laugh, clap and the Ram emojis at the same time.....this is brilliant ????

• 2 months later...

Anyone else think CKR is surprisingly poor at heading given his attributes? Not just attacking but also from long balls. He's only scored 1 and has missed a lot of headed opportunities this season. Weirdly, I actually think Lawrence is more of a threat from them.

I'm saying all this to hopefully set him up to score a 20 yard diving header on Saturday...

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

Anyone else think CKR is surprisingly poor at heading given his attributes? Not just attacking but also from long balls. He's only scored 1 and has missed a lot of headed opportunities this season. Weirdly, I actually think Lawrence is more of a threat from them.

I'm saying all this to hopefully set him up to score a 20 yard diving header on Saturday...

that might just win him P.O.T.S?