Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

6 hours ago, R@M said:

That is how I read it, but I think there is the potential for a further 5 points based on how much we pay him and how much the total transfer fee is? (Based on percentiles of average premier league transfers and wages) I think if we shell out 5 million it is worth 3 points....possibly!

Nothing in the document about how much a player is paid equating to points.

On 30/12/2020 at 11:05, CornwallRam said:

I just don't get this. Everything suggests that he's about to join us. His social media stuff shows a player trying to smooth his way into his new club. The club appear to be briefing the local journalist that he's still a target. In normal circumstances I'd say that it's 99% that he's about to sign.

But I'm 100% certain that he isn't eligible to sign. So what's going on? Have we found a ground breaking (selling?) loophole? I'm confused.

Mel's probably sold him the stadium ? creating a loophole that he is allegable to sign ,fly into the country and bang in a couple of goals in time for saturday

On 30/12/2020 at 13:19, DCFC1388 said:

What makes you say he was a Cocu target? How do you know? 

From his own social media activity and our own local press he quite clearly is still on our radar.

As for a one season wonder, at Darmstadt he has scored 40 in 86 games, not sure what people would class that as a 1 season wonder.

Most of those goals came from last season and only 10 from this season counting the cup game. His early career is not as good and barring last season and his good start this season, goals were not in abundance. I feel the standard of the German second division is not as good as our Championship. Would he adapt ? and at 29yrs old if he did come good it would only be a short term fix for us because of his age. He was mentioned in a few interviews by Cocu when asked about him. The social media comments have never been confirmed to be his. Its even been stated, it could be his girlfriend or an unknown troll.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Most of those goals came from last season and only 10 from this season counting the cup game. His early career is not as good and barring last season and his good start this season, goals were not in abundance. I feel the standard of the German second division is not as good as our Championship. Would he adapt ? and at 29yrs old if he did come good it would only be a short term fix for us because of his age. He was mentioned in a few interviews by Cocu when asked about him. The social media comments have never been confirmed to be his. Its even been stated, it could be his girlfriend or an unknown troll.

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

3 hours ago, plymouthram said:

No, 2. Bundesliga is not as good as Championship. 
It‘s especially much harder for profilic goalscorer. There are many examples over the last few years: Philipp Hofmann (Brentford), Nick Proschwitz (Hull), Rouwen Hennings (Burnley) and most recently Robert Glatzel in Cardiff, he‘s still doing fine compared to the rest. 
I still can‘t see Dursun beeing the player we need... Too many doubts 

Using Google Translate:

“Serdar Dursun: My manager is meeting with Beşiktaş and Trabzon 2 league team played in Darmstadt, Germany 98 29-year-old striker Serdar Dursun has announced that the bids received from Turkey. News Center 06.01.2021 - 11:55 Update: 06.01.2021 - 12:10 Share on WhatsApp Follow on Google News Previously Shanliurfaspor our country, Eskisehirspor, who played for teams like Manchester City and Karagümrük, while Serdar Dursun returning to Germany in 2016, again to Turkey gelebi. The striker, who played in Germany's 2nd league team Darmstadt 98, announced that he had received offers from Beşiktaş and Trabzonspor. Dursun stated that although his contract ended at the end of the season, his club did not want to leave him and said that he had a test service of 1.5-2 million euros. Serdar Dursun: My manager is meeting with Beşiktaş and Trabzon # 1”

Looks like we’re out of it

16 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Using Google Translate:

“Serdar Dursun: My manager is meeting with Beşiktaş and Trabzon 2 league team played in Darmstadt, Germany 98 29-year-old striker Serdar Dursun has announced that the bids received from Turkey. News Center 06.01.2021 - 11:55 Update: 06.01.2021 - 12:10 Share on WhatsApp Follow on Google News Previously Shanliurfaspor our country, Eskisehirspor, who played for teams like Manchester City and Karagümrük, while Serdar Dursun returning to Germany in 2016, again to Turkey gelebi. The striker, who played in Germany's 2nd league team Darmstadt 98, announced that he had received offers from Beşiktaş and Trabzonspor. Dursun stated that although his contract ended at the end of the season, his club did not want to leave him and said that he had a test service of 1.5-2 million euros. Serdar Dursun: My manager is meeting with Beşiktaş and Trabzon # 1”

Looks like we’re out of it

We have never been in since last September you mean.

He just played with all this instagram crap and Derby. The local Darmstadt press said it weeks or months ago - he will go to Turkey. England and Derby were out like 3 months ago

10 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yet another example of how unlucky we've been as a club recently. Had his replacement at Darmstadt not suddenly become unavailable, he'd already be at the club

Can't blame luck on everything that's a losers attitude tbh. If we had made quicker moves and not farted around over a few hundred 100k we would have signed him, yes finances may have not allowed for it but finances won't allow for much if we are in league 1 next season and we had just lost Martin. That's not bad luck that's just poor planning from us to be going right to the transfer deadline even accounting for the embargo we had a long time to do deals yet couldn't do them for whatever reason. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not sure I have but thanks for your pathetic jibe anyway ?

You said it was bad luck, you make your own luck in these situations by not losing your best striker in July then scrambling like a bunch of inept clowns in October to see what's available at the last week of the window. Piss poor running of the club as per usual. 

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Can't blame luck on everything that's a losers attitude tbh. If we had made quicker moves and not farted around over a few hundred 100k we would have signed him, yes finances may have not allowed for it but finances won't allow for much if we are in league 1 next season and we had just lost Martin. That's not bad luck that's just poor planning from us to be going right to the transfer deadline even accounting for the embargo we had a long time to do deals yet couldn't do them for whatever reason. 

IT WASN'T DOWN TO MONEY. IT WAS DOWN TO DARMSTADT NOT SIGNING A REPLACEMENT.

Poor planning? Better to wait for the right player than sign some journeyman just because he's a available and we may miss out on our preferred target.

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Poor planning? Better to wait for the right player than sign some journeyman just because he's a available and we may miss out on our preferred target.

You're way more patient than I am Ghost ? Not a tough brief. obviously, but after the first 100 or so whingy, straw man hissy fits, I tend to lose interest

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With some posters you may as well talk to the wall