Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

I just don't get this. Everything suggests that he's about to join us. His social media stuff shows a player trying to smooth his way into his new club. The club appear to be briefing the local journalist that he's still a target. In normal circumstances I'd say that it's 99% that he's about to sign.

But I'm 100% certain that he isn't eligible to sign. So what's going on? Have we found a ground breaking (selling?) loophole? I'm confused.

Edited by CornwallRam

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I can’t see this happening - would Rooney want him? - would he get in the team ahead of Richards currently? 
we would be the only team in the championship paying money for a transfer in the championship wouldn’t we?

We need back up for CKR. He is 34 and if he gets injured we only have Waggy who isn’t the same beast. Don’t think the fee if any would be high as Dursan is in the last knockings of his contract .

1 hour ago, sage said:

Is he mobile enough to play to one side of CKR with Jozwiak on the other side? 

No, far from that tbh.

It’s still such a funny situation. German newspapers haven‘t written about Dursun and Derby for months, today a new article came up saying Dursun is the main target of Hannover 96, a club he used to play for some years ago.

And then he is not even eligible to play in England as far as I know 

Edited by GermanRam
Sense

Just now, BriggRam said:

I think this will be the case after last night, I would say Waghorn is now gonna be back up to Sibley 

Just too many factors with Waghorn. Think he likes himself as a striker yet has proven time and time again he is subpar in that position given all the opportunity in the world. He’s also into his 30s now and his contract is running out. Add that to the two unbelievable dumb red cards recently that have completely let down his teammates, the fans and the club... he’s just not that indispensable. If everyone is fully fit, he isn’t in the XI. 

I just can’t see him not signing at this point, whether it’s January or another time everything that is occurring on social media points to this more than I’ve ever seen with any other signing. Unless this is some sort of elaborate troll then fair play I’m confused as you get because they’ve done a mint job.

13 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I can't believe this subject keeps rolling on and on. He was a Cocu target that never happened, so why do fans still think that he would be still on the Rams radar. I will be gobsmacked if this 29yr old one season wonder from Germany's 2nd tier will be in a Rams shirt come next month.

What makes you say he was a Cocu target? How do you know? 

From his own social media activity and our own local press he quite clearly is still on our radar.

As for a one season wonder, at Darmstadt he has scored 40 in 86 games, not sure what people would class that as a 1 season wonder.

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I just don't get this. Everything suggests that he's about to join us. His social media stuff shows a player trying to smooth his way into his new club. The club appear to be briefing the local journalist that he's still a target. In normal circumstances I'd say that it's 99% that he's about to sign.

But I'm 100% certain that he isn't eligible to sign. So what's going on? Have we found a ground breaking (selling?) loophole? I'm confused.

Just spent a boring hour going through the FA's GBE requirements from 1st Jan. (also not saying i'm missing something) i make it that Dursun has 12points (15 required) He has played 90% + miniutes for Darmstadt (6 pts) and 6 pts has Darmstadt play in Bundesliga 2.

However there is an appeal dispensation to the FA for 10+ points, so maybe this has already been cleared, or Derby expect it to be cleared.

As i say if i have got it right maybe there is a possibility.

Edited by SIXTEEN AGAIN

2 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Just spent a boring hour going through the FA's GBE requirements from 1st Jan. (also not saying i'm missing something) i make it that Dursun has 12points (15 required) He has played 90% + miniutes for Darmstadt (6 pts) and 6 pts has Darmstadt play in Bundesliga 2.

However there is an appeal dispensation to the FA for 10+ points, so maybe this has already been cleared, or Derby expect it to be cleared.

He has aspirations to play for Turkey. Maybe he sees the move as a way of getting noticed for the national team in a stronger league. Also CKR might have some contacts within the Turkish FA still and put in a good word to get him in the minds of the national team coaches. Maybe we can use this scenario in an appeal. It does seem that there can be more leeway this window to sort things out so there isn't too much disruption in this window.

4 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

It’s an interesting doc and totally disadvantages Champ teams. This type of example is the prime reason why.

Can’t see how any appeal can be successful and the appeal costs £5k!!

On 30/12/2020 at 12:10, Srg said:

Well hopefully we won’t be seeing too much of Waghorn for a while. 

Sibley looks made for our present style, he is fast, bright and aggressive with great vision and stamina. Could prove lethal along with Kamil from knock backs from Kaz. Suddenly we have a good defence backed by a midfield who can start attacks when they take the ball off the opposition. We have a great target man and fast wingers plus Knight who is everywhere. Shinnie's crosses are very good and Bielik can pretty much do anything.

On 30/12/2020 at 13:41, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

That is how I read it, but I think there is the potential for a further 5 points based on how much we pay him and how much the total transfer fee is? (Based on percentiles of average premier league transfers and wages) I think if we shell out 5 million it is worth 3 points....possibly!

4 hours ago, R@M said:

That is how I read it, but I think there is the potential for a further 5 points based on how much we pay him and how much the total transfer fee is? (Based on percentiles of average premier league transfers and wages) I think if we shell out 5 million it is worth 3 points....possibly!

I thought he was out of contract in the summer? Can’t see us paying anywhere near that amount if that’s the case....