Day

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

13 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

I mean, he spent £53 million in the summer

14CF856B-3AB0-411A-81F0-64DF306CA401.jpeg

Is this the same Leeds that tried to get out of paying £20m for Augustin by saying that, because of Covid, they technically got promoted after the season ended, so the buy clause wasn't activated?

It brings me so much joy to know that Leeds first season back in the PL was the covid season so no fans allowed to attend games. The second season with fans finally allowed back and it’s looking likely they’ll be relegated and have now just lost Bielsa. 

Sweet, sweet joy 

Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

It brings me so much joy to know that Leeds first season back in the PL was the covid season so no fans allowed to attend games. The second season with fans finally allowed back and it’s looking likely they’ll be relegated and have now just lost Bielsa. 

Sweet, sweet joy 

Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again

The one time in a generation they could go see them play decent premier league football, and they weren’t allowed to go. I almost, almost feel sorry for them. 

Feel a bit sorry for Bielsa.....he's achieved more than any of our managers have done in recent years but its not enough to get them promoted to the Premiership he needs to keep them there too. 

In retrospect am glad we didn't get promoted as the manager would have be on a hiding to nothing.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, apart from achieving as much as Wilder did with Sheff utd and being a pin up for the football hipsters, he's basically been ok, but his Leeds team ran out of puff the same as all his other teams ran out of puff? 

Bielsa has done a lot better than "ok". We'd be idolising him if we were in their shoes.

As much as I make fun of him, I do admire Bielsa. He's definitely not the genius that the football hipsters make him out to be, but he is a talented manager who (unfortunately) did a very good job at Leeds. What's annoyed me more than anything is the patronising attitude Leeds fans adopted the moment Bielsa got them playing good football. I had a whole raft of mates who suddenly remembered that they were massive Leeds fans despite last going to a game around 2005. "Yes, please explain to me all about Bielsa's pressing tactics. Obviously I've never heard of him, since he's only managed small teams like Argentina, Chile, Athletic Bilbao before the mighty Leeds gave him a chance to make his name." Even looking at his wikipedia, the Leeds section is longer than the rest of his managerial career put together. I don't know why it irritates me so much. It's like a weird form of stolen valour.

Edited by Anon

Did well for the first two seasons in the Champ, did well in the first season in the Prem but has shown himself to be not capable of managing effectively in that league with his refusal to adapt to circumstances, refusal to sign players to compensate for injuries and happy to see his team walloped week in week out rather than compromise on his principles. You can probably get away with it if you have the quality of players of a Liverpool or Man City (although they've changed their style quite a lot since losing Aguero and not having an out and out striker), but not Leeds.

The Leeds management owners know how financially valuable it is to remain in the Premier League and could see what was coming, so acted. The Leeds fans however seemed to have much preferred to be relegated and kept Bielsa.  

If his attitude is I refuse to change anything about what I'm doing even if it means getting relegated then he can't very well complain about getting sacked by those whose role it is is to safeguard the future of the club.