Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

3 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Did well for the first two seasons in the Champ, did well in the first season in the Prem but has shown himself to be not capable of managing effectively in that league with his refusal to adapt to circumstances, refusal to sign players to compensate for injuries and happy to see his team walloped week in week out rather than compromise on his principles. You can probably get away with it if you have the quality of players of a Liverpool or Man City (although they've changed their style quite a lot since losing Aguero and not having an out and out striker), but not Leeds.

The Leeds management owners know how financially valuable it is to remain in the Premier League and could see what was coming, so acted. The Leeds fans however seemed to have much preferred to be relegated and kept Bielsa.  

If his attitude is I refuse to change anything about what I'm doing even if it means getting relegated then he can't very well complain about getting sacked by those whose role it is is to safeguard the future of the club. 

Think this is a pretty good assessment. As good as he's been for them, I think they had to make the call.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Bielsa may be one of the best coaches in the world but for me he's got an average to poor tactical mind compared to a lot of managers at the top or second division level tbh. The extremely good coaching that enables the basic one form tactic he has masks his deficiencies for a couple of seasons before other managers adapt to his high press style. That much was apparent this season and when Lampard broke his brain with a simple diamond formation. 

You saw it in the premier league this season where managers of teams had largely figured out a way to adapt to 'Bielsaball' and as has happened at every other club he refused to find a solution. There is a reason that big clubs haven't gone after Bielsa and it's not because he's the best manager in the world. He did a good job at leeds (arguably not as good a job as wilder as Sheffield united) but he did no more than that and stayed a short period of time. 

21 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Bielsa may be one of the best coaches in the world

I just don't see how that's possible, he's somewhat of a cult hero for the football hipster community, Leeds fans will also have fond memories.

You can't concede the amount of goals Leeds have these past few games without fixing it and be considered one of the best in the world.

There will always be the argument, it's easier with better tools, but that's football.

Bielsa's tactics worked in the Championship, had a decent enough first season riding off confidence in the PL but was found and and brutally exposed this year.

They had injuries, but you work round that as we have had to do and every other club.

1 hour ago, David said:

I just don't see how that's possible, he's somewhat of a cult hero for the football hipster community, Leeds fans will also have fond memories.

You can't concede the amount of goals Leeds have these past few games without fixing it and be considered one of the best in the world.

There will always be the argument, it's easier with better tools, but that's football.

Bielsa's tactics worked in the Championship, had a decent enough first season riding off confidence in the PL but was found and and brutally exposed this year.

They had injuries, but you work round that as we have had to do and every other club.

That's something that I consider to be the difference between a great coach and a great manager personally. His fitness and training schedules appear to be the envy of the world but his tactics don't seem to be at all. 

6 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

That's something that I consider to be the difference between a great coach and a great manager personally. His fitness and training schedules appear to be the envy of the world but his tactics don't seem to be at all. 

Good at putting out cones then. We know all about that. 

On 04/03/2022 at 12:11, Leeds Ram said:

I think his tactics are very good to a degree. It’s more his refusal to adjust that lets him down.

Second lowest wage budget in the Premier League. £5million lower than Norwich...and having a bad time with injuries.  I think Leeds should have stuck with Bielsa......at least he guaranteed entertainment. 

They will probably be much harder to score against now...but still go down.  Wouldn't that be terrible?  ?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

So Leeds have broken the record for most yellow cards in a season, with a few games still to go. 

Dirty by name, dirty by nature. 

Ayling's "tackle" was an absolute disgrace. He was obviously riled up because he's been made to look like an absolute plonker by Arsenal's attackers and wanted to stick one on them. Two footed, over the ball. An utterly miserable challenge.

That little weasel Raphinha should've seen red for his incessant whining at the ref too.

17 minutes ago, Anon said:

Ayling's "tackle" was an absolute disgrace. He was obviously riled up because he's been made to look like an absolute plonker by Arsenal's attackers and wanted to stick one on them. Two footed, over the ball. An utterly miserable challenge.

That little weasel Raphinha should've seen red for his incessant whining at the ref too.

The ref bottled it. He must have seen the Ayling assault so to give just a yellow was a poor decision - VAR actually dug him out of a hole. Then having given Raphina a yellow for his protest (about what I have no idea), to not give the Leeds idiot another yellow totally undermined the refs authority.