Day

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Incompetence from Brentford 

Burnley will probably be in league one in two or three seasons 

Yep straight through, I believe they now have to pay one of the loans to MSD of £65 million, Before they were sold they had a very healthy bank balance of circa £30million, Now an American financier and co paid off the share holders and took out 2 loans of £130million.

They're ducked.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Martin Keown just said Leeds United have pulled off one of the greatest escapes. Why? They were only in the bottom 3 for about two weeks in the entire season and it’s not like they came from 8 or 9 points behind.

Leeds somehow conspiring to lose to 9-man Brentford on the last day of the season would have been an incredibly Leeds thing to do, but against all the odds they managed to not be Leeds for 90 minutes.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Incompetence from Brentford 

Burnley will probably be in league one in two or three seasons 

I read somewhere that as part of the terms of the shady leverage deal the new Burnley owner(s) took to buy the club, they have to repay something like £75m within 12 months of a relegation, then another £20m in the following 12 months if they don’t get promoted! No big spending of parachute money for them. 

9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I read somewhere that as part of the terms of the shady leverage deal the new Burnley owner(s) took to buy the club, they have to repay something like £75m within 12 months of a relegation, then another £20m in the following 12 months if they don’t get promoted! No big spending of parachute money for them. 

They don’t have many that other premiership clubs would buy either so selling players has gone extremely difficult 

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They don’t have many that other premiership clubs would buy either so selling players has gone extremely difficult 

Cornet, Pope, Tarkowski, Mee and Mcneil should attract interest, but I don't know if any of these are out of contract. They'll probably have to sell them all though and teams will know they're desperate. 

51 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Burnley are in deep, deep **** biggest mistake they ever made was sacking Dyche, literally the glue holding the club together.

would not surprise me at all if they were relegated again.

They'll be fine for this year . A club that gets 35 points on relegation should be very competitive in the championship and they have assets they can shift of 20-30 million should they need to, plus years of parachute payments.  You know they'll be offering us 25p rising to 1.50 for Bielik and Knight. 

I'd swop places at the minute.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They'll be fine for this year . A club that gets 35 points on relegation should be very competitive in the championship and they have assets they can shift of 20-30 million should they need to, plus years of parachute payments.  You know they'll be offering us 25p rising to 1.50 for Bielik and Knight. 

did you not see my earlier post, the terms of the loan they got to buy the club (loading £105m of debt onto the club), stipulate that they have to pay something like 75% of the debt immediately (well, within 12mths) of relegation. then another 20% if they don't immediately get promoted.

On 23/05/2022 at 11:45, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Their parachute payments arent going to be much use. They have to use virtually all of the first two years to pay back debts. The squad is ok, but i think they'll struggle without a new manager.

If they have to sell players as well they are in deep s***

Edited by GenBr

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Absolute tragedy for world football, let alone English football, that the dirties will spend another season in the prem.

However, The Burnley owner who decided that someone other than Sean Dyche had a chance to keep them up deserves to plummet a couple of more divisions.

Spot on. Dumping Dyche right up there with the dumbest calls ever made by club owners. Would have said that the fans deserve better but it seems they deserted the club a while back anyway.