Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

1 hour ago, JfR said:

I wonder if ex-Burnley manager Eddie Howe is thinking Sunday would be a good day to give a few Newcastle starters a rest.

As his option was leave or walk the plank, I think it may be the reverse.  

Is Chris Wood and regular Burnley saviour still getting games at Newcastle though.  He may have a stinker.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

If Leeds get relegated, do you think any of their fans will have the decency to apologise to Karen Carney? Because it looks like she was right - they only got promoted because the Covid suspension gave the players a rest and Bielsa's methods would have led to a burn-out eventually. 

No, they'll be to busy convincing themselves that the entire premier League in mourning their relegation because they're Leeds.

4 hours ago, David said:

Happy Premier League GIF by Prime Video

Seeing a picture of this bloke upsets me.  I'd take him and one of the original big 5 who have lead to this same up same down boredom of a fixture list getting relegated.  They were lucky to have games against Leicester sandwiched round there European matches.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

If Leeds get relegated, do you think any of their fans will have the decency to apologise to Karen Carney? Because it looks like she was right - they only got promoted because the Covid suspension gave the players a rest and Bielsa's methods would have led to a burn-out eventually. 

They didn't burn out last season either. But they have this year as well as in 2018-19 of course who can forget that? 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

They didn't burn out last season either. But they have this year as well as in 2018-19 of course who can forget that? 

I think the underlying problem is that they've adhered to Bielsa's policy of a small squad, 18 + 4 under 21, and that's meant they haven't had sufficient quality cover. Injuries have been mounting and some of that must be the cumulative stress on players bodies from the intensity that Bielsa insisted they train and play with. Last season, they only played 40 games in all competitions, so they didn't suffer a dip. But they only signed 2 first team players in close season that they didn't have last season, the same number they released. They should have realised that it would catch up with them eventually. 

58 minutes ago, JfR said:

Sounds like the Leeds board have been chatting to Gibson

They have a point about the overspending which the premiership allowed them to do it seems but I would have liked to see what the EFL would have done to Everton but I will have to settle for leeds hopefully 

To be fair to Everton, those numbers will include the costs of building a new stadium, estimated to be about £500m when it's all done in a couple of years time. Of course, if this were the EFL they'd drag a bloke in to compare it to Tranmere's and say they've significantly overstated the costs of building it.

I am sure the premiership will be hopeful that leeds survive and they finally get rid of Burnley as they still have Fulham Crystal Palace Bournemouth to fulfil their Monday night fixtures that nobody watches - me personally I would like to see if the EFL do anything about leeds spending when they got promotion 

1 hour ago, David said:

Today is the day, don’t let the football world down Burnley, we are all behind you.

Send that lot down and you will never have to buy a drink again in any town or city you enter.

Unless B4 is getting a round in as he hates cheating Burnley. So not quite correct Actually Ralph.

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Unless B4 is getting a round in as he hates cheating Burnley. So not quite correct Actually Ralph.

I'm sure he would agree with me that Leeds going down would be glorious.