Live football thread.

Rev

When you look at it Manure have the same issues we've had for ages, too many managers with different styles & philosophies, buying square pegs for round holes, ending up with a basket case of a squad.  The only difference is they can afford to spunk millions on overpriced talent that nobody else wants...

Edited by ramsbottom

45 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Mitrovic has now scored 18 goals in just 15 championship games this season. Incredible. The record is 30. It's strange how he hasn't been able to show it at a higher level.

The Norwich of players. Too good for the championship, pants in the premier league. 

15 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Mitrovic has now scored 18 goals in just 15 championship games this season. Incredible. The record is 30. It's strange how he hasn't been able to show it at a higher level.

Because Fulham's squad is worth around £200m  and he's playing in a league where the average squad value is £35m.

When he's in the Premier League he's playing in a league where the average squad value is £400m.

Same reason why Pukki will probably score 20+ next season. There's a new invisible mini league forming of about 6 clubs in-between the PL and Championship with a squad value of around £150m-£200m, who just accept they will get relegated from the PL but will destroy the Championship every time they go down and be up again. These 6 teams are guaranteed the top 2 spots in the Championship each season. They only way other teams can compete most of the time is by cheating. Mitrovic's goal record is just highlighting how unfair the Championship is becoming.

7 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

here's a new invisible mini league forming of about 6 clubs in-between the PL and Championship with a squad value of around £150m-£200m, who just accept they will get relegated from the PL but will destroy the Championship every time they go down and be up again. These 6 teams are guaranteed the top 2 spots in the Championship each season. 

Technically, that simply doesn't compute, but pedantry aside, I agree.  The list of recognised yoyo teams (If it was to exist!) does seem to be getter more and more concentrated as years pass by.  

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Technically, that simply doesn't compute, but pedantry aside, I agree.  The list of recognised yoyo teams (If it was to exist!) does seem to be getter more and more concentrated as years pass by.  

Fulham promoted 3 times relegated 3 times in the past 6 years. Says it all really.

It’s a shame we never got promoted under Steve McClaren. I feel we would have been set up to be like a Fulham, Norwich and West Brom, yo-yoing between the two.

It must be fun for the supporters to dominate the Championship, winning games comfortably and enjoying the away days.

I really don’t know how much fun it has been for fans of Burnley and was for Brighton (under Hughton) struggling most weeks and grinding out on average one win in four games.

I feel for Man Utd right now with Chelsea, City and Liverpool streets ahead. The biggest difference is the managers. Ole is just nowhere near that level, he’s not even in the same league as managers like Ralph Hasenhuttl or Sean Dyche.

United missed a trick not going for Antonio Conte.

Zidane may fancy it. Erik ten Hag is another who deserves a crack at a top club.

27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I feel for Man Utd right now with Chelsea, City and Liverpool streets ahead. The biggest difference is the managers. Ole is just nowhere near that level, he’s not even in the same league as managers like Ralph Hasenhuttl or Sean Dyche.

United missed a trick not going for Antonio Conte.

Zidane may fancy it. Erik ten Hag is another who deserves a crack at a top club.

Blimey, really? Most people are just pissing themselves.