Live football thread.

Rev

23 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It doesn’t bode well that the Championship’s best team from last season is getting absolutely battered in the Premier League.

It’s also worrying to see how easy it is for the likes of Norwich, West Brom, Fulham and Watford to bounce back at the first attempt.

Leeds are also struggling big time despite walking the Championship the other year.

It’s time for a PL2. Cut the Championship to 20 teams, create a better deal which gives clubs more money and watch the teams flourish.

English football is broken when so many Championship clubs are in debt while the gap between the top two leagues is this big.

Leeds wont struggle for long if they have players like Joe Gerhardt waiting to play first team football,came on as a substitute yesterday,wow what talent this 19 year old showed yesterday,going right to the top.

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

13 minutes gone and Manure 2-0 down at home to Liverpool…

I don’t get how their defence are so bad. 1/2 of the defence are starters for England, and look genuinely world class at that level. Wan-Bissaka is always in the conversation for England too, only doesn’t get on cos apparently he’s defensively a beast but not so good attack. 

Is lindeloff really that bad that he brings the whole defence down? Is verane injured. With verane in there they should have one of the best defences in the world on paper. 

leads me to the conclusion that Southgate knows what he’s doing with these players more than Solksjarr does. You can make that direct comparison. 

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t get how their defence are so bad. 1/2 of the defence are starters for England, and look genuinely world class at that level. Wan-Bissaka is always in the conversation for England too, only doesn’t get on cos apparently he’s defensively a beast but not so good attack. 

Is lindeloff really that bad that he brings the whole defence down? Is verane injured. With verane in there they should have one of the best defences in the world on paper. 

leads me to the conclusion that Southgate knows what he’s doing with these players more than Solksjarr does. You can make that direct comparison. 

Southgate has Rice and Philips in front of them. Man Utd have Fred and McTominay.

19 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You have a far higher opinion of their defenders than I do - Maguire struggles against quick mobile players, Shaw is far better going forward than defending, Lindeloff is an average centre half and Wan-bissaka is an accident waiting to happen. Man Utd getting their just desserts for vastly overpaying for average players….

43 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Agreed. These players look excellent for England. Man United are just all over the place defensively. They have no organisation whatsoever. It's definitely a coaching issue.

27 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

You have a far higher opinion of their defenders than I do - Maguire struggles against quick mobile players, Shaw is far better going forward than defending, Lindeloff is an average centre half and Wan-bissaka is an accident waiting to happen. Man Utd getting their just desserts for vastly overpaying for average players….

Didn’t luke shaw win player of the tournament at the euros? 

in paper these teams are on par. There certainly isn’t a 5 goal gulf between them. The only thing that isn’t on par is the coaching. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Didn’t luke shaw win player of the tournament at the euros? 

in paper these teams are on par. There certainly isn’t a 5 goal gulf between them. The only thing that isn’t on par is the coaching. 

Shaw had a good tournament - but since he moved to Utd he’s had far more poor performances than good ones. There are certainly issues with the coaching - at times they’ve run about like an under 10s team all tracking the ball, but which of the Utd defenders would get into the Liverpool team?