Live football thread.

Rev

Rather bizarrely, Harry kane quoted after the match as saying "we showed the world what we are capable of". 

Really? It was an Albania side missing a couple of of their key players who had to make a couple of changes in the first 11 minutes. 

And they tried to play with their weakened side rather than stick 10 men behind the ball which played right into our hands. Witness what happened in 2nd half when they went more defensive. 

So I doubt the world will be quaking. 

46 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Rather bizarrely, Harry kane quoted after the match as saying "we showed the world what we are capable of". 

Really? It was an Albania side missing a couple of of their key players who had to make a couple of changes in the first 11 minutes. 

And they tried to play with their weakened side rather than stick 10 men behind the ball which played right into our hands. Witness what happened in 2nd half when they went more defensive. 

So I doubt the world will be quaking. 

Don't think anyone will be scared off the basis of the scoreline but England were immense for a period in the 1st half and if we play like that against any team we'd stand a good chance of winning. 

I'd still like to see us go abit more attacking though and play either a 4231 but with attacking fullbacks in Chillwell and James with Kane, Sterling, Foden and Grealish in attack or the 5Atb but with Mount or Bellingham next to Henderson or Rice.

42 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Don't think anyone will be scared off the basis of the scoreline but England were immense for a period in the 1st half and if we play like that against any team we'd stand a good chance of winning. 

I'd still like to see us go abit more attacking though and play either a 4231 but with attacking fullbacks in Chillwell and James with Kane, Sterling, Foden and Grealish in attack or the 5Atb but with Mount or Bellingham next to Henderson or Rice.

England have got a great selection of players but a pretty average manager. I think that’s the difference between winning trophies or not and I throw Belgium into that equation too.

Spain, Italy, France and Germany are all currently more likely I think due to having better managers.

Having checked, it seems Albania are ranked 63rd and England 5th..

In their weakened state they were probably playing at a level some way below that. 

Ironically, England put in their poorest performance when they tried to play more attacking against Hungary. 

They had great success last night playing a fairly defensive formation but high up the pitch because the opposition press was so half baked. 

I predict we will get to something like the quarter finals of the next wc. To get beyond will need a "lucky draw".